Link your EQII Videos!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ARCHIVED-Rothgar, Aug 25, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

How did you get that ice block or whatever it is to go down on? :O
  2. ARCHIVED-g0dless420 Guest

Gaige wrote:
    I wish I had known that, but heres my Flying Arasai video.
  3. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

Yea both are in Kylong Plains, down hill for the win~
    More vids! Looking into audio stuff this time around...
    Fly Over
    The Reform of Fear
    Hey Rothgar, can we please look into getting mic recording? Per haps use Voice Chat 'personal' channel as a recorder or something? Obviously records game sound, just no mic stuff it seems, makes me sad panda. Unless I am missing a check box or something /shrug.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

I have a problem, the vid output seems limited to 16:9 - but I always run 16:10.
    so my vids always end up looking crushed.
  5. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    What do I think?...I think that I really, really hope that the people working on implementing it weren't pulled away from working on something that even remotely matters. I suppose I've "had a chance to try it out" but I haven't actually tried it out because who cares?
  6. ARCHIVED-P0ET Guest

7. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Onorem wrote:
    Everyone who doesn't have access to and knowledge of normal editing tools. This is a way to show that EQ2 exists. The only problem with it is that the good and well-edited videos might get lost in the myriad of quick-vids.

But again, it opens windows to inexperienced people. I will never understand pessimism like this for videos and house keeping... Or "waste of time when you can powerlevel and get uber items". Have fun, relax! :D
  8. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

Pixiewrath@The Bazaar wrote:
    It's a way to show EQ2 exists to who? Are people that don't know about the game searching for it?
    I'm not against videos and "house keeping"...I just don't want people who can actually address gameplay related issues working on things like this when other things need attention. If the people who worked on implementing this have no other function related to gameplay....fine. What is "waste of time when you can powerlevel and get uber items" supposed to mean? Who said anything about either of those topics? I do like uber items...though I don't think I have any currently. I don't power-level...not intentionally at least. Soloing my latest alts might feel that way with the stupidly overpowered lower tier loot.
  9. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

I am saying this because a lot of people complain about lore, LoN, house keeping, SC items etc. etc. etc. because they only want more nuke-and-loot ingame to be powerful and allmighty ingame, and forget all other things. Being allowed to make movies this easily will only be a plus to get this game known to a wider mass.

You can also choose your own tags on youtube so if you add some more tags you can get the game shown to people who are searching for non-EQ2-related videos too.

More people = more money, more money = more staff, more staff = faster bug fixes, additions and improvements.

Anything that gives EQ2 some good PR is good in my opinion.

Some things in EQ2 are broken, like some unfinishable quests in isle of mara (monk training quests with shard collection) and so on, but it is obvious that the team is always working on something when you look at how much is added all the time and how fast it happens.

Some other games are sleeping while this game grows and grows and grows. But as long as the framerate problem persists, people will continue to laugh and leave. That is definitely the most serious issue with EQ2.

Bottom line after a lot of rambling is that new features like this is always nice, and will in the long run help improve EQ2 as a game, so it's important to have them.
  10. ARCHIVED-Hannalynn Guest

I don't really understand the purpose of the in game recorder as the quality is not good at all, it doesn't upload at a good p & it takes forever to upload even the smallest amount. Frapsing, compressing, & uploading to youtube normally is much quicker & better quality.
  11. ARCHIVED-screenid Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Neithe@Crushbone wrote:
    You can compress, edit and upload the avi from the in-game capture as well and the in-game tool is a lot less laggy for me than fraps is.
  13. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Here's a walkthrough of my Tinkered Vehicle house.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G06zheGi3Ho

Thank you for adding this, by the way. I was about to shoot this with my camera as any kind of external video capture tends to be laggy.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Gaige wrote:
    Same here.
    I believe there are a few settings you can fiddle with with the in-game capture also to adjust the size and quality. I think quality is all the way up by default but I think you can increase the size. I could be wrong though, can't log in to check right now.
  15. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Dethdlr@Butcherblock wrote:
    We hope to tweak and tune this feature as we see how people are using it the most. Since the video output isn't as highly compressed as something like FRAPS, that would explain why the performance is better. However, the downside is that we are creating larger files than FRAPS which can result in longer upload times.
    At some point in the future I'd like to look at adding more options so you can tailor it to your needs.
  16. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

Yea, the main draw back is the upload time to this. It seems that, keeping 10 quality, high res is in the range of about 2 minutes per second of recording, Medium resolution 1 minute per second of recording, and Low resolution about 30 seconds per second of recording. You will NOT be doing many back-to-back recordings with this tool at the moment.
    Idea to handle this: FiLe ArRaY!1!1 ~ What I mean by this, is that the file is stored like an array, each time the client is launched it defaults to file_000.avi or what ever, and basically when you hit the 'upload' button for file 000, the target save shifts to file_001.avi, then 002, etc. and makes an upload queue in the background. But then comes 'clearing the excess data' - well, when one goes to /camp desktop or when the client is launched, have it loop through and set a bunch of blank 1 frame .avi's for like up to 20 movies or what ever.
  17. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na02m3wfJyM - Video of the Aether Racing course in Darklight Woods. Made with Vegas and FRAPS.

For some reason the sound stutter near the start and start lagging behind. This is my second video where this happens, and I have no idea why, as I didn't have this problem earlier... :/
  18. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Where is the video saved on the computer? Or is it? I wanted to edit it but can't find it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Giggittygiggity Guest

20. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Katz wrote:
    It is placed in the EQ2 folder, in the main folder. I can't find mine now either, so I think it gets removed after you upload it...