Light Armour vs Medium Armour - Any benefits?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Eleimaris, Dec 1, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Eleimaris Guest

I'm a lvl 21 Wood Elf Ranger and was just wondering what the benefits to wearing light armour (such as boiled leather) are over wearing medium armour (such as brigandine) other than the obvious AC difference. Someone suggested that you get some form of agility bonus wearing light, but I'd like to know what type? It seems like you move faster wearing light armour too but I couldnt be sure.
    Having very high agility I'd love to know which I should be wearing. Anyone have the definitive answer?

Edit - I found out about damage mitigation on medium armour already BTW.
  2. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

You should be wearing medium. Light would not give you an Agility BONUS (you would not have more agility points).
    Since agility points determines power pool, they are good to have. Agility also relates to dodging. But again, wearing light vs. medium doesn't change your agility. One thing that I've never seen ANYWHERE, but which is POSSIBLE, is that light armor COULD, CONCEIVABLY, give you a bonus to Avoidance or Dodge. However, this would be overruled by the simple increase in AC you receive from Medium armor.

Summary: There's no reason to wear light armor after you ding 20, except being poor.

Good luck!