Lifeburn

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Ptalomej, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Ptalomej Member

Can You also fix issue with the damage formula for Necromancer Lifeburn that allowed it to hit for ludicrous amounts of damage (but very very small amount :))
  2. Veta Well-Known Member

The issue with lifeburn is that it does not scale off of % max hp gains. It uses base hp as the damage modifier, but uses current hp pool for the hp loss.
    Arieva likes this.
  3. Moorefallen Active Member

Surely you are jokeing right LB & soul burn are our bread and butter , every thing else is cannon fodder for the burn, leave it as is.
  4. Anaiul Member

I think Veta ran out of bread then :(
    Veta likes this.
  5. Microdeath Member

6. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with soulburn, but Lifeburn has been broken since ToV when they jacked up the health pools that expac. With apparently no fix in sight *sigh*
  7. Moorefallen Active Member

Hmm.... ok maybe i missed something.... I have only been back with KA so forgive me if i have... But why is Life burn being based off your "base Life" a bad thing? Why should it scale? i did 76 billion dmg @ fens pq other night 49% was from life burn. so seriously just curious why do you consider it broken?
  8. Alexae New Member

The Fens PQ does not tally damage normally, if you look at the numbers. Lifeburn is broken in every way. It gives too much damage in Fens and doesn't scale everywhere else.
  9. Moorefallen Active Member

Oh so fens is the exception...I must confess i have not really been paying attention to other areas. I'll have to test this out not really been paying attention. Thx for taking the time to explain.
    Alexae likes this.