Lifeburn Details Please

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-GoblinTown, Nov 13, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-GoblinTown Guest

I've been fooling around with Lifeburn a bit lately and was wondering if there are any details you could share that would help me utilize this ability better?

Like uses x% of life every x seconds, stops at x% life (or kills you even). The info I'm getting testing this solo isn't that great and I'm hoping someone can give me a few more facts about how exactly this works before I embarass myself in a party or test it out in an important situation.

Thanks much!
  2. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

im far from one of the brainiacs who know exact numbers for lifeburn calculations, but i do know that:

#1 lifeburn will never take more then 50% of the mobs health.
    #2 lifeburn will take into acount the necros health and mobs health, then it will break the dmg into 10 large dot's one every second across a span of 10 seconds.
    #3 the ratio used to figure out this large dot is 1:4(one health to 4 focus dmg on the mob)
    #4 life burn will use roughly 2.5 times your total HP if you're not healed it will shut off early and leave you at 1 health.
    hope that helps.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

Things you forgot -
    Lifeburn grants the mob a 2 min immunity to future Lifeburns. So, a gang of necro's can't chain cast Lifeburn on a mob.
    Lifeburn cannot be cast on a mob that is over 90% (?) health (opening with lifeburn is not a good idea anyway since it can pull aggro off the MT).
    I think it actually does up to 20% of your health per second damage to you and 4x health burned as dmg to the mob. It can last up to 10 secs but will stop after 5 secs if you are not healed and reach 1 HP. If you are healed (via cleric or lifetap or potion or item) during the 10 sec duration of lifeburn it will keep burning (and draining health) until the full 10 secs has expired (or you reach 1 HP). So, the most dmg Lifeburn can do is 2 x Your Max Health x 4 (which in my necro's case is about 26,800 dmg).
    You can cancel lifeburn by feigning death.
  4. ARCHIVED-GoblinTown Guest

Thank you two for the input :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Galeden Guest

Mewse wrote:
    Your first two points are a little off. The immunity is now closer to 30 seconds, not sure when this was changed (just found out myself last week), but I tested it and it is definatly true, I could cast my lifeburn 30 seconds after the previous necro in a raid. And the other one is not true, since we were there to have fun as much as raid, and were getting lousy drops, I offered to sacrifice myself on the next pull, so on incoming I lifeburned, after casting a spell to get on the hate list. Thats the only block as far as I know in casting, you have to already be on the hate list to cast it, there isn't any health level limit to cast.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

It was never a 2 min immunity, and just as long as you're on the hate list you can use lifeburn...no hp % requirement.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

First off ignore the tooltip. It's misleading. And yes the Immunity is 30 seconds exactly.
    Lifeburn will tick once a second for 10 seconds.
    Each tick will be the same if you have solid healing and the tick amount depends on your total HP at the time of casting. Debuffs mean nothing to Lifeburn. It's focus damage and cannot be modified.
    Lifeburn without heals will do about 4 times your hitpoints in damage and fizzle leaving you at 1 point of health. However with proper healing your Lifeburn will do massive amounts of damage. Example: Burn at 8k hitpoints with no heals about 30,000 damage give or take. Burn at 8k hitpoints with proper heals about 80,000 hitpoints give or take 6%.
    Now if you want to maximize your burn you need a bit of help. Temp buffs that raise your HP will affect Lifeburn ticks dramatically. Your Unstopable Soul from Siphoning of Souls at T8 Masters adds 16% to your total HPs. So use it before you life burn every single time. Morality Mark drains STA from the mob and gives it to you also raising your hitpoints so use it every time you Lifeburn. If you have a mystic for bolster have them hit you with it as well.
    Get your HPs up over 12,000-13,000 HPs at the moment you burn and with proper healing you will do well over 100,000 damage in 10 seconds. And while you are burning be sure to continue casting your spells. Drain Life will help keep your HP's up and all your spells have a small heal proc from Lich so spam away. Don't ever listen to someone who tells you to FD when you lifeburn unless the tank doesn't know how to keep agro off you when you burn full. (Yes it's possible any tank can do it they are just lazy about it because they don't think they should have to)
    Give your group warning before you burn so the healer can adjust and the tank can ready a rescue. (Deathmarch works great however it must be cast right about when the burn starts or it will not last long enough to hold agro) Get a Jester's Cap (when the burn starts or just before) and it will keep the refresh timer tolerable.
    Oh and FD does not cansel Lifeburn. You will keep burning as long as you get heals for 10 seconds regardless. Death Prevents however will cansel lifeburn so make sure the healer knowns never to hit you with a death prevent. Brigand have a non-tank Intercede that will also buffer some of the Lifeburn damage.
    And LB is not a sacrifice in any way. If your healer and tank are prepaired for it you will never get agro and you will destroy the DPS of every other class in your group. On longer fights like raid encounters it's best to get all your debuffs/buffs DoTs and Dumbfire's out there before you burn and then continue your casting chain while you are burning. The idea with Necro is to keep everything ticking all the time. It all adds up. But it takes a lot of practice to get the casting chains down because they are specific. You slip up a couple times and your DPS will drop like a rock.
    Necro and Conjy are the hardest Mage classes in the game to learn to play well.
  8. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Mewse wrote:
  9. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

I am not about to argue with Sciomar or Xil on matters "necromantic". As I said "I think". However, that does not mean "I am certain".
    Good tips on maximizing health before the burn, guys!
    Inquisitors have a group HP buff. That will help lifeburn as well.
    Don't forget the Unglued Alchemist's Amulet http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Unglued_A...7s_Amulet That will heal you for 3K HP instantly (5 minute reuse timer). I activate that just as after casting Lifeburn. Then I follow up with Life Drain and my other spells.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Mewse wrote:
    Oh come on now I'm not that bad! Don't lump me into the same category with that guy :p
  11. ARCHIVED-Necrodeath79 Guest

Yep I personaly am a HP *****, I am normaly sitting at about 14k in raid now, tack on our HP buff, + bolster, choker, orb "if buff up" and whatever else I can get my hands on LB is OMG, without all the buffs and gear though lb is just another spell in the lineup.
    Just had my first LB for over 20k per tick today and all I can say is .....
    just my 2 coppers, but what do I know
    Pest
  12. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Be glad you have healers who actually heal you through it! Mine let me die or get to 1hp :/
  13. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sciomar@Unrest wrote:
    This is why people never get to see what real necro can do. Healers ignore the highest 10 second block of possible DPS in the game... For what so the Fury can do 5 or 10k total damage if that? I'd kick the fury from the raid if they didn't heal the Necro through Lifeburn.

Oh and it's extremely hard for chain and plate healers to heal a necro through lifeburn however any druid can do it if you warn them ahead of time. Warden are better suited but you'll normally end up with a Fury for raiding and they can do it, it's just a little harder.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

In all honesty druids are the worst healers to have in a raid atm, yes yes they have burst heals but they don't offer much else to the raid that a good shaman or cleric does. We have one druid and she tries her heart out I'm sure sometimes to keep me up but usually she's in the OT group and can't watch me. The complaint/debate over lifeburn has been ongoing and is sure to continue for many seasons and by many a new and old necro with their healers. I just try and build my hp up and make sure to click on my cloak to put as out much possible damage as I can until I either die or just hit 1hp, I had actually considered changing mains just from being fed up with being allowed to die or being thrown into the crap group because I offer no group utility but the gear disparity between my main and my alt is a bit much and I'm not lookin' to take a dkp hit for switching to something "more useful".
  15. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sciomar@Unrest wrote:
    Oh no... Your raid group needs some love Scio. You should always have a fury in the mage group and a warden(although many prefer an Inq here) in the melee group. Druids are FANTASTIC healers. They don't offer the wards cleirc and shaman offer but when it comes to actually healing nothing beats a druid.
    Have them organize the mage group something like this: Fury(or Warden)/Troub/You/Mage/Mage/Illusionist
    Have the Illusionist give whoever needs the most help Time Compression whether it's the healer or one of you mages just have them put it where it makes the most difference. And you and your fellow Mages will be keeping up with the melee on DPS. That single Fury can keep your whole group constantly green, heal you though lifeburn AND be able to DPS well, all at the same time with time compression. Fury is the best option because of Lucidity but a Warden is even better healing so either works.
    Don't knock the Druids. Best healers I have ever encounterd are Druid. It takes 3 Chain/Plate healers to compare to the actual healing of a Druid. It's just takes them to long to cast their actual heal spells. And in the Mage group especially wards aren't enough you gotta be able to heal fast and get those squishy mages back green before the next AE. I hope none of you are using a choker without a Druid in your group...
  16. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

lol clerics and shamans can out heal druids, and we all use chokers (almost everyone in the raid). Seriously druids are not that great for raiding. Lucidity is the worst buff to want. All other healers offer some of the following: wards, damage procs, proc trigger increasers, cast hast temp buffs, immunities, and hp...all of which greatly outweighs anything a druid can bring. Healing isn't an issue for any of the plate or chain healers it's only the fact they don't want to heal lifeburn lol.
    A better mage group setup is a hybrid one, healer/mage/mage/mage/bard/scout, spreads the buffs around the raid alot better. Healer almost never has TC and most dont really need it, we build for pure dps.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

When I am playing my alt inquisitor I will toss the other necro in our raid guild a master I direct heal (the 3 sec one). I cast as soon as he gives the 5 sec warning. Barring server lag he gets a massive heal about when his health hits 20% or so. When I play my necro in the raid I am usually grouped with a fury. If I am lucky I get a troub, too, but those are in short supply. All too often though, I am assigned to harvest shinies and click statues or levers...so my zonewide parse suffers. The only time I get to shine is on trash mobs.
  18. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sciomar@Unrest wrote:
    Well maybe that's true for Chain and Plate healers in Teir 4 Raid gear and all Mythicals. But Chain and Plate healers are designed to stop damage not repair it. Direct healing is still required. And if you've ever strapped on a Chain or Plate healing alt you'll notice that every one of their direct heal spells and group heal spells takes forever to cast. (this is why they have trouble, it's not functional to cast those spells when they can spam wards)
    Druids make up for that by having no need for wards. They simply heal constantly with HoT's and quick casting Direct heals. Any Druid can keep you at full health through the entire duration of your LB while still healing a full group of players using the choker and even do a bit of DPS themselves.
    And Scio if your raid is built for DPS and that's the focus why do they not heal you for Lifeburn? There is no other class that can put that much DPS into a single target. Geared well and healed well you can spike up to well over 20,000 damage per second for 10 seconds. And if you have a Bard and Tandem you won't even get agro. Seems like an aweful waste of DPS to me.
    From the sound of it your raid is built to maximize survivability rather than DPS. That or you just have an excess of Cleric and Shaman and only one druid.
  19. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Xil wrote:
    thre are plenty of other classes that can put up the same dmg as lifeburn and with out the help of healers. it's why lifeburn sucks and needs a change.
  20. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    Take a look at the difference between the DPS graph of a Life Burning Necro vrs the DPS graph of any other DPS class and you will see where the difference is immediatley. Hint: Look at the Max value on the DPS graph.