Lifeburn and Necro swarm pets...

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Laserbeak, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Iseous Active Member

Or it would be nice if Secrets of Vazaelle affected it, along with Graverot, Feasting Soul, and any other DOTs that it doesn't affect.
  2. tbone88888 New Member

Good ideas, but once again, if Lifeburn isn't fully modified by potency/cb, the same scaling issues will arise after gear upgrades. Elemental blast gets upgraded with every gear upgrade...why not our signature ability?
  3. Veta Well-Known Member

Communion, the major swarm of a conjuror, is an encounter spell based off single target hits. We just have an easier time timing ours with timewarp. If you parse two equally geared conjuror and necromancers together, communion does do more damage on a single target dummy this is not accounting for doublecast. Without doublecast, on the assumption still that both are equally geared, Communion does around double the amount of undead horde.

Conjurors only time this swarm with timewarp around the assassin which is that big 4mil hit you are talking about. The assassin comes in after 2 seconds after the initial hit of the spell. If timed correctly you get 10 hits from the assassin versus 4 (ya, I know 2*4=10 =D). Communion with 1min cooldown almost always lines up with a well placed timewarp, assuming there are not resets. This is why I complain about illies that do not use timewarp. As for undead horde being 12 seconds long, imagine if all that 12 seconds happened in a 6 second time-span like communion and timewarped on top of that. People complained that procs on pets back pre to mid coe were laggy, imagine what that would be like.

I do agree that the spell can be difficult to time correctly. As for the damage its encounter based and all the spells the swarms cast are greens. Meaning that the swarm increases linearly per target added to the encounter link. Back to communion, its encounter based meaning if one dies it will go to another in the encounter BUT all the attacks that it dishes out are single target except for the mage, which of the three in the spell casts a blue. The blue of the mage does about half of the damage of the single target ae swarm, in other words when it comes to timing I will prolly try to land my assassin on a timewarp still but I also want to try to time my ae single target swarm as much as possible.

Also, you must look at the spell type of the swarms. Undead horde when cast will also release procs on the encounter, for example, VC and trigger things like Graverot. Communion will not do this. As for the other swarms both apply the procs.

As for undead horde dying right off I am not sure of the problem. A patch back in... March? gave swarms non-direct ae immunity and some other goodies to increase their survivability. The only thing I can think of that would cause them to die so suddenly is maybe you are ripping aggro. I know when some of the pets in the swarm are done casting they will die off while the others finish their spells.

Also Laser, you compared your awakened which is the lesser of your swarms to the major damage dealing one of a conjuror versus comparing horde and communion or comparing awakened and flames. As for lifeburn as a whole, it hurts me that an expertise ability does more than my overall end. Going off what Mac posted and knowing what buffs he does and does not get, the parse he posted was 3.4mil/tick on one cast. My EBs timewarped are hitting for 4-5mil (8-10mil if you will, timewarped). That is 3-4x times the damage of one of my casts. Lifeburn resets, in timer, 1 minute after EB (2.5min versus 1.5min). After that its just about how many resets you can get. Which in that case is all luck. Blazing avatar is a 22 second recast with 16% reset chance. While lifetap is 4% reset chance with 2-4sec reset chance. Essentially over a 22 second timer both have the same chance to reset, assuming you are almost always casting when up.

Also, wizards are horrible at the moment and any wizard that has not thought about or attempted to roll warlock definitely surprises me.
  4. Veta Well-Known Member

tbone88888, lifeburn does scale when you get better gear. Stamina gives a large stamina boost. With that said, if you are wearing bolstered attributes you get 10% of the stamina extra and then on top of that another 20% extra health gain if you are wearing bolstered endurance. Through focus effects you gain another 10% of health gained from the stamina, and whatever else % you gain from having hp gear and etc.
  5. SacDaddy420 Active Member

Thats funny everytime I say something like this I get told wizards are fine and I'm whining.

And I have thought about it. not betraying, lol never. but an alt.
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

Not going to say for sure without checking parses, but I'm confident that this is not true, at all. Undead Horde does not proc group procs, they were changed when all the other dumbfires were changed. They USED to, I know I used to time ET and UH to get procs from them, but I don't think they do anymore. But again, I would have to double check my parses and could very well be wrong. If they do in fact proc VC, then it's broken and should be fixed (then the recast changed to match Communion!)
  7. Veta Well-Known Member

No, the swarms within the pets do not trigger procs its initial landing of the spell that triggers procs. Main pets used to trigger procs but that was changed in coe, even at that time I do not recall the swarms within the spell triggering anything.
  8. Veta Well-Known Member

Now that i actually looked at the parse thread on flames there are wizs that do well. Maybe all the ones I know are just bad :/
  9. SacDaddy420 Active Member

theres good conjy parses too.

guess that means theres no problem.
  10. Veta Well-Known Member

don't recall listing any problems for conjs. i guess there is no problem? especially since this is the necro thread, do not believe i would list conj issues here unless the problem is with both classes
  11. tbone88888 New Member

Lifeburn scales very little Veta. With potency spiking from 1200-1800 in raids, it scales at a very low % compared to elemental blast. It continues to drop down the parse while blast stays near the top...in other words, little to no scaling. Not to mention having to wear max hp gear and sacrifice other stats for 1 spell.