Library of Erudin harder for pet?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Wilowsong, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Wilowsong Active Member

Hello,
    It seems like Library of Erudin is harder for my personae reflection than it was before. She used to defeat monsters with one hit, now it takes 2 or 3. Is this because I'm level 90?
    Thank you,
    Wilowsong.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What level is your armor and gear? What quality are your spells? If you just hit 90, perhaps those are aging out?
  3. Wilowsong Active Member

Most of my gear is level 80-90. I only use the highest rank spells I have and I haven't done a lot of spell upgrading.
    Thank you for your reply!
  4. Wilowsong Active Member

Any ideas how to fix this, or make my pet stronger?
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Harvest a bunch to get the rares needed and have a sage make you some upgraded spells. If you can afford it, get the master for your main pet.

If you'll give us your toon's name, and make sure EQ2 Share is checked in your Character sheet options, we can look more specifically at your gear and spells and make better suggestions.
  6. Wilowsong Active Member

I upgrade my spells in my knowledge book. I am waiting for my personae reflection to finish researching. My character's name is Willowsong and I have EQ2 share enabled!
    Thank you,
    Wilowsong.
  7. Wilowsong Active Member

Typo...My character's name is Wilowsong, not Willowsong. Sorry for the confusion! :(
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You're level 91, so all the gear you have that is level 80 or less needs to be updated. You have a level 51 (!) earring that Has To Go. Your staff is level 70 and likewise is ineffective.

None of your gear has adorns. Try to get a level-appropriate adorn in every slot. You can't equip an adorn that has has a level higher than that of the piece of equipment it goes into. Many adorns come in various strengths: Lesser, Greater, and Superior. Which strength you get will depend on your budget. I try to have all my toons craft to their current level, including adorning and tinkering, which makes good quality adorns less costly since you're making them yourself. Of course, some can be bought on the broker, but the costs are higher. Some suggestions:

There are also red and yellow runes for T10 gear, if that gear has a red or yellow rune slot. I seem to recall that we bought many of these from the faction vendors in Velious. These have the tasty stats such as boosts to Potency, Crit Chance, Crit Bonus, Health, reducing Resistability, Hate Reduction, etc.

You also need to use much better food and drink. In general, you want food and drink that is one tier higher than you are. I recommend:

9. Wilowsong Active Member

Thank you for your reply! :)
    I believe Dread Essence is better than Sulfur Tepache because it gives more health.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's a level 1 drink. Potency is king. Better gear will take care of the health, and the adorns with boosts to all primary stats will take care of STA. And the % Max Health is nowhere near as useful than the big STA boost on the level 100 drink. Your hitpoints come from Stamina as well as Health.