LFG that supports char playing lite-magic type

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by BlueMistNuruodo, May 16, 2018.

1. BlueMistNuruodo New Member

Hello guild recruiters,

I am about to play EQ2 for the first time; I have played many other MMORPGs. I am about to create a character that is a no magic/lite-magic type of character. I am okay with health-regen, but not fireballs, for example. This is for personal reasons. Is there a guild out there that will support me? I am considering a few different types of characters. I am leaning more towards a swashbuckler. I am also looking for a group that uses clean language too. I will be online refreshing this page often for now while I look for a good guild before I start building my character. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Blue
  2. BlueMistNuruodo New Member

I don't know how to meet those requirements. I am just starting the game. I ended up making a halfling swashbuckler in the Antonia Bayle server. I could always restart to another server, but I still would need to know how to meet the requirements. Right now, my character is a level 7 halfling swashie, level 2 artisan, that is currently in Frostfang Sea. I would love to join a wholesome non-swearing Christan guild. Raiding is fun. Lots of chatting is fun. However, I don't have a set time of when I will be logging into the game. I am thinking between 30 minutes to 2 hours daily or close to daily. Perhaps I can get into a schedule, but I don't have one yet. Thanks for the invite Sounson. My character's name is Blueworm by the way, the smallest halfling you'll meet who will worm his way in and out of trouble.
  3. oldskool Active Member

If u don't want magic maybe a sci fi game is a better fit.

Starting with EQ2 you'll want a scout or warrior class because priests and mages are pretty much all magic.

Guardians and monks are the least magic warriors. All the scouts should be ok but using song or music to kill dragons sounds pretty magical to me.

EQ2, once your get to level 30 or so, had way too many spells/abilities IMO. It should be easy for you to decide on a spell/combat art basis if something is magical. When u remove those from your toolbars you should still have enough abilities to survive.

Also, generally speaking, EQ2 is easy mode when leveling. Characters are way over powered. Restricting yourself in this way might add a bit of challenge to what would otherwise be wack a mole with a better backstory.
  4. BlueMistNuruodo New Member

Sounds great! I do like a challenge.
  5. BlueMistNuruodo New Member

I have been told AB server is toxic and not good for new players. I am willing to move my character or start a new character to another server. Any guilds in another server that would welcome me? I am looking for a chatty, large group where there are usually people on throughout the week. Family friendly type of group.
  6. Speed Member

Try Maj'Dul. There are plenty of players and lots of guilds you could join. Once you get in game, it's much easier to search for guilds than using the forums.
  7. BlueMistNuruodo New Member

I was good with oldskool's response and was trying to tell Thulsadoom that. I didn't care much for Thulsadoom's post.

I might check out Maj'Dul too.
    P-Fist likes this.
  8. Tankbabe New Member

I would suggest a monk. A former guildy played his for two whole days before he was trolling other tanks about how uber he was with one spell! Dragonfire ftw