LFG Chat Channel Problem

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Rhodris, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I have recently (as in last few days) had a problem where I cannot disable the chat channel 'LFG'. All the other check boxes are unticked and stay unticked in chat options on all characters, but no matter how many times I untick the LFG channel, every time I log in it is ticked again for this channel. When unticking it, I do not get a message in the chat window to say that "You have left channel LFG (#)", so something is not recognising the action of unticking the check box.

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to resolve it? If so, would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Server is Thurgadin - I haven't checked characters on any other servers as yet.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I manage my chat channels directly in the uisettings. (Make a copy if you have not done this before, so you can restore if needed.)
    1. Locate the correct uisettings file for your toon.
    2. Right-click and choose edit.
    3. Go all the way to the end, and locate ChatChannels.
    4. Delete the line with channel name LFG, and make sure there are no empty lines in this section.
    5. Update Channel index numbers so they are consecutive.
    6. Save the uisettings file.
    Soara2, Dude, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Thanks, Rosy - appreciate the quick reply.

Going to have a look at it now and see if I can get it to work.

Edit: That worked perfectly, Rosy - thank you so much!
    Soara2, Dude, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Thank you very much Rosyposy, I'm also going to try to do it. This is a long-standing problem that, need to admit, was annoying. And it looks better than what support suggested me (with all my due esteem). And thank you Rhodris for asking here about this :)
    Soara2, Dude, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  5. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

If you use DarqUI and you don't want to edit the files by hand, you can add/remove/reorder chat channels using the utility app.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Thanks for your suggestion - no, I don't use DarqUI, just the EQ2 default.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  7. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

And I. Thanks again Rhodris, instruction from Rosyposy are great. DBG is just must to give her something good! :)
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I learned how to do it from @Sigrdrifa, several years ago. ;-)
    Cyrrena, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  9. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Sigrdrifa? Well, then DBG must fulfill one her wishes for this game, which has not been carried out during these several years, not contrary to interests of other players. Say, to make the exception of their usual rule (introducing change that someone will definitely not like). Ty Sigrdrifa and ty Rosyposy
    :)
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.