Leveling up very slow

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Dimdau, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Dimdau Active Member

Defiler LVL 100 At Maj'dul server AA 344 with Plans of Profecy expansion

I stopped to play with this character for a time while I started a new one, but now that I came back, I noticed it level very slow, even being a member. Sure I know how higher level slower it is to level but its really impossible to do keep playing with this. After play about 2 hours in Tranquility sea with this its showing Adventure experience 40,663/139,986,000 (0,0%).
    What am I missing? Any trick?

Ty in advance
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Go to Plane of Magic and do the signature line. That's the only reasonable way to level after 100.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Celan Active Member

The amount of experience needed to level from 100 onwards is way way way (did I say "way" yet?) higher than at the levels below 100. Anything but doing quests in the Planes of Prophesy expansion won't get you anywhere. So if you want to level, go to Planes of Magic and quest there.
  4. Dilon Active Member

Both replies made the point but I will make it a third time. There's only one way to progress from level 100 to 110 and that is to do the signature questline in PoP. If you are not 110 by the end of the the faction quests will get you there. No other zone, quest, or enemy will level you up.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Outside of Dude's advice, I'd mention two things: check your vitality, because if it's at zero, leveling will be abysmal. Secondly, if you're just running around killing mobs, stop. Do quests to raise your levels. And I'll emphasize what Dude said. Do PoP. Zone in, grab free equipment box from the guy standing there. And after you start...keep a tight eye on your vitality. Raising your ascension levels is going to be a somewhat different process.
    Cyrrena and Finora like this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

You "can" level doing daily/weekly quests and such in the more recent zones (Kunark Ascending stuff) but it will still be FAR slower than just hopping into PoP and running through that signature line. Doing quests and killing stuff in any zone before KA is absolutely pointless if you goal is to level. Even KA stuff is stretching it.

That being said, if you run through the quests in PoP, the levels come pretty quickly.
  7. RadioactivE New Member

Greetings All,

I have leveled my Necromancer from 100 to 110 in Plane of Magic in less then 2 days, next leveled Defiler to 110 in about same time range. Working on my SK from 95 to 107(at this time) and I noticed 95 to 100 was the longest leveling times. So my advice: Concentrate on completing your quests asap, you should level no problem.
    Good Luck!
  8. Crazie New Member

I know this may seem silly.....but check and make certain your AA slider is set to zero experience. You would be surprised how many people come back to this game and fail to check the slider. It defaults to 50% when sub runs out.
    Good Hunting!
  9. Dimdau Active Member

oh ok ty everyone, I didnt think it was all tied to Plans of prophecy, Once we only could level up beyond 100 after that expansion, would be a bit as no sense any of the others places (Vespyr isle, Kunark, Thalumbra, etc) I mean play on any of them wont give anything as its done... shrugs. But ty for all of you that sure helped a lot :DDDD
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Think of the leveling curve from 100-110 as hitting an almost vertical wall with about a 5-10% slope ….so you are running across your horizontal plane, you ding to 100 and then you have to go almost vertically to level after that.

______/

*giggles* Sorry, I am no good at drawing pictures on these forums, but the above one is pretty close.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  11. Dimdau Active Member

Woow, I see as it goes, will be still worse. Wonder when it gt to LVL 150 lol. But seriously I still dont get the sense of have those older expansions as (Vespyr Isle, Thalubra, and Kunark apart some dungeons where you only can get in after lvl 100), they are no sense, we could not level up there once the max level was 100 and now that we can they dont do it, because only Plans of prophecy places level up on decent time. I know the game is not only about level up the adventure side, but still, its important see we are improving it in some way. So, on my view, those older places are senseless.... Sorry if some one does not agree, maybe i'm missing something there.