Leveling Transmuting

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-opteius, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Thantoes@Nektulos wrote:
    Tinkering use to have a bottom cap of about 2-3% chance. I think it was changed sometime around GU 33-34 ?
  2. ARCHIVED-Gromph Guest

Eggs@Permafrost wrote:
    You can level up transmuting with no cash out, but it will take you around 280 game hours. This is not necessarely the best way to do it. For instance, if you have a high level toon it might be faster to farm mobs for gold and buy transmutable stuff on the broker (yielding the same net cost in terms of in-game currency).
  3. ARCHIVED-S1lence Guest

I am getting a lot of agreement with my fellow players that the rare Xmute rate has been nerfed recently, anyone agree with this? Also... has anyone else lost a ton of plat when the server drops and doesnt save the items you recently transmuted in your bags? I'm getting tired of this it has happened 3 times in the last 2 days and I'm down about 10p
  4. ARCHIVED-Verky Guest

Calthine wrote:
    I have the same saved searches. Awesome tip.
  5. ARCHIVED-BoriKitty Guest

Anyone complaining in the 100+ range about transmuting levels should stop right now.. you haven't seen anythign yet.. I thought I was going to axe murder 20 nuns in tier 5.. tier 6 was about as bad.. but tier 7 mercifully was .. okay.. I'm terrified of tier 8.
  6. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

BoriKitty wrote:
    If you are using t1/t2 to grind .. then 100+ should all be about the same. Most people seem to do this. I find farming t1 stuff boring as hell. So I have slowly been leveling farmer characters with my transmuting skill. Level locking at various points for optimal farming a given tier. I spent a large amount of time in RoV and am about done with tOOLS and starting to look for a t6 farming area. I have spent maybe 1p and am around 230/350 ... I dont want to think about how much money I would have made selling all the items I have transmuted so far.