Leveling Question from a returning player.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Rolles, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Rolles New Member

Hello all, I just recently came back to the game (yesterday) after a long break. I have all the expansion including CoE. My toon is a level 90 Illusionist, and I was wondering... Where do I go to get started on the game again. I am sure my gear is not that great comparatively speaking. So basically any type of hints, or a "guide" type of response would be great, directing me on where to level my character from 90-95 and where to upgrade my gear to be able to kill said monsters/quests.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Astomee New Member

Depends, if you have quests left to complete in Sundered Frontier and Stonebrunt Highlands you might want to work your way up to level 91 there. With a Merc you should also be able to do much of Withered lands, which should get you to level 92. You need 92 for the Eidolon Jungle which is very rich in content and gets you some really substantial equipment upgrades. This should get you to 94.
    Feara likes this.
  3. Snowhaze Active Member

I'm fairly newly returned and a 90 coercer and have been leveling up by questing in DoV (Velious) mostly, Great Divide, Eastern Wastes and now Withered Lands, seeing some really nice gear upgrades in WL (not sure what you're gear looks like, but if you have a hard time in WL, I would probably try out G D or EW first). At 92, as mentioned above, I plan on hitting the new CoE expansion, starting with the major quest line that opens everything up.
    Feara likes this.
  4. Rolles New Member

Ah okay, perfect! Thanks for the replies.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

If you haven't got 280AA you need that to progress to 91+

As you got CoE you have 2 potions that will give you the 280AA.

As is said already, WL will give you super gear compared to previous zones. Once 92, CoE will continue that trend.

Xp wise, the fastest way is grouping in skyshrine, off the withered lands (WL)
    Feara likes this.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

WL quests have more beef to them imo than Edilon or Obol (Unless you LOVE the signature solo-line, still sad they didn't make really any Heroic quests like the Repeatables ie. Dominence/Daily Shard Mission)