Leveling Alts - HELP

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kelesia, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Kelesia New Member

All right. So I'm one of those, I think the devs screwed the players over lower level characters with this getting rid of bonus XP thing. So I need help.

HOW do I level post 90 characters in a time efficient and effective manner? I have about 3-4 hours a day I play. And I would love to have my alts 100. So far agnostics seem to be the way to go sub 95. I hit 95 and teh XP dropped like a rock. Agnostics give about 500 xp a kill. So I took her over to Skyshrine. Which is about 1200 xp a kill. So I am considering Brokenskull Bay or HKC boxing my SK who is in twark gear on my secondary account. Haven't tried it yet, but I imagine the numbers will be comparable.

I thought the purpose of it taking like 7 million xp to get from 94 to 100 was due to the high XP values in the contested zones. Since the XP has been nerfed and it takes FOREVER to level as a casual player, something needs to give. IDEAS (because ******** without suggestions is 'overly negative')

- UP mission xp
    - Add in more quests
    - Change daily quests in past zones (AoM and back) from daily to every 90 minutes
    - Add in a mechanic similiar to the new KA bonus xp for killing the final named in an instance
    - SERIOUSLY up agnostic instance xp
    - Add back in the bonus xp modifier sub 100 please.
    - Re-evaluate the ridiculousness of like 7 million xp to level post 94 to 100
    - Offer a token that instead of levelling you to 95 levels you to 100 (the pay to win and least popular option)

And while you are at it, can you PLEASE make it so that post 95 in an agnostic you actually DO get loot? I wouldn't care what it was, but anything would be nice. Empty boxes are sad.

If anyone has any other ideas, suggestions, help, hugs, whatever, please tell me because I have a lot of alts I'd like to level. Just to try out other classes for the most part, or because they are rp characters. I've paid close to 280.00 over the years just to have my multitude of alts. Stop punishing me for them, please, and help me make them viable.
    Amarillya and Prissetta like this.
  2. Nath New Member

Yes. I have ran into this as well and the exp is just so damned painful when trying to get my alts up there in levels. This post exp nerf is just a big bag of sad all around.
  3. Hobbes New Member

I would like to see the Nerfing revoked and the exp bonus restored to the sub 100 group. I mean yeah, I like to take my time with most things I enjoy but I don't enjoy being FORCED to take a lot of time. I like running the agnostics but since the exp nerf bat was swung this last time, I have only bothered to do it maybe 4 times. For all the years I have been a subscriber to this game, it feels like they are just spitting in my face.
    Prissetta and Meneltel like this.
  4. Kethryl Active Member

I'm a little frustrated in the way they handled the bonus XP. Why couldn't they put in an algorithm that awarded bonus XP based on what content was relevant for a given character? For example, if my character is 80, then TSO content should give me bonus XP. If I'm 85, then SF. If I'm 90, then DoV.
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. santargria Well-Known Member

Normally I'm an easy going player when it comes to certain nerfs - but this nerf has bothered me tremendously

I've stopped playing and watch the forums hoping they will undo this ridiculous nerf that has caused me to not play my alts!

Devs, you really need to show us you are better than this - nerfing alts and areas is not the answer to your issue.

Rethink this nerf and fix it quickly!
    DoomDrake and Prissetta like this.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

Normally I'm an easy going player when it comes to certain nerfs - but this nerf has bothered me tremendously

I've stopped playing and watch the forums hoping they will undo this ridiculous nerf that has caused me to not play my alts!

Devs, you really need to show us you are better than this - nerfing alts and areas is not the answer to your issue.

Rethink this nerf and fix it quickly!
    DoomDrake, Prissetta and Meneltel like this.
  7. AB guy New Member

I'm an altaholic too:p

I do have a main Pally but I like to play a mixture of other classes from time to time as well. The downside of this play style is the alts inevitably get left behind level-wise (and to an extent gear wise but guildies help me there) so I'm always looking for quick/dirty level catch ups. I used to do the agnostic dungeon thing but coming back to try recently I found the exp wasn't what I remembered and certainly not post 95.

So I hunted around and found that Tranquil Sea line 96-99 3 ciity/guild writs were good for me. This maybe a function of my account age and numbers of already 100 level characters and a surfeit of exp pots (ok perhaps that's too many exclusions :)) but I was getting about 15% per 3 writ run between 96 and 97. With a merc up I wasn't even trying to hit mobs but just running patterns through them. 3x10 mobs in close proximity meant it only took me about 5 mins to get 15% exp.

At 98-99 it took a little longer because exp dropped off to maybe 4% per "camp" plus it was another island across but that's still 12 odd percent for another 5 mins of dino bashing and you can plant a flag to cut out 50% of the travel. As per the 96-97 camps 2 of the 3 sets of mobs were auto aggro anyway so I tended not to even look up as I "hoovered" around to get my 10 mob requirement.

FWIW there may be some kind of bug with exp doing this because I noticed some weirdness with the amounts I was getting from time to time but I've used these writs just to get old/unused alts up to level 100. It's mindless stuff and not really what I'd recommend for anyone who wants to have any kind of fun but neither is doing the same signature quest-line 6-7 times over. No one else seemed to be competing for the mobs and their re-spawn rate is incredible anyway so it allowed me to self-boost a bunch of very old alts to 100 in just a few hours.
    santargria and Billzbub like this.
  8. semisus Does not play this game

I do enjoy the extra xp in KA but running solos for ascension xp and the tithe they provide gets old fast , i really wish we could get xp in a second ascension if for example i was doing some experts in the evening or raids
    I wish you had just upped the xp KA and left the old zones as they where with a ability to spawn your own contested old zone,
  9. Amarillya New Member

I think Kel's ideas are well thought out solutions. Any of them except the pay to win one would work. Any combination of them would make for happier players. I think the happiest would be the reverse of the nerf for anyone under 100. And then next popular would be letting them get a big bonus at the end of the agnostic zone, or for the modifier to be granted in, or for there to be a big mission payout with the draconic etyma.

Or maybe let us trade in those useless etyma's for filled xp vials? So you have completed 10 agnostics, and now have 80 etyma. Would you like to trade it in for an xp potion or a 100k xp filled xp vial?
  10. Xerikton Active Member

if you plan on getting your epic 2 you might as well do the quests and content NOW for exp before they are grey.

you might just want to run through the level appropriate zones and do said quests too. that is how faction is easily leveled.

the game never was designed to be spent in a contested zone running in circles killing mindlessly to level up. this is something that has evolved over the last few years from mostly newer players. granted back in the day a guild would level up a toon sorely needed for a raid via mentor and such but was rare and as you are finding out boring. it also didn't work out when the zone is heavy populated either. there was nothing to kill then as there is nothing now.

the major issue about reverting the old contested zones exp back is this. any zone a level 100 can get exp on will be filled by tithe/ ascension exp farmers. there would be nothing for you to kill unless they grouped with you which would be rare. this problem was in place before the ka expansion. ka had little to do with hhk and skyshrine being farmed 24/7. only now people wont leave once 350 aa's are obtained or level 100.

personally I wished they just left things alone and only gave ka zones the much needed extra experience but they didn't. i now get my daily 3 mil ascension exp in 30mins from ka zones. this allows me to work on an alts epic 2 and ascension.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

If you play alts, you aren't the type of customer they want right now.
    Livx likes this.
  12. Livx Member

yep and I don't bother anymore.

[IMG]
    Cuelaen, DoomDrake and Meneltel like this.
  13. FracasKrusher Active Member

If DBG reverses the XP nerf,

it makes them look weak and cowing down to the players...

so will not happen,

even tho it would be a company tailoring their product more to their customer needs and wants.
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

2 things
    a) nerf with exp IS suck no doubt
    b) the way now exp gain is different - you no longer gaining any visible exp by killing staff but you gaining exp by completing quests in some places it did not changed in some places you actually got boost
    So here is my advice of moving along from 95 to 100 (providing you already used 1 time token to create 1 level 100 char ... because I have not ;D)
    First of all - do AoM time line (you will have to do it anyway for Epic 2.0)
    Do all daily/weekly for AoM
    Do all timed quests (like climbing rock or stomping spiderlings) - yeah they may be not giving you a lot but they fast and give decent exp
    By time you done you should be around level 98.
    Now is the hard piece. I'd suggest at 98 check all you epic pre-req and do them and keep doing daily/weekly in AoM
    This is now the only way to level alt in reasonable time
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Kelesia New Member

Doom Drake, thank you for your help, I'll try your suggestions.

My biggest wish is that they reverse the nerf for anyone 99 and under. If tithe was the issue, i get more tithe doing toe AoM line
    santargria and DoomDrake like this.
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

@Kelesia - aren't we all? :D I wish they rather block 95+ chars from entering agnostics but restored former speed of exp grind in say Stigians (I leveled my beast lord between 1 to 60 literally 1 level per minute)
    santargria and Prissetta like this.
  17. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

You realize that you are the reason they broke it?
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

nah not really but I still won't pay for "heroic" chars anyway ... I still have my level 100 instant level token waiting till new flavor of new x-pack going to be born than I will use it :D
  19. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I still have my level 100 token as well. But I already have 29 level 100s, but with the current alt-hate, that hardly matters.
    Jrox and DoomDrake like this.
  20. Elinea Well-Known Member

All they really had to do to fix things was to nerf the experience gain for any max level toons, and leave the exp gain bonuses for the zones alone. Then alts could still level to 100 without draining their souls, and people already level 100 could do the current content (although to be fair, 100 toons should be able to get their normal experience gains in zones that were created for level 100 toons...so Altar of Malice and up).

Although seriously, when customers are paying for a game, why take things away from them? That's a concept I never understood. A lot of the recent content was made for "members only" so only those paying subs can access it. They've been phasing out free-to-play for a while now, so taking things away has been more of a punishment than anything else. Take away the dungeon makers (after people paid for them!), nerf agnostics, nerf experience in Skyshrine, now nerf experience everywhere but current content? Make faction grinds on epic prereqs so rough that people cry real life tears. Why are they trying to make things so painful?
  21. Jrox Well-Known Member

I was actually considering a Ranger yesterday. I mulled it over seriously for about 2 hours even talking to a few guildies. Wanted to play it and see if I would enjoy it then realized just that!!! What in the world would I do if I really liked it, I just don't know if I really want to go through everything entailed to get him to current content lol. Admittedly I am not one for the old stuff for too long. Not that I want the rewards, I've just done it so many times I prefer more current content.