Leveling A Familiar

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by NyteRose, Apr 13, 2018.

1. NyteRose Member

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I searched the forum and couldn't find the info I'm looking for. My fury (lvl 33) has a thalumbra leafhopper familiar and did a quest to get another one. She could only add it to her collection since she didn't have it, but how do you level familiars? My account is up to AoM and highest character is lvl 33.
  2. redindus Active Member

I would like to know too, guess doing quests and killing mobs for xps doesn't do the trick.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

only Season 3 familiers can be transfered in familier XP via "examine" -> "Add to active familer"
    Season 1+2 (and these are the most common ones) can only be added to the collection or sold for 1 silver (or any small amount of coins)
  4. NyteRose Member

Oh okay thank you very much :)
    Are the familiars you're rewarded for completing the quests random? Or do the rewards correspond to the type of creature trapped? ie bear familiar for trapping bears etc?
  5. Evilnok Active Member

it's best to use the familiars for xp to level your familiar from ones the have already been added to collection,so any new ones that aren't added yet to your collection add em first before using them when doing the daily again and if get the same one over and over use em for XP...it's what I do
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No, the cage you get from trapping the creatures for the daily familiar quest is not an indicator of what familiar you will receive.
    Kalika likes this.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

How do ou feed a famiiliar with another, i thought it was a joke but it seems true. Can you feed a familliar in the collectionwith another one inside too or is too late if you added it ?
  8. Evilnok Active Member

to level up the familiar you currently have summoned...for example if you already have a mighty spotted pig in the collection list of char window and get another from the daily...instead of add to collection,click the examine option for a pop up window to feed it to the familiar that is by your side
    Niklaus likes this.
  9. Evilnok Active Member

if they are the same one you have already gotten...just do the examine choice instead to feed it and train it by giving XP to them
    Niklaus likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

And you can feed the pig to any other familiar, it just seems that you get better experience feeding the like familiar, ie a pig to a pig, cannibalism at its finest!
  11. alliekats Member

I have a familier that I have lvled from 1 to 5, but I cannot tell if the stats have changed any. It just says lvl 5 familier bonuses. what has changed please.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Make sure your familiar is summoned and visible. When you right-click on it, you have an option, "Get Experience Info".
  13. alliekats Member

I know that part, that's how I got to the point that it says level 5 bonuses
    Dude likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Ah! Go to your Character window, click Familiar, find the familiar in question, then right-click and Examine. The Examine window shows the bonuses.
  15. alliekats Member

How high can you lvl your familiers. Mine is lvl 5 and the higher the lvl, the higher their stats will be.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Doing Familiars Wild as close to daily as I could, I leveled 4 of the Season 3 familiars to level 5, so I am guessing that may be their max level at this time.