leveling a BL warder

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by ConcealFate, Mar 23, 2020.

1. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

just rolled a BL and leveled it to 62. I am currently working on leveling a dire chronoed to lvl 60. Am i correct in the assumption that the leveling increments go up per encounter as opposed to the level of the mob? The mobs im fighting are conning orange and yellow and i get the message "your affinity with your warder has increased!" after most encounters, regardless of level. Seeing that there is no way to get % of xp towards next level, im going by that. (at least i thought this was the case)

Im sending the warder in to attack first to get agro, using a merc on passive to heal/cure and I join the warder on attacking after he has agro.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

(and yes, i have read the guide on wire, just looking for additional ideas)
  2. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I haven't played BL enough to know for sure but I do remember something about you have to cast your primals to level the warder.

This is easier if you're fighting something that doesn't die quickly, so you develop more savagery.

Yes I think it's per encounter, not per individual mob.

Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in with details. This may be current or out of date, not sure: https://eq2wire.com/2011/12/07/beastlords-frequently-asked-questions/
  3. Balcerak Well-Known Member

You get the 'your affinity' message if you allow your warder to find a weakness and you then use one of your advantages before you kill the mob. (I think the eq2wire article says primals instead of advantages, which is incorrect unless things have changed in the past 5 years). As long as it isn't grey to you I think the mob level makes no difference to the amount of warder 'exp' gained. I used spiritual stance which gave my warder time to find a weakness and me to use an advantage before I (or the warder) killed some of the weaker mobs so they would live long enough to work.

So try just letting your warder find a weakness, you use an advantage and then without using a primal kill the mob and see if you get the affinity message. If you don't, they changed the mechanic at some point (let us know!). But if you do you should always get that message using that method.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

This was true in the past, but don't know if it's changed, but being in Spiritual stance seemed to yield better and faster results than feral for leveling warders. Best of luck!
    Semperfifofum and Balcerak like this.
  5. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Of course once you try that test, and if it works, you can freely add a primal at the end to kill things as needed.
  6. Treiko Active Member

I play my bst on and off... I have a few pets lvl'd to GM6.... I used agnostics. Run in spiritual, gather up a ton, make pet do all the work and spam ward advantage/primal. It's the best method I found, though the last time I did it was a couple months ago, so hopefully it still works. Took a few hours per pet to get them lvld as long as I stayed focused. out of my 7 pets, 5 are 6... obviously I still have a ways to go lol.
    Semperfifofum and Breanna like this.
  7. Sniper Member

I have found the best for me is mentor down to one of the contested dungeons, get in spiritual and pop a good movie on and run around spamming your one ward spell I have seen em go from journey to gm in about 3 hours per if u r only one in zone
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  8. Tajar Well-Known Member

I just played as normal with a pet that needed levelled out. Usually a couple of days per warder just doing heroics and stuff. That was in AoM days though