Level Requirement for Entering Champions Respite

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Ladymist, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Ladymist Well-Known Member

More people can sometimes mean more lag, it also can send you to CR2
    More and more newbies are appearing in CR and hanging out there all day, some spamming for friends ect.

Battlegrounds is 30+ to participate, please make a zone in level requirement for Champions Respite to level 30+ so we don't have all these lil guys crowding us out
  2. Colm Active Member

The gear starts at lvl 10 and progresses through each tier. Which would be one reason to allow lowbies to enter into Champion's respite.

The only time i have lag is from initially zoning into the giant mess of people. And that's about it, you can just move you know, and if you're still lagging, face a wall. Or hide mounts from view.

That's one dude.. just ignore him.
  3. Ladymist Well-Known Member

The folks under level 30 I see hanging out in there from PVE servers do not have any business being there and theres plenty of them

the level 10 is for PVP server nagafen, those usually pop in just to get their gear and move on
  4. LordVeredeth Active Member

Can you not buy the lvl 10 gear on PvE servers?
  5. Cynicisim Active Member

I do not have lag and what does it matter as CR is so boring. I would rather see lvl 10s taking an interest in pvp than not. Don't hate on lvl 10 because they may grow up to be pvp lvl 95s. Perhaps they are inspecting others to see what they need for pvp.

Anyway, not a big fan saying someone does not belong somewhere in the game just because they are not a certain lvl.
  6. Colm Active Member

Well last time i checked, there weren't any rules in Everquest II against loitering anywhere. And yes, most people that would be getting the lower tiers of armor would be doing so for PVP on Nagafen. However, i've used the lower tiers on my alts when i wanted to level them up solo (it makes for decent gear, better than being naked).

And frankly, the idea of restricting access to Champion's Respite because you're having lag issues, is kind of dumb.
  7. Ladymist Well-Known Member

why would you buy pvp gear as a level 10 on the pve server? since you cant even pvp until level 30
  8. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I do not have lag issues in battlegrounds, however i hear people complaining about it. also it is just one of the examples of why I feel loitering by people from pve servers who cant even use battlegrounds is unnecessary. Also it only takes a few moments to look at the merchants there to see what gear they will be buying. standing all day everyday in cr as a lvl 12 from a pve server is helpful how again? oh thats right they are studying the gear on players that they will be buying off the merchant when they eventually decide to level up to 30
  9. Colm Active Member

Refer to my previous statement..

I don't know why you're still arguing such a pointless topic. It's not hurting anyone, and those that it is"hurting" can probably find a way to fix their issues, but probably don't know how to and just complain about it. Seriously, if people want to stand somewhere all day long, good for them, it's no skin off my back. Do you complain about the people that can BG, but sit in the Champion's Respite all-day long? I bet not, but if they're just sitting there doing nothing, they're taking up just as much, if not more space than the lowbies, since they probably have mounts/app gear that needs to be loaded when you zone in. But you aren't complaining about them. They'd be a bigger source of lag, than any lowbie sitting around in the Respite. Man, they're just so much more helpful than the lowbies. They aren't doing anything there, and they're just AFK, so really what's the big difference between them and the lowbies? So what, they can't BG, that's the only difference. And what a small difference it is.

TBH it's kind of funny that you're trying to blame the lowbies. Because there are just hoards of them chilling it the Respite all the time (note the subtle hint of sarcasm). Ohh, and lets not forget about the loads of chat spam from them. The only "spam" I ever see from any lowbies in the Respite is something along the lines of "Hey where am I? What is this place? How do i zone out?" that's about the extent of the "spam" I see.
  10. Ladymist Well-Known Member

if i complained about the people who actually participate in battlegrounds and sat afk all day you would say they have a right to be there because they do bg. But that thought never crossed my mind because they do bg all day and take little breaks

Also these people who afk as bg'rs and the correct level I only see doing bg's this is what they do. Makes no sense you would be ok with people who cant bg hanging out all day there but would be against people who can and are hanging out afk lol
  11. Colm Active Member

My point was:
    Everyone has a right to be there. There are still people that are of level and AFK in CR all day, and they're wasting just as much space, so i don't see why you're specifically targeting lowbies- which would be the minority of AFKers. What a joke. NOT everyone BGs constantly, with little breaks, else you'd pretty much see the CR empty for the most part, except in-between queues, but that's not the case.

Seriously, this just looks like a failed attempt to use the lowbies as a scapegoat, for such a pointless matter.

I'm not the one against anyone AFKing in the CR, that's what i'm trying to get you to understand (to no avail i see). My point was to show you how stupid it is for you to be telling them to limit who can enter the CR based on their level (for such a trivial reason), and that you're trying to limit the minority, when it's more obvious that the majority would be the larger source of lag.
  12. Ladymist Well-Known Member

yeah well the majority of people who Actually bg and are proper level afking in little spurts through out the day are a whopping 3 ppl. Your makng it sound like its a ton lol. if this topic is so pointless to you, then maybe you shoulnt be argueing a simple suggestion I was making

I am just noticing a lot more pve lowbies "not getting lost in there" but actually hanging out in there day after day instead of leveling so they can actually participate in battlegrounds. also they too have mounts and appearence gear. the gear and mounts are for lvl 1 and up from sc store

So i will agree to disagree with you that they belong in a zone they can do nothing in which can cause us to A lag or B go to CR2 among other things.

thankyou for your viewpoint on my suggestion
  13. Colm Active Member

Yes.. because in all of BGs its only 3 people that go afk in the Respite. Ever. As i said before, if no one AFK'd in the Respite (which many people do), then the Respite would usually be empty.. It's not.

I'm saying it's pointless because your suggestion is pointless. Why fix what isn't wrong? If the game was intended to have a level restriction on the zone-in, there would be, but clearly they didn't see a need to. And frankly, i don't either.

Do you seriously believe that the few lowbies (if any at all) are the root of the problem? What a joke.

Removing lowbie access won't accomplish anything. It's like going to the beach and taking a few grains of sand.. it accomplishes nothing - That's why its so pointless.

Also, as i've said before, they can buy gear.. man that really sounds like nothing at all. Silly me. I don't care care if they stand there all day, does it seriously bug you that much that someone AFKs somewhere all day? Really? It must be horrible for you.

Honestly, i'm tempted to waste $10 to make a toon and park him in the CR all day long. Hell, we'll throw a lowbie party in there.
  14. LordVeredeth Active Member

I actually sorta lol'd @ this.