Level/Rank Mounts

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Saints, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Saints Member

I have mounts of all different types and all different level requirements, and starting to notice some have lots of stats and attributes, some have few, and some just don't really have any. I'm so confused with mount training, and now with all these dragon drops, I just don't even know what to do. So a boatload of questions, some may overlap a bit depending on the answer.

1. What is the general practice of actually leveling and equipping a mount? I'm assuming just pick one and stick with it then only change appearance?

2.Which mount is 'stronger' or 'better' (Wondering if level factors in, or is it just rarity type), -OR- do they all end up with the same final stats?
    I'm a bit confused. I have a few of the pre-order mounts, event mounts, etc:
    -Faeralith, The Obedient One (Level 100), Treasured
    -Flame Branded Steed (Level 1) Fabled

3. Which of these would I want to actually invest Training Ranks into, or is getting a higher level mount & rarity (Celestial) a better way to go?

4. I have the Mount Jumpstart Potion from the Celebration Bundle and the flavor text states: Charge a mount to level 10 with this potion. So is that the same as a Training Rank, or is this potion going to do something else?

5. Is there actually a guide or resource somewhere for this?
    I checked the wiki and did a search here but struggled to find anything.

Thanks!
    Caela likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Mount training ultimately just unlocks more and more gear slots to equip a mount with gear. That seems obvious.

You kinda have to look through the stats that you want. I know that Rosaurian, The Malevolent from an Altar of Malice raid zone has superior stats to the Twelfth Anniversary Celebration Mount because one increases basic stats by 5 and the other increases advanced stats by hundreds and 15,000 HP.

A fabled mount at level 1 isn't going to be more powerful than a common mount found in later expansions. It's the same principle as gear. Eventually, that handcrafted weapon from a level 100 weaponsmith will do more damage than the level 50 fabled you hang onto.

The potion will instantly raise your mount's level to 10, and unlock the gear that comes with it. A great time saver, as it would take weeks to get there otherwise.
    Breanna and Saints like this.
  3. Saints Member

This really helps put it in perspective, I was drastically over-complicating things. Thank you!