Level cap increase (120) and Summoners

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Azrael's Tear, Jul 2, 2019.

1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Maybe someone could get some information on discord about the future of summoner pets so people can decide if its worth working on upgrading your planeswalker on live servers the coming weeks.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Observing Active Member

None of the epic 2.0 pets for any class level past 110 in Blood of Luclin
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

But is that intended? in pop beta they didnt lvl at start either
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Nektar New Member

So I just came back to the game after many years of absence. I was 95 when I quit, and just recently bought the missing expansions and began working on my levels and learning new content...but I am several expansions behind in my knowledge. Now I'm 110, and this is the first I have seen about epic pets. Which questline do I start to go about getting these epic 2.0 pets? I'm guessing epic 2.0 questline, lol, but what's the name of it and where would I start? Thanks!
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. evilnome New Member

Soara2 likes this.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

What? !@$!_)!@# !@#!@ %)($)@#(!@# !@#!@)(#

If someone posts this issue in the /bug forums, you can count me in for an upvote. I'd hate for all the time / effort getting Epic 2.0 / leveled / etc - to just go in the crapper because someone forgot to click [x] Scales with level checkbox on the spell.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Tabri Well-Known Member

Im level 120 on beta and the epic pet still doesnt level past 110, there are 3 new pets a mage, scout,and tank like as it always was before and they all have new skins. Maybe they might be phasing the epic pet out but who knows, I personally would rather use the regular pets over the epic pet but I also didnt put a massive amount of work into the epic pet,I wasnt in game at the time it was put out, depending on the effort for it I guess I wouldnt want it gone either if I were.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Really, we're gonna have to level up, acquire the new pets, get them mastered or higher, and then test vs. the Planeswalker on a guild hall dummy to see what kind of DPS each provides /shrug.

A while back, conjies were using the tank pet at the low levels, then you used only the mage pet for damage. Then they fixed the long-broken scout pets and they became the Pet Flavor of the Month. Then Planeswalkers (also scouts) were even better. And every time they diddle with class balance, your pets become like a box a' chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get.

We'll end up using whatever is most effective. It's as simple as that.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

I only tested expert aery hunter on a challange named .. With Aery Hunter you will parse 25% about less than with Planeswalker

As long as Daybreak can not offer a free adjustable testing dummy with combat mitigation : Forget any Training dummy. parses are useless

But this is a thing for beta Forum.. Things are changing every patch ;)
    Soara2, Observing and Ashandra like this.
  10. Alarra Well-Known Member

You can get the monkey as a loyalty token reward which has the combat mit stuff apparently.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

Yes - ymmd … let the customer pay for finding Bugs (via DBC or loyality token)

As long as daybreak does not deliver an adjustable training dummy with the same resolve/mitigation values as real solo/heroic/heroic challange/raid bosses it's useless

We can't test/compare our pets for years exceppt on real nameds ..

I just say ADC or the new Firmament of Growth Effect which are not sharing (correct) to pets

* Increase the Fervor of Level 111 and above Profession abilities that deal elemental Damage by 15%
    Even if it would share to primary pets (which it does not) our epic 2.0 pets are still lv 110

But without reproduceable real testing dummies it's hard to make sure a rise from 400 Fervor to 415 does apply correct or check if the losses of doublecast are equalized with ABC (which will not happen)
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

Does this include the defiler /mystic dog?
  13. Bridge New Member

Mystics don't get the dog upgrade. That's defiler only
  14. semisus Does not play this game

So new pets gets fervor based on planewalker/reaper lvl?
    seriusly i have yet to test it but 25 fervor wont do much when we loose epic pets strikes
  15. Ashandra Well-Known Member

The class rune we got that increased ferv when we cast Sacrifice was more then that and it did absolutely nothing you couldn’t even measure it . Here’s to hoping the ferv is calculated diff on pet with this buff.
  16. Rebelde Active Member

No, defiler got a pet buff, same as coercer. That's why I can't understand it. Some classes have both epic 2.0 spells operative (mystic has a huge upgrade for one of its best spells, Bolster and its dps self buff still works) while others lose one of their epic 2.0 spells (pets). Someone said that conjis and necros get 3 new pets... and SK?
  17. Giga Member

I didn't know the Epic didn't scale until after I used my spell crates, which now I hate. I'd rather of used the two scrolls on pets than something else.
  18. semisus Does not play this game

Cant you just change it so instead of giving pet fervor based on epic spell level to epic pet strikes to new pets depending on epic spell level? this will make all the summoners happy and make us feel like we are going forward instead of backwards

After all it would make sense that since lvl 100 epic pets we summoners have now learned the special ability of epic pets and can give it to our others
  19. Arieva Well-Known Member

The epic strike should just be added to all pets 110+. Leave the fervor buff as the bonus for completing epic 2.0 because as we have seen it does next to no noticable damage increase in the grand scheme of things (unless its just broken and not working). The new pets dont have to benefit from all pet modifiers like the planeswalker ..just add the spell casts from reaper/planeswalker to at minimum the new scout pet. Then figure out how to boost the abilities that attribute to the summoner to make it so outside of our pet spells it actually matters what we cast when...
    Beee and semisus like this.