Level cap increase (120) and Summoners

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Azrael's Tear, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You really wouldn't want to do that. You can craft the Ascension Journeyman, Expert, and Grandmasters with fairly common materials. You need an Illegible Scroll Page for the Adept and Master, but these do drop and can be bought on the broker. Even, very rarely, Ancient Illegible Scroll Pages can be had.

So, you're really looking at researching from GM to Ancient, which isn't that bad.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

That was a good deflection, I have not played live in since ToV, so none of that means anything too me. I was just looking for a time frame of how long it takes to research all the way up from Expert, since that is where a uninformed novice would be starting.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It costs 49 Daybreak Cash per day of research time. You have to open your Knowledge book, go to the Upgrades tab, and look at the spell you want to research. It will show you the number of days and hours needed to research each spell to the next level. Multiply that by 0.49 to get $US cost.

The number of days depends on the level of the spell and the quality of the step being researched.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

I didn't ask anything about the cost of upgrading the spell, so thanks for more information I didn't ask about. I was just curious how many days of research for a max level spell from expert. But I must have missed Breanna's answer. (about 3 months)

I thought my question was obvious because I quoted you saying "with a little patience you can research the rest."
  5. Observing Active Member

Level 120
    Expert to Master: 47 days
    Master to Grandmaster: 60.33 days
    Grandmaster to Ancient: 60.33 days

(Each level up to expert: 30 days)
    Soara2 and Zenji like this.
  6. Avithax Well-Known Member

Ascensions are craftable with the dropped Illegible pages for Adept, Master, and extremely rare Ancient and Celestial. For many players who want to maximize their effectiveness it's either pay hundreds of millions of plat or pay cash (Myself not included).

Daybreak knows that there is a small amount of players who are willing to pay ungodly amounts of cash to build their toons. I've even heard of players transferring servers 2 times a day to shop on other brokers and it's not uncommon to hear of a player that max levels a familiar or mount the first day they get it.

The reason I said it's a cash grab is because these players are a more than significant source of profits and the game is somewhat modeled to cater to them. Daybreak would be crazy not to.
    Soara2 and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. Dolgrin Active Member

As always your faster typeing and than thinking.

Class and
    Ascension have a different behavior.
    Class spells: Craft Expert- > Craft GM-> Craft Ancient

Unless you have endless plat or endless luck you have to train GM to Ancient.

For example Monk: 26 x 60 days = 1560 days => 76440 DBC => 680$
    Either you train your spells more than 4 yrs or spend 680$

That stuff you call: isn't bad?
    dirgenoobforreal and Zenji like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I saw a post from DB that stated the level cap will only be 115 but that might have been a misprint
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's not a cash grab. It's naked exploitation of people with bigger wallets than brains, if you ask me. There are ALWAYS going to be people willing to spend that cash. If they have that kind of disposable income, more power to them, I guess.

The point I keep making is that, if you have even a shred of ability to endure delayed gratification, you can make these upgrades entirely via in-game methods, and even if you do want to spend money, it's only common sense to do the easy upgrades using the simple, low-cost in-game methods, and JUST pay for the upgrades that are more difficult to obtain, significantly reducing your cash outlay.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not all spells are worth upgrading at all. Every class has some spells that are useless or nearly so, and even some Ascension spells that you won't use.
    Soara2, Breanna and Kittybock like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You didn't read my answer thoroughly. There's not one fixed-in-stone answer, because the time and/or cost to max level a level 10 spell is different than the time and/or cost to max level a level 110 spell. And the time and/or cost for going from Apprentice to Journeyman is less than that of going from Grandmaster to Ancient.

I assume that most people can open the game, press K, go to the Updates tab, and look to see how many days are required to upgrade a spell in which they're interested. Then all you have to do is a little simple multiplication. I hope I am not overestimating people's abilities to perform these simple tasks.
  12. Laaw Well-Known Member

fortunately I don't think most of the dev's have studied Diffy-q, then research might be complicated :)
  13. Laaw Well-Known Member

I miss the 2 lvl's then 3 lvl's the 5 lvl's much more attainable and enjoyable
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

Obviously I wasn't asking how long it takes to research a level 10 spell, this thread was talking about max level characters and research costs / time. And you decided to tell the person if they have a little patience they don't have to spend any money.

I was very clear with what I asked, expert quality to max. You avoided answering the question, because you knew it directly contradicted your "a little patience" nonsense. But instead of answering my question you deflected and then later insulted me.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Please don't assign motives to me. As I said, you can't give a firm answer. It depends.
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

I didn't ask for a firm answer, you even quoted me saying "ballpark".

Expert to Max - ballpark time frame. For some one who plays live it should have been easy to answer. (which it was easy for others to reply and answer too, thank you to those who did)
  17. Raff Well-Known Member

It could also be easily looked up. But I'm not gonna do that for you since you apparently just want to argue. Besides..your question isn't really pertinent to game play in its' current incarnation.

How long does it take to level from Journeyman to GM? Only a few minutes if you know what you are doing.
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

What a helpful comment thanks! I don't know why anyone would ever be argumentative in a community with people like you and Sigrdrifa in it! :)
  19. Raff Well-Known Member

Neatly sidestepped. But your question still does not make any sense, ;)
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

actual the Planeswalker (Epic 2.0 Conjurer pet) does not level beyond 110
    Soara2 likes this.