Level 91-95 Crafting Writs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Putting this in a bit more detail than my /bug report.

Level 91 sage writs - asking for level 91 journeyman spells - looks good
    Level 93 sage writs - asking for level 92 journeyman spells - to follow progression, they can ask for 92 and 93 journeyman spells and likely "should" ask for one 92 and one 93 per writ. It is "ok" as-is, but not optimal when looking at future progression and writ levels vs recipe levels.
    Level 95 sage writs - asking for level 93 journeyman spells only. They should be asking for level 94-95 ones, NOT ones that "should" be covered by the 93 writs. (Examples: boon of the damned, vehemence, forest spirit, epiphany, aery hunter and nature's embrace are being requested by "Putting Pen to Paper" and "Putting Pen to Paper (Rush Order)").
    Elostirion likes this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

I have had the same experience with level 95 Jeweler writs. Only asks for level 93 items.

Tailor 95 writ is also sometimes asking for cloaks, which are level 93 recipes.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Level 93 alchemist rush order "Warrior Essentials (Rush Order)" - request for Bodyguard VIII (Journeyman) does NOT update when you create the proper CA. 7 tries netted me 7 rush orders that requested that spell but would not accept it ... writs cannot be completed.

Level 95 alchemist and jeweler writs are in the same boat as the level 95 sage writs - they are asking for level 93 spells instead of level 94/95 writs.

Again, level 93 alchemist and jeweler writs are only asking for level 92 items, when they should be asking for a mix of 92/93
    Elostirion likes this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Carpenter and woodworker writs also follow the 91/92/93 level recipes for 91/93/95 writs

Level 91 woodworker work order "Shielded Order" - asked for 120(!) swamp ash knotted club, instead of 6

Level 93 woodworker writs asking for wrong quantities all over the place (mostly ammo, but not totally). Unlike past tiers, where ammo combines yield 100, T10 ammo combines yield 200, so they have to ask for twice as many on the ammo as past titers of writs.

- Arrows for All (untimed work order) - asking for 600 sumac cudgel (600 combines?!), and 600 rhenium throwing axe. The cudgel should be 6, the rhenium throwing axe (and any other ammo types in the 90s) needs to be 1200 (to make 6 combines)

Arrows For All (Rush Order) - asking for 300 on the various ammo types, which is 1-1/2 combines. Needs to ask for 600 of each
    Elostirion likes this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The provisioner writs look good, yield-wise, but again, follow the 91/92/93 recipe pattern for 91/93/95 writs.

Not touching weaponsmith and armorer tonight. Will try to tackle tomorrow if someone else doesn't (I suspect WS *may* have issues if any of them ask for thrown weapons)
    Elostirion likes this.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The Weaponsmith issues, Rush Orders:

Only thing to note and see if you can adjust, is that Rhenium Falchion is a level 93 recipe and given with the level 95 "A Bit too Sharp" rush work order. The other 3 recipes for the 95 rush order writ are levels 94-95 as they should be.

Now the level 91 rush order only had 91 recipes, which is correct, however the level 93 ONLY had level 92 recipes, not a single 93 was given, that needs to be checked.

The Weaponsmith issues, NON-rush orders (regular tradeskill writs):

The level 95 tradeskill writs have zero 94 / 95 recipes, they are all level 93

The level 93 writs only had level 92 recipes, same as the rush order, this needs to be checked.

quantities are good for both regular and rush.
    Elostirion likes this.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Carpenter 95 orders had the level 93 recipes. Carpenter 93 writs had the same level.
    Elostirion likes this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just a reminder in case the usual way for writs to work:

Level 20-69 writs can grab every item from all the books in range used (with restrictions for X4-X9 sage writs that only use X4-X7 recipes)

Level 71-89 writs have all the same pattern: 4 items in the range of the writ can be asked for and 2 items per level can be asked for.
    Which gives us for, say, a level 73 writ: the writ will choose randomly from 2 level 72 recipes and 2 level 73 recipes.

The level 91 writ can only ask for level 91 items (and it should choose between 2 or 4)
    The level 93 writ should pick between 2 level 92 recipes and between 2 level 93 recipes to have 2 items to craft 3 times each.
    The level 95 writ should pick between 2 level 94 recipes and between 2 level 95 recipes.

At least, that is how it should work if any kind of pattern is supposed to be followed.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

I didn't get around to rechecking tailor & jeweler, but lvl 95 sage writs seem fixed to properly pull from lvl 94-95 recipes.

Quick fix!
  10. Catin of Runnyeye Member

The level 93 WoodWorker rush order "Arrows for All" also asks for the wrong muber of items. (300 Bo Staff)
    Well that was when I took the writ. Bugged it then I started writing this . I let the first writ expire while typing
    Now it works as expected! 3 Swamp Ash Bo Staff
    .Amazing!
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

95 Carpenter writs are fine now.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

I ran through some level 95 tailor writs & all of those also seem to be fine now, requesting the expected 94-95 items.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I did some spot-checking yesterday and things looked better after the patch. I'll check some more today!
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ran a couple of each type/level for Armorer and weaponsmith and they look good.

It helped me catch one purely cosmetic niggly, though - crafted rhenium and tungsten armor and weapon names are lower case for levels 91 and 92, and capitalized for 93+ ... it doesn't look odd until you get a writ that requires both 92 and 93 items. :) (Again, cosmetic, just mentioning it while it is uppermost in my mind)
    Finora likes this.
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Couldn't reproduce any of the pre-patch alchemist or woodworker issues.
    Jeweler looks good.
    Rechecking provi now before I have to run. (Looks like all other classes have been retested and/or are being tested now in HoT)
  16. Catin of Runnyeye Member

My Provisioner cannot make any tier 10 items. The progress bar fills at the first tick, but the make does not complete. There after appart form some movement in the durability bar nothing happens.
  17. Catin of Runnyeye Member

Tier 10 Provisoner writs appear to make Tier 10 items. As a result the consume vast quantites of resources, this may well be an issue when it comes to live, as the provisioner consumes resources required by other crafters, such as Matoppie roots. Soultion: Have Provisioners only make single itemswith each combine, if they want to make large quantites they can use mass production (after all they are level 90 at least so it can't be that hard to spec for it, even if a little leveling is required.)
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I think with mass production being around, we could certainly go back to recipes making 2 of an item. It's not like they would pick any other end line ability for their craft. :p

Then again, we do have two personal harvester npcs now. A provi just needs a little more prep time before doing writs.
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Erm, are you able to reproduce this? Are you using any custom UI that might need an update? Using a simple stove and keg that only completes the first progress bar? I'm not seeing this issue on my provi on Test, so not sure what's wrong there.

As for the suggestion on T10 food yields, that'd be a discussion that is best split off into the Tradeskill forum, I suspect, where discussion of the pros and cons can go on, independent of us trying to find any lingering writ bugs. (That's a lot of recipes to rewrite, among other things, to change ingredient quantities, yields, etc.)
  20. Catin of Runnyeye Member

Just reproduced the bug on Test while doing level 91 tradeskill writ "Midnight Harvest (Rush Order)" and making Small Raptor Steak. I am currently working In Gorowyn Tradeskill area, but also experienced the problem in our Gorowyn Guild Hall on an elaborate stove and keg. I cannot make small raptor steaks at all but I have made 100 Small Exotic Meat Flank on the same Stove and Keg in Gorowyn trade skill area.

I have reproduced the bug on the Small Exotic Meat Pie on the stove and keg in Thurgadin.

After the first round all four progress bars fill but bars 2, 3 and 4 are still labelled Unknown. However long you spend at the stove the make will not complete. If you don't use the reactive arts the progress and durability bars will decline but you can get both back up but the make will not complete.

I have a Screen shot of the fail condition if that will help. (I do not know how to paste it, Control V does not work.)

Current build of EQ2 is 9577T. I am using the default ui with no mods. My toon is a citizen of Freeport

I have just completed the Level 93 Writ "Mmm,Meat Pie (Rush order)", which I started in Gorowyn Tradeskill area and finished in the Guildhall. It seems to be a very specific problem.