Level 91 & 92 tradeskill recipe books

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tigress, Apr 22, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

Level 91 & 92 tradeskill recipe books.
    Distribution of these books was very poorly thought out. Ppl already have commented on the forums. First, the recipe books show up at the Crafting Trainer but you cannot use them nor can you buy them until you do the questline. After you do the questline, it's worthless bc you get the books from the questline.
    They are marked "no trade" instead of heirloom so you cannot pass them onto the alts. Not everybody has all 90/90s. We can't fly to the 3rd & 4th quests easily bc the "SKIES ARE NOT SAFE". In addition, for those of us who have more than 9 crafters, it is going to get super tedious. You need to make the recipe books heirloom.
  2. ARCHIVED-torri Guest

I took a level 70 Troubador/90 Woodworker through the series to get her books. With the simple knowledge of where to go, and the advanced strat of watching where I was riding I was able to ride overland from the zone in to the Stele where the second part of the quest series takes place without a single mob landing an attack. Even a quested newbie horse is fast enough to outrun any creature that may aggro, provided you do not ride right over it.
    I've already finished getting recipes for my 9 crafters. Many hardcore crafters had it done within hours of GU launch. There is tedium everywhere in the game. A few 4 minute rides back and forth after the first discovery is a fairly small timesink.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

didn't even know that there was such a thing as a "hardcore crafter". i'd be willing to bet that most ppl would disagree with you: the books should be heirloom and you should be able to unlock them for all classes, like it is for the OTHER levels. why did they even bother to make it purchaseable if you cannot buy it until you've done the questline and you get the books from the questline? clearly, very poorly thought out.

edit: most of my tradeskillers are not even close to 90. they will get one shotted in the zone as they fly across to finish teh questline. three times, i've flown across and all three times, i was attacked. those characters were level 90 so i could resist but a level 20 is just dead. that's not even considering the "THE SKIES ARE NOT SAFE" message that will ground them.
  4. ARCHIVED-torri Guest

There are hardcore players of any playstyle you can imagine. I know hardcore harvesters. Hardcore Broker players. Hardcore questers, Hardcore achievement chasers. YOu get the idea. I use the term as a complimentary one. Someone who's taken their interest in a style to the highest level.
    Maybe the books just shouldn't be for sale at all. As far as precedent goes, many recipes opened by quests or faction have allowed you to buy no trade books when introduced if I remember right. After the recipes were no longer current the restrictions on trading the books are relaxed.
    Don't fly. Because 70 may be too close to 92 for your taste, I just ran a 23 Brigand across WL and while I aggro's several mobs, mostly Treants and a couple of Satyrs plus a single panther. While aggroing these I simply outran them, never taking a single point of damage on a character with approx. 1500 HP, who would have been one-shotted by any mob in the zone. I did this on a claimed wolf from a DoV expansion purchase.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

i have one more 90 that i can bring across the zone to test it, i'll have them walk and see if they can avoid getting attacked. ty for the tip. that said, i still stand by what i said. they planned it very poorly.
    i didn't start playing until just before sentinel's fate. i have always been able to buy the recipes and share them to my alts. there was one tier that was missed; people complained, they fixed it. when DOV was released, the recipe books were heirloom at release. i did not bring all 14 crafters to do that questline in thurgadin; yet, they all have the recipes and that was within the first week or two of DOV's release.
  6. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

I did all the quests for all 7 crafters , it was a bit repetative , but I managed to run all of them through to the 2nd camp without dying once , I'm happy to be able to get the books 'free' without having to camp the broker for overpriced drops from adventurers.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

I'm an avid crafter and this is the first update/expansion where I haven't worked hard to get all, let alone any, of my toons to max tradeskill level. The quests are frightfully boring, and the way they've set up the recipe books.. there is ZERO benifit to being a level 91 or 92 crafter.
    I think we're supposed to be 'grateful' that we can scribe and use the recipes without having the tradeskill levels.. but it's like getting the level 91 and 92 combat arts, abilities, hit point and stat upgrades without having to get to level 91 or 92 adventure.. there's no benifit to levels 91 and 92 if they have exactly the same abilities as 90.. especially since there aren't even any writs for 90+ :(
  8. ARCHIVED-Liandra Guest

While having the books be heirloom would be nice you shouldnt have any problem with flying to the other end of the zone.
    Just equip some sort of falling speed reduction. When flying get to max height asap so if the dragon hits you can glide down to safety on the cliff walls above the mobs. In the first part of the zone in most cases you should be able to glide to one of the Stele camps. Even landing on top of one of the trees should be safe. then just wait for the rain to stop before continuing.
  9. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Tigress wrote:
    This is your only new crafting content until August. What's the rush?
  10. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Mermut wrote:
    Heck, I got to 92 by accident on Alchemist and Woodworker making poisons, potions and arrows for myself.
    Not sure why the rage though. From reading the forums you know that tradeskill content was an afterthought, probably when they realized "Oops, we leveled adventurers to 92 and no one can craft anything for them, we better toss something at tradeskilling to get them spells and consumables."
    Gaining something for what is preceived as little to no effort? Welcome to what many people have been complaining about for the last 2 years with EQ2 with regard to other spheres of the game
  11. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Cisteros@Crushbone wrote:
    I usually do it because it's fun and I like the recipes I get at the various levels. This time it's not fun.. and getting to level 91 and 92 tradeskiller gets you exactly... nothing.

I do agree with you though, it is pretty clear that the crafting portion of the GU was an afterthought. It was clear when the GU first hit test.
  12. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

It is possible to fly thru the area on a little adventure/L90 crafter toon. Just fly near trees and rocks, pay attention to the rain when it falls. When it does, land out of the way. Then continue after it's gone. This is what I did with my L25/L90 Provi.
    Thru the holgresh canyon can be a bit trickey, but they have such short aggro ranges it is possible. I accidentally flew right over and next to several of the tree branches and the flying ones but had no aggro. When I ran the adventure content, I had to almost land on top of them to get aggro. So it's somewhat safe if you just pay attention.
  13. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

Delete please - did not post properly. Next post says what I was trying to write.
  14. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

Tigress wrote:
    Fly high and close to edge where the mountains are. When you see rain start to come down you simply land on the mountain below you. There are only a couple of places where you would come close to getting agro and those are easily avoidable.
  15. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

The quest to get the 91 & 92 books will get you almost to 92 , 5 level 89 rush order writs will ding you 92....whats the rush?
  16. ARCHIVED-Karuune Guest

I agree with you, Tigress. It sucks that the books aren't heirloom. That said, I also agree with the others here. It's not a hard quest, and with some innovation, you can get the books. You may die a couple of times along the way, but that's the worst that happens, and at least you don't get thrown back to the beginning of the zone when you do. I've done the quests on three characters, and while they're tedious, it's not like they're rough. That first crossing of WL sucks, but if you make sure you stop at the final stele's horse (and click on it), you'll have horsie access for crossing the zone.
    Also, like Feldon said, what IS the rush in leveling? We have until August to get 2 easy levels in TSing. If you do the TS apprentice dailies, you'll ding two levels by then.
  17. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Tigress wrote:
    Have a guildee put a flag at the satyr, take the horse back to new combine, you can do everything in 30 min.
  18. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Zyllah@Permafrost wrote:
    I admit I find it funny that people say 'what's the rush' in tradeskilling when the vast majority of the players rush for adventure levels.
    My main source of discontent with the new tradeskill content is that they way they've done it, level 91 and 92 tradeskill is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT. You get NOTHING by gaining those two levels. Because you can already do every thing at 90.. after 6 insanely dull and boring quests. It's like having level 90 adventurers do 6 trivial quests and giving them all their level 91 and 92 combat arts, stat upgrades, etc. It's a depressing sign of the current teams view on tradeskilling.
  19. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Mermut wrote:
    There wasn't going to be a level increase for crafters when the SS content went into beta. The levels were tacked on at the end. Personally I like it this way because I don't feel the need to grind all my crafters to 92. The daily quest is leveling all my crafters at a good pace anyways.
  20. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Meirril wrote:
    This was depressingly obvious during testing and in the quality of the tradeskill content in this GU. Heck, there are still serveral outstanding bugs.. including the solo/heroic TS apprentice not making any armor peices for shaman and the raid apprentice not making any armor peices for clerics :(