Level 40 Bear Form

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-fenixilius, Jan 4, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-fenixilius Guest

Well I hit 40 today and bought the bear form.

I know...waste of money...I regret buying it.

This form smacks everything a zerker holds dare right in the face. This morph is lame for a lvl 40 ability.
    Can we get something more appropriate....like a Werebear. Or maybe make our weapons instead of hands burn with crimson flames.
    Almost anything would be better than this bear form.
  2. ARCHIVED-Buggrit Guest

Gaaah this topic has been discussed to death so many times

50% think it rocks
    49% think it sucks and
    1% hump there warden friends with it:smileytongue:
  3. ARCHIVED-dremtak Guest

4. ARCHIVED-KFizzle Guest

Templar also ... and when they are harvesting roots (or the 'gathering pose' however used) its fantastic to just get behind them and go between seated and regular standing behind them.
  5. ARCHIVED-RufusDeMarko Guest

how about just changing it to jet black w/ red eyes?
    Has that been mentioned? Cuz that would make ME happy..just to be a little bit different.
  6. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

i agree it sucks and i'm glad people keep bringing it up over and over. maybe they will actually change it someday if we gripe enough about it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Deadly Nightshadow Guest

Hmm....they can't change the form TOO much otherwise Mystics will complain about Zerkers having a better illusion than them...Besides, it's only a fun spell.
  8. ARCHIVED-fenixilius Guest

Why cant they, the mysticsa get the form at lvl 20...this is a lvl 40 fun spell.....40 > 20. There is no argueing the fact. But forget mystics, i wanna bring up are competitor...the Guardian. They get the original form at lvl 40. The to turn into a sweet looking obsidian golem, which totally smacks the unoringianl mystic wannabe zerker bear in the face.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kiro Guest

I agree 100% - I hate the level 40 bear form.

The lvl 20 firey fist is cool, and at level 40 we should get an expansion of that - the ability to light our entire bodies on fire.

That's what I think anyway, trade the bear form for Fire Engulf! I want to walk around on fire dangit!
  10. ARCHIVED-AtomiC_WedgiE Guest

Ummm, thats your lvl 50 fun spell Kiro.
    Nishra, 60 Berserker, Co-Leader of Exalted
  11. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Personally I'm not interested in the theory that Berserkers in lore had anything to do with bears. I hate bears. I think they look stupid. And regardless of it's true origins to me the word berserk = rage, not bear. And that is what our class is actually based on too, rage, not some dumb animal. So IMO the bear form is inappropraite for our level 40 fun spell especially since Mystics get the same exact one at level 20. And since that is their very first fun spell they tend to use it a lot after they first get it. So whenever people see someone in the bear form the first thing they think of is a Mystic. Not a Berserker, especially since most of us hate it so much that we never use it anyway. So it is their thing, not ours. And even if I didn't mind the bear form itself I still wouldn't want to use it just because of that reason. But like someone else mentioned, if it was a huge black bear with flaming eyes then that would be different and then I would like it, but it's not. It's just the same old plain looking brown bear that the Mystics get. It makes me sick.
  12. ARCHIVED-KFizzle Guest

The thing everyones mistaking is this ... its not a 'fun' spell for mystics, it actually has a purpose for them and is a buff. For us its a fun spell ... but its no fun because another class has the same spell, 20 levels earlier, and besides it doesnt look too 'ferocious' or berserker like to me.
  13. ARCHIVED-RufusDeMarko Guest

Listen. I know this seems pointless to bump. But I think I'm on to something.
    If they changed the bear's color to jet black, and either made the eyes RED or flaming like the nightbloods....
    Think that's acceptable to everyone?
    Not hard to change....but makes the spell more unique.
  14. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

^ yes I would accept it then. even though i still hate bears and i don't think they are a good representation of what a Berserker is supposed to be in this game i would take a black bear form with flaming eyes in place of the gay-looking brown one and then i would shut up about it.
  15. ARCHIVED-atjtennis Guest

Nope I really don't want a bear form even if it looks different because another class already has the bear. WIth all the freaking animals in this game why cannot they give us one of those isntead of tweaking our current one.

-snow leopard

-Large cobra snake

-NIghtblood

just three suggestions I've said before and will say again. I know this is 99.99% never gonan get changed but stranger things have happen
  16. ARCHIVED-RufusDeMarko Guest

Mostly because the community can't seem to come to an agreement on 2 things:
    1. that the spell should even be changed.
    2. What it should be changed to.

I could've swore that most people wanted this changed..especially judging by the amount of posts and threads created on it.

What we want it changed TO is going to be the hard part because it's something that the majority of players agree on, and yet it still needs to be within the "ideal" of the berserker class. Oh and it needs to be actually doable by game designers ;)

I wish I was good with photoshop, I'd try and show everyone what my vision is
  17. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

I really don't care as long as it's something that actually looks furious instead of the non-furious bear we currently have.
  18. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

Partway in my 50's, I went back for the two fun spells. Somewhat confused by the bear. Considering at 20 we get a fist'o'flambe and at 50 we go entirely Flame On, would have though the natural progression suggested something like our arms and/or weapon(s) get a flame effect.
    Only used bear form once (after the initial viewing), but it was fun. While camping Agony with guildmates so we could all go off on the Heritage Quest, we idled with animal forms. Totems mostly.
    http://www1.eq2boards.com/eq2guilds/board/message?board.id=3832070&message.id=78
    You won't see my name in the pics, as I was the one taking the screenies.

There is one additional effect to be got from our bear form. That seemingly there are stacking issues. It maybe something as simple as the higher level fun spell applies itself on top. Regardless, bear overwrites the fist - but Flame On over a bear creates a quirky Hell Bear.
  19. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

I still want a real level 40 fun spell of our own that actually fits our class and not a ripoff of the Mystic's level 20 one, thanks. :p
  20. ARCHIVED-Kyriel Guest

OAIJFAOFAFUO)F*(A)S(F*

And what about your whole body flame... didnt the wizard get that at an earlier level or what not? because i used to group with this wizard or warlock thign that was always engulfed in flames and said it was her fuff spell