Level 19, which 2 spells to upgrade to adept 3?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Arsenal, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Arsenal Guest

Level 19 sorcerer here, nearly to warlock and I'm trying to decide which spells to upgrade to adept 3 - at the moment I only have the resources to do 2 spells.

Is Blaze worth doing even though it is a lower level spell or am I better off trying to upgrade some of the warlock spells?
  2. ARCHIVED-Ginnai Doma Guest

Blaze is your best nuke, I would definitely upgrade it to Adept III. As for a second spell, its really up to you. It also depends on what choices you have depending on which advanced scholar books you/your crafter have. Keep in mind you shouldn't wait for a better spell to upgrade since the materials you have can only upgrade a level 10-19 spell anyway, 20+ requires different materials. And as for my reasons for upgrading Blaze, I usually group with a fellow guildmate who is a also a Sorcerer and approximately the same level(usually only differ by 1 or 2 levels). When I first got Blaze Adept III(in my mid teens) I was almost doubling their damage with Blaze. At our current levels, he still has App III and does around 100 damage, and with my Adept III I do around 150+. That's my friendly advice :).
  3. ARCHIVED-StormYYC Guest

I' m in my mid-20s and Blaze was maxed at level 20 and did not increase in damage after that , apprentice I or Adept III. Blaze cause between 80-100 in damage at its maximum and I felt stupid to upgrade it at level 20 as no incease in damage was done. When a spell is white and below don't waste your money on app III and more, the spell is already maxed. App-Adept-Master only add to you spellcasting level, they do not change the spell.
  4. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

Then why at lvl 22 with adept 3 blaze i nuke for 130-150 while other wizards blaze for 70-90
  5. ARCHIVED-Vreck Guest

My blaze (adept 1) does around 80-110...it all depends on the mob's mitigation of heat damage. Low-lvl mobs have near-zero mitigation, and as such will take a larger amount. Higher level mobs, (ire minions and such in CoB comes to mind) take a lot less damage, and since these ire minions are fire creatures as well, they take even less (like 50 or so). You can up your damage by casting the cold dot though. It reduces elemental mitigation, and as such will make all your nukes hit for more. I'm not sure about the whole issue of adept III doing the same damage at lvl 20 that the app1 does, since I have no way of testing it. But it sure helps to cast the dot first.
  6. ARCHIVED-Siltae Guest

I currently need to decide which spell to upgrade to Adept 3 as well from 10-19. I thought blaze, but now am considering Ice Spike. Seems for HOs, this would be a great choice. I'm told the level 23 DD, Dark Distortion, uses the fire icon, so would imagine this would replace Blaze at that level. What level will Ice Spike be replaced?
  7. ARCHIVED-Siltae Guest

I made Blaze Adept III last night and I have had a 149 nuke off of it at level 19. I can't remember manys nuke at all last night that hit for under 100...most landing for 110-120 a shot.
  8. ARCHIVED-Siltae Guest

Did you decide on which two spells you upgraded to Adept III? I used my first coral and made Blaze Adept III. Just scored another coral for a decent price today and now need to decide on my second spell to upgrade. I already have Adept I Frozen Manacles...Was thinking of going ahead and upgrading Ice Spike to Adept III and it's the HO starter...and more times than not..the HO finisher. Only other spells I only have App III of is Freeze, Accord, and Summon Shadows...the rest are Adept I. Guess Ice Spike is the obvious choice here.....
  9. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

Just curious what is a common price for coral on the market?
  10. ARCHIVED-Siltae Guest

I've bought two. I for 11 silver (including the 20% markup)...the other for 1 gold. Have seen them price as high as 5 gold..though can't imagine anyone paying that much.
  11. ARCHIVED-RedMauler Guest

IF you are going to spend the money get a spell that wont be replaced by a better one in the low 20's... Maybe a debuff spell... I personally am not going to invest 5gold into a spell that will be obsolete very shortly down the road
  12. ARCHIVED-Arsenal Guest

I went with Blaze and Ice Spike as well - hopefully those will tide me over until we get some decent nukes ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Deumos Guest

Your first choice should be easy: Painful Meditation. It is the only pre-20 spell you will use for the rest of your characters life. I am level 36 now and still keep it greyed out pretty much at all times.

After that I would go with Freezing Whorl considering it was just changed to debuff poison.

I stopped using blaze around 22-23 I think, so it seems like a waste to make an adept 3 of it unless you already have these 2 made(and maybe Gift of the Magi, still using at 36). If you have extra money/coral then go for it.
  14. ARCHIVED-UnicyclePeon Guest

ADEPT? Wow. I'm just shy of level 17 and all my spells are apprentice 2, except I found an Ice Spike adept 1 for sale from a player merchant. I know I'd have to make (or have made) Adept 3. It never occurred to me to browse the market for Adept 3 spells. I guess I'm a crappy sorcerer (Warlock to be). My damage seems OK. Maybe I need to suck up the cash for an upgrade.

Sadly I have 9 silver and I'm pretty sure that's what I'd pay for Apprentice 3 if I were lucky. :)

Uni-P
  15. ARCHIVED-UnicyclePeon Guest

Oh wait maybe I'm wrong. Does one upgrade to Adept 3 from Apprentice 3? How does that work? I haven't seen any mention of it in game but I'm interface and reading challenged. Guess its time to search the forums.

Uni P
  16. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Adept 3 is made by sages like myself with a rare mined material.

I have adept 3 blaze and painful med and love it.
    Message Edited by TunaBoo on 11-30-2004 02:49 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-UnicyclePeon Guest

What's a typical "going rate" range for it? And the other adept 3s?
  18. ARCHIVED-Raminicus Guest

don't us warlocks get another health-power sub at a higher level, other than Painful Meditation?

I'll check the spell list on the forums here to make sure (as long as it's accurate), but I'm pretty sure there's another one.
  19. ARCHIVED-Raminicus Guest

LOL just found it
    According to the list on these boards:
    lvl 27 Warlock - Invite Void - health to power sub
    Does this not replace Painful Meditation? Or are you stacking them?
  20. ARCHIVED-Deumos Guest

No, Invite Void doesn't replace Painful Meditation. ATM you can use both of them as they are on completely seperate timers.