Level 100 can't get apprentice

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cloudrat, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I leveled to 100 before I went to get an apprentice and now I am unable to see any to get one lol.
    Guess they are for 10-99??
    I brought another account on and grouped with that toon who could see it and target it but I couldn't see her target when on an apprentice
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

Humor me here. Check the Market Place and see if you can purchase the Crafting Apprentice feature. It really sounds like you made a new account and haven't gotten that feature yet.

Or do an inventory search for "apprentice" and "contract" to see if that toon already has one stashed somewhere. Hmm...would that return results if you placed it in another character's house? Is it possible that you got an apprentice before and put it in a house already?
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

I just did a little test with a silver account that I've bought no features or content for. My character can see the apprentices, but cannot hire one. Unfortunately I don't have a L100 crafter who hasn't already hired one, so I can't test that particular case.
  4. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Meirril humor me lol Let's pretend I don't have over 50 level 100 crafters on 10 servers . I still would know if I have the apprentice ability on my account lol and I do:p
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

I've got a vague idea about how many alts you have. If they were all on a single account I wouldn't even bring it up. But when you start talking about checking with a second account...

So about that second part, any chance that this toon could have an apprentice stuck somewhere?
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Even if she had an apprentice stuck somewhere, she'd still be able to see the other two which from her post, she can't. This is why the second account was mentioned, because the second account could see the apprentices and they were in the correct location but her 100 crafter cannot.
  7. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I can see the apprentices on accounts that don't have them unlocked. Something is glitched here for sure. As if all of them don't show, then something needs to be fixed.
    Xianthia likes this.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

But what to fix and in this specific case where to fix?

From everything said this is starting to sound like something is wrong on Cloudrat's end. I'd guess something in the specific character's UI files, which sounds really strange to me since it shouldn't affect this sort of thing. Then again this is far away from my area of expertise. There are several load commands. Use <tab> with /load and /ui. Maybe even /g or /v. See if you can fish for a command that would help. Incase anyone is curious if you put in a partial command <tab> will show a list of possible matches but won't give you specific help with any of the command structures. As such it will let you know a command exists but not what syntax it expects in the structure.

This would probably get a better answer in the tech support forum.