Level 100 Boost Guide

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by kunkadunk, Dec 28, 2016.

1. kunkadunk New Member

Hi all, I'm a returning player after a long hiatus. I bought the newest expansion and used my free level 100 character boost. Can someone give me a short synopsis of things I want to get started on, what questlines to do first, and general tips?
  2. grammy1 New Member

In order to get to the new KA zone you have to complete the terrors of thulumbra line. Resolve is the new requirement to survive in KA. Go back do some quests in prior zones. Learn your character since so many new things have been added. Look over your aa lines. Craft your char up to 100.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Resolve is needed for heroics and raids and such in KA, not for single stuff, but still you want to have the best resolve gear you can get in your bags for when they are needed. As for stats, you want potency. Lots of it. Other stats are useful, but Potency is Emperor right now.
    Mermut and Shmogre like this.
  4. Conifur Well-Known Member

Go back to the starter zones and do all the quest from level 1 through level 100 even though they are grey and do nothing for you because so much is gated behind those quest to advance your toon in KA. Grats on your new level 100 they gave you to entice you to buy the expansion - it does not relieve you of any of the gates they have put in front of you. It was a ploy to make you feel like you could just jump right in - lots fell for it. Sorry :(
  5. wiouxev2 Active Member

Here is a small cheat sheet I wrote myself. I highly recommend investing in 1 krono for $18 - it will make getting back up to speed MUCH more convenient overall, and get you a decent set of crafted gear/jewelry so you can hit the ground running.

1. Gear (Crafted- Twark or Bloody Tooth)
    2. Adorns (white, purple, war runes, ethereals)
    3. Masters (most are dirt cheap)
    4. Epic 1.0 (for the buff and epic 2.0 pre-req)
    5. KA Pre-reqs
      1. ToT Sig
      2. Greenmist 1.0
      3. Languages
    6. KA Sig
      1. Ethereal Offhand (30 quests achievement)
    7. Guild (for guild buff)
    8. Merc (Zhug is a good start)

These are very basic footnotes, but they should help.
    DoomDrake, Xillean and Scott Adams like this.
  6. Anhari Active Member

10 Year Vet reward for Merc's is worth it up to about level 85-90 content. I still use mine at level 95 in the tranquil/phantom seas timeline that I am working on. Lord Vek seems to be able to keep up. I think I have only lost him once (and I ain't that good of a player!).
    Scott Adams likes this.
  7. Sennen Well-Known Member

If you want to learn your character and knock out some stuff you'll need for later, get some level 90 gear, mentor to 90 and do the faction stuff required for epic 2.... will be slower than doing it in 100 gear, but you can learn what all your spells do and won't be facerolling things in level 100 gear
  8. dorotea Well-Known Member

As I recall you don't need to do the Thalumbra signature line to get to Kunark Ascending, but it is desirable to finish that line before finishing the KA signature line since it lets you get a better reward. The ToT quest line doesn't take a long time.

You certainly don't need to do most of the old content. You need some languages to finish the KA line but only one of them (draconic) is a significant time investment - you can look it up and just do the content that To Speak Like a Dragon requires.

The epic quest lines for your class are helpful but not mandatory, and you can look up which parts of the old content you need if you bother with them. The epic 2 line requires a level 100 crafter so if you aren't going to craft at all you can't do it period.

The ToT and Kunark quest lines require having a level 2 craft skill so get that - it just takes a few clicks.
  9. Anhari Active Member

No one should ever play a class that doesn't have at least level 9 crafting. It takes all of about 15 minutes at the most. You don't need to keep it up but hey, why not take the free food you craft along the way!
  10. harvash Active Member

If you're at level 9, may as well hail the artisan trainer and pick a class - auto ding to 10. That said, you can do the same at level 19 (auto ding to 20). Total time investment can't be more than 30 minutes - and it will help with the plethora of quests that have a tradeskill component. You can do very high level combines with a low level crafter, if you are patient and don't miss reactions.
    Xillean likes this.
  11. chunky New Member

You don't have to do Terrors of Thalumbra signature quest in any specific order. The best-in-slot off-hand item likely being referred to is a loot triggered by the quest journal similarly to collection items. You can meet the Kunark Ascending requirements and then as soon as you complete ToT signature line, the loot window for the item will pop up. The order doesn't matter. There are 4 requirements. I can't remember them all. So there is hope for anyone who didn't do ToT first. I think it is best to begin ascension as soon as possible, personally. and not sure if it was said but if you haven't already done the proof of the pudding, and gotten your mastercrafters cloak and earring of solstice, do it now. There is an upgrade to that which is also a huge boost in your adventuring stats. It is best-in-slot cloak. there is nothing you can loot or buy from anyone better. The crafting cloak is.