Let's talk about the Kerran.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ortawort, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

EQN character design is just.....awful.

That is all.
    Belenos likes this.
  2. cellinaire Well-Known Member

hmm, didn't they already say that the Kerran they showed us at SOElive will be just one of many models or characters one can create with customization editor?
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

While I'm sure we'll be able to customize considerably, I doubt they will have created a system that allows for both correct proportions and Pixar-wannabe proportions concurrently.
  4. Zozzo New Member

I really dislike the disproportionate cartoon appearance SOE is going for. It's like EQ meets WOW/Warhammer. I've always enjoyed the EQ designs due to the attempt to offer somewhat realistic character types (for a fantasy game at any rate). Leave the bad Saturday morning cartoons (and on a separate mention, anime) style out of EQN.

As a side note, if Iksars end up with mammary glands, I'm out.
  5. Livejazz Well-Known Member

If that Kerran pic in the OP is indicative of EQN's graphics, I won't be playing :(

Edit: OK apparently, it's not, but what I am seeing of Kerrans & EQN character models isn't pleasing me any :(
    Rhodris and Solarianterror like this.
  6. Solarianterror New Member

From what I've seen EQN looks like something that I would not even try to play.

A large majority of the fun I find in games comes from exploring realistic-looking environments with plausible-looking characters-- not as calvin and hobbes. Admittedly, some people may enjoy this cartoony-style, but personally, one thing that drew me into EQ2 was the serious art-styles. IMO, this cartoony style reminds me too much of WoW, and if whilst this isn't exactly a wow-clone, I would hate to see the art style mimic that of one.

Of course, what I have seen of EQN is somewhat limited, so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Belenos and Rhodris like this.