Lesser, greater and superior planar energy

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Talladega Knights, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Talladega Knights New Member

Hello everyone, I have been doing the KA PQ, CS tradeskill quest and what ever other quest I can think of To get one of the lesser, greater, superior plane our energies to drop so I can upgrade my epic spells. I don’t know what the issue is but other people have received 10 at least doing the cobalt scars trade skill quest and have received them. Am I missing a quest that I should have done during the I don’t know what the issue is but other people have received 10 at least doing the cobalt scars trade skill quest and have received them. Am I missing a quest that I should have done during the KA expac? Would love some feedback on how to get some of these energies so I can upgrade my epic spells.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

You would probably have better luck doing solos/heroics than trying for cobalt scars , keep doing the obulus pq for the greater fragments.
    I would suggest doing KA heroics and POP soloes ( if u can do pop heroics those too ) as long as u have quest you can receive lesser/superior fragments as mission rewards.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

First of all, you're confusing Planar Energy with Planar fragments. Planar energy items come from harvesting--either in PoM or CS nodes. They are the "fuel" for your Ascension spells. Planar fragments are what is used for Epic 2.0 spells and do come from KA PQs and Heroic zones. They are rarer than hen's teeth dropping in CD zones for anything. Personally, I have gotten two lesser fragments as TS rewards for doing CD Anchorage quests and that's using 4-5 different toons doing TS dailies a couple of times a day. You'll have an easier time getting those frags from running KA PQs or Heroic zones than you'll ever see from CD zones.
  4. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

oh and good luck getting groups for those old zones mentioned above :rolleyes:. solos and duos drop them but they are VERY few and far between. You need the group zones to get more
  5. semisus Does not play this game

At 110 and decently geared , soloing the KA heroics and pop soloes shouldent exactly be hard
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

False. I've gotten each of the three levels of Planar Energy Fragments as Anchorage Mission Rewards. They are rare, but they do drop. And while I can solo the PQ near Twark in Obulous Frontier, not all the PQs are really soloable. I never got a Fragment of Planar Energy doing any content other than the PQs and Anchorage Missions.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

it is not easy for the names. and i wasnt talking about solos and duos. and semi...your toons are raid geared....is that what you consider "decent" or top of the line? just curious :confused:
  8. semisus Does not play this game

decently geared as in mc gear and a merc im sure can do the easier of the KA heroics
    if im wrong then im wrong but i could solo most of the KA heroics by the end of KA expansion
  9. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

heh, we tried and the results were frustrating with 3. tried multiple zones... the names were the difficulty for the most part though
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

We'll agree to disagree. I don't consider Anchorage TS dailies as "zones." And I've never seen planar fragments dropping from CD zones--ever. Yes, as I said, you can get fragments from Anchorage TS as rewards, but I've only seen 2 lessers ever drop since Anchorage zones first started. And that's with 4-5 toons running them several times a day. And while you may have gotten all three, I haven't, nor have many other people I've talked to. Undoubtedly tied to the RNG concept that DBG uses that decidedly kinder to some than others, which means it's not all that random. I piled up a lot more planar fragments running zones in past xpacs than I've ever seen drop in CD. Period.
    Mermut likes this.
  11. semisus Does not play this game

try the events then , those should easy
    the ka event weekly that is