Legends of Norrath - Loot Packs

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mizgamer62, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Shesaz Active Member

2. Arandar Well-Known Member

There is this weird, almost Puritanical vibe to this whole thread. It's not just "I don't like this, therefore I'm not going to spend my money on it". It's that they think no one else should be able to spend their money on it either.
    Nockturnal likes this.
  3. Lucus Well-Known Member

there are many ways to make money, they have only themselves to blame for player backlash when they chose methods people highly disapprove off rather then using more acceptable methods.

There's nothing in this thread to suggest that attitude: 'if i can't buy it you shouldn't be able to gamble for it' point out one post here that said anything like that? you can't.

gambling is the only option for this stuff, it'd be entirely different if you could ether buy or gamble for it and choose which you prefer.
  4. Shesaz Active Member

5. Lucus Well-Known Member

look at the marketplace, look at all the stuff we can buy, gambling should not be their sole method of earning money or us obtaining specific items, there is nothing wrong will actually selling items for money, there's nothing that could prevent them from both offering for sale items and offering to gamble for those same items.

more and mroe items are going 'gamble to get' rather then honest 'pay this much' transactions.

i contribute to this game's upkeep with my patronage, if you don't take what your customers think into account you loose business, they want more money from less people while pissing more people off and inclining them not to spend money

if you want business you have to have customer satisfaction or you loose business, unvoiced criticism is no criticism at all.

some people do hate real $$$ gambling and hate even more when game items are locked behind them for no reason other then greed in trying to extract as much money as possible and acting as though players are credit cards or bank accounts, not people.
  6. Dagada Member

Sorry, I must have missed this, what is in the loot cards that is so valuable?
  7. Lucus Well-Known Member

they are mostly appearance items like you can buy directly from the market, you know like you can do in most games, except they want to milk the most money out of players as possible with a weighted gamble to try and get people to sink as much money as possible for only a chance to get what they want.
  8. Tetrol Well-Known Member

The marketing perhaps needs to be investigated a bit further than that some people do purchase these packs, so it is a net gain. If it were only that, the logic would work. Making more and more of the game into that model is what could bring about some dropping their subs - because what I first subbed into about 6mo after EQ2 started is not what I am getting now. Fortunately can still enjoy myself in old content, (despite nerfing and character boosting trying to rush you to the "top"), but there's pretty much nothing attractive in the current direction.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Keep random on there for a month, let all the gamblers spend there money then consider adding individual items. Perhaps do a different 2 expacs each month and rotate them.

Until I can buy individual items, I won't be interested in any of the random packs
  10. Entropy Well-Known Member

Buy a Krono. Sell it on broker for 100k. Buy the LON item you want off the broker with some of that plat.

There, you just bought it for money.
    Shauwn and Sejreia like this.
  11. Rakk Active Member

But the item I want is either No-Trade or Heirloom (I know its one of those, just cant remember which), so I can't buy it from the broker - yes you can set up trades, but none of mine have been successful (and someone else wanting the same thing didn't seem to be getting it either cos I keep seeing their posted trade there as well for it)
  12. Ishuna Well-Known Member

Silly me.. I thought there would be actual items too. Nope. Not paying any money to have an unknown % chance for an item I want. I can understand why others would but the more we support stuff like this the more prominent it's going to become.

The day the cash shop has more content than the game is the end of my time in Norrath.
    Belenos, Mizgamer62 and Feldon like this.
  13. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Before it was "cards to play this game, occasional cool prize along with". Now it's "three random items, keep buying until you get what you want...sucker". Very, very different.

WTF, Daybreak, jerk move...
    Belenos, Mizgamer62 and Feldon like this.
  14. Anaogi Well-Known Member

When you unpack it from the "packs" at one point it's in a "container" that is freely tradeable on the broker. You unpack from that "container" to get the item in question. So yeah, broker bound some of this will be.
    Belenos, Mizgamer62 and Livejazz like this.
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

16. Livejazz Well-Known Member

If I want or care about LoN cards, I'll download the client & get the free packs every month.

But I suspect enough people will happily buy them from the $$$ shop to "justify" DBG doing this, so effectively all this complaint here on the forum -- just like many other issues -- will largely be deemed irrelevant when compared to the larger number of people who don't post on forums, Twitter, or Facebook. I suspect that's what happened with the "do you want these new servers" poll, too.

We can pretend that the forums are where all opinions are heard, but that would be false.
    Shauwn, Sejreia, Anaogi and 2 others like this.
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

We are the 2%.
    Ishuna, Wirewhisker, Anaogi and 2 others like this.
  18. Arandar Well-Known Member

I think this is one of those situations where Daybreak just can't win. If they did what you want, then people would be buying items like Bottled Intellect, Bottled Breath, Jester's Cap, Void Portal, Badge of Thyr, etc. And then you'd have a whole other group of people jumping up and down, setting on their hair on fire and screaming "see!? see!? pay to win! pay to win!"
    Livejazz and Shauwn like this.
  19. Rakk Active Member

However once you know what it is, its already been unpacked from the booster packs and is in the loot section of LoN, and then once claimed it ends up in your inventory (no unpacking needed) and is heirloom, unless I'm missing a trick somewhere (which is quite possible)
  20. Arandar Well-Known Member

All of individual loot items are, at one point, in a state where you know exactly what it is, it is fully tradeable and can be sold on the broker. So if you don't like the "gambling" aspect of things, and want a specific item, just keep an eye out on the broker and be ready to spend some plat.