learning goblish ? Where are the goblinoids, character died in Enchanted Lands

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Geroblue, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I have been looking over the quest drops and going by the color of the text to determine how difficult they might be.

I have ones with blue, yellow, green, and white text.

So deciding to learn Goblish, I took my toon and merc to The Enchanted Lands. West part. A large tree thing attacked, I was almost winning, couldn't move !, and another one showed up. Merc died, then my toon died.

Went back to Qeynos and got my gear mended.

Checked my merc and got him some gear; head, shoulders, forearms, etc. Still have over a day before the next step is available. Did increase his hp and power. Not sure if I jumped up his mitigation or not.

So, went back and took on the runneyeyes in The Hole. I hate those void shriekers. I really do.

Did manage to survive and went from adv level 30 to 31. Left and went to BB, and took on the undead pawns at the chessboard. Went to 33.

In all of that, managed to get on marker from a runnyeye.

Character is Ajouhan on Maj-Dul. I do have failrly good, I think, mitigation and avoidance, and a 15-75 hp weapon, piercing.

The other problem is screen freezes, I push hard on the left arrow key, or right arrow key, or up arrow key, toon doesn't move. After mob dies, or my toon dies, I can move the toon.

What other zones do I get these markers from ? And are there lower levels I can go to and get them ?

And is the text color on these drops a good indicator of difficulty ? Or did I mess this up to ?

Thanks.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Runnyeye? The nursery in greater fay? Antonica? Lots of places. I guess the ones in the nursery area and Antonica are the lowest ones. For Antonica near tunnels that go from left side of mountains to right side.
    Geroblue likes this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll try where my character doesn't die.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Could only find gnolls in those tunnels.

So went back to Enchanted lands. Got 2 more border markers for 3 out of 7 needed, managed to survive, almost died again when I attacked 5 runneye goblins... and 5 more came from the other side of the tree. Wheee !

Starting firing bow and arrows at the bats, so no attacks from above when I go after the goblins.

Went from adv lev 30 to 33. Then went tinkering and went from Tinker 1 to Tinker 60.

Nap time.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Balcerak Well-Known Member

well you should be able to take those out then. I was wrong about the caves, the goblins in antonica are off of the oracle tower on islands.
  6. Balcerak Well-Known Member

and of course there are goblins back on the queens island intro zone.
  7. exeq2player Member

Just did that quest, I hunted in Butcherblock Mountains, the Islands across the water. They spawn fast
    Soara2, Breanna and Balcerak like this.
  8. Seth Well-Known Member

EL GOBLINO be in Runnyeye
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

The goblins around the lake in the Nursery in Gfay drop goblin items but I'm not sure if they drop language. The ones in the cave drop language, or they did last time I was there. Butcherblock has some and the mist goblins in Nek Forest should be easier than Enchanted lands.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The ones on Enchanted Islands were bag because the mobbed my toon, and the void shriekers showing up didn't help either.

I remember the goblins out on the islands in Antonica. I'll check them. I've only been out to the islands off Butcherblock docks with toons well about level 20.
  11. Seth Well-Known Member

yeah what semper said was going to mention those ones,
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

The Antonica goblins you want are not in the caves but on a couple of islands off the shore up in that area. I always do my langiage there as I could never seem to get drops off the ones in Gfay.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The ones on the islands near Qeynos didn't have the quest markers over their heads.

So I went back to the wiki and changed my search.

This time I searched for 'goblins in Norrath'.

Only 3 zones came up: Enchanted Lands, Everfrost, and Lavastrom.

So back to Enchanted lands I took my 32 adv level character. Fired arrows at the void screachers and my merc finished them off. Took out some runneye goblins, no border markers. And I wasn't going over by the mill again.

Figured I would go down to the beach where the hatecrawler spiders were and level up. The grim runner whelps, etc. had the quest marker on them. Yahoo !

So, bow and arrow time, the lashers got in on it to. Learned goblish and now 34 adv level.

Had to alternate between the whelps and lashers so the whelps could respawn. But, its all done now on that character.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

Which just shows how inaccurate the wiki is since 4 other zones that have them have already been mentioned in this thread.
    You don't have to believe me but I can assure you that I have completed this a dozen times or more on the goblins in Antonica, most recently on a bunch of high level crafters that needed it to do the KA crafting questline.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

there are also very easy goblins in the greater faydark nursery starter area , they all have a chance of dropping the goblin language papers.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

@Tkia I think it was more my search terms.
  17. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Goblins down each side of the river in Nek forest as well. Mainly from the bridge up to the waterfall.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Completed back in March, but thanks for the info.