Layout Editor 1.8.1.x .. Coming Soon™ (Build Status)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by JesDyr, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Shadrac Well-Known Member

2. Shadrac Well-Known Member

LOL
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. TarnaX Active Member

Second that- THANKS so much! The editor is so useful as-is, and the stuff you're working to add sounds awesome!!
  4. Avianna Well-Known Member

cool look forward to the finished product
  5. JesDyr Well-Known Member

OK soo .. status update

Due to lack of time and/or motivation, progress has been slow and to just get something out I may build a version without some of the new stuff I wanted to add (anything already mostly coded will get finished). This isn't to say I wont get to everything on the list, it just might take a couple of releases to get there.

I did get the circle/spiral tool mostly finished (ended up reworking parts of it). I added a slight gradient to the circle's color. I also added an estimated location display based on your mouse pointer when you place it over either display. I still need to finish writing a method to store the settings. I was also working on fixing the rotation problems with making archways (wasn't in the last pic), but I don't know if I will find a solution. I will leave the option in but make it display a warning that it might not rotate the items properly.

I have been working on the Text creator. There is no significant changes being made to the UI for it. The biggest difference is the group selection is now a drop down box and if you want to create a new group, you just type in the name (added this functionality to circle/spiral as well).

One little thing I have added was the ability to lookup items on Eq2furniture.com quickly. You can right click an item, select "lookup on EQ2 Furniture" and it will open your default browser and take you to that item's page (like this). You can disable this feature from the settings window.
  6. Twinklin Member

Many Thanks as usual Jes. I wish when they implemented the roll and pitch in game they would have added a drop down menu with basic degree measurement choices. You'd select your item, select pitch, select the angle you want it to pitch from a list like 10, 20, 45, 90 degrees. Also a slide back and forth like the slide up and down that is currently in game. Those are the things I use the editor for mostly and it would be great for people who aren't insanely particular about things being perfect *cough* Jaz *cough*. I'm very glad we have your editor to use since they didn't make it easy in game to get multiple items pitched to the same angle or slid into place. *Cheers for Jesdyr*
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah; the Notepad editing method has always been available, but I must admit it's really nice to have a method to do wonderful things quickly and smoothly. :)

Uwk
    Faeonara likes this.
  8. JesDyr Well-Known Member

Nope ... Originally you couldn't edit them in notepad.. You would have needed a hex editor. There was, however, already a layout editor ready to be released. I never released it because while talking to Rothgar about it, they decided to just make it plaintext. :)
  9. Twinklin Member

Yeah I wasn't referring to when they made layout files editable, I was referring to when they added the in game editor and the ability to pitch and roll with the house editing control pad. It would have been nice if they had added the ability to pitch and roll to a few select common angles for those who just want to be able to make a peaked roof without having to use Jesdyr's editor.

I never used the notepad method. I was always afraid I'd break my game or something. I've always been thrilled with the editor. I'm just a bit lazy and impatient and end up making things not so perfect because I don't want to take the time to use the diff feature to pitch one item 89.96.

In any case it's all WAY better than having to place things on bookcases and pulling the book case away to make it float LMAO. Ah, the good ol days.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Very cool!! Thanks for that! :D

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe with the old hex file, but not any more. Thanks again, JesDyr! :)

Might break your design if you're not sure which items are which... ::cough:: like in Abe's place... ::cough:: :oops:

You can sorta kinda do that with Notepad; do that one initial adjustment, then space things equidistant apart from there; way easier to do with just vertical or horizontal in Notepad, I must admit... :-/

Aw, I did a lot of good stuff the ol' days way; ask me sometime about the Frostfell snowglobe in the New Halas 6-room round window... ;->

Uwk
  12. Twinklin Member

Actually Jes says it can be done but it breaks the terms of service. Also with the in game editor when you hover over an item it highlights so you would know exactly which item you're moving.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What does? :-/

This is true; I'll give it that. ;->

Uwk
  14. Twinklin Member

An editor that would allow us to click the item in game in the game's edit mode and tell it what angle to pitch and roll vs opening the layout file in another program to tell it how to move. He says it could be done that way but it would break the EULA.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Weird, but I'll take y'all's word for it. /shrug

Uwk
  16. MsQu New Member

Hi Jesdyr!

I hate to ask, because this is such an old thread... Where are you on releasing a new housing editor. While the old one works fine, this "new" fan would love to see the new features. Also, I simply can't get the organizer to work on my new Windows 8 computer so I'm hoping your new code will solve all that.

Thanks.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The tricky part would be, I think, to keep ensuring it'll still work for WinXP and Win7, as well, now that Windows doesn't like having to talk to its older relations any more. :-/

Uwk
  18. Niboota Well-Known Member

This is AWESOME!
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! :D

JesDyr: will this be replacing version 1.7.2.14, or is there an even more recent version I've missed? :-/

Uwk
    whose alt, Abe, still needs to do serious work on that blasted Misty Blue tile staircase of his...should probably do it first in tiles whose edges I can SEE, then replace them with the Misties... X-P
  20. JesDyr Well-Known Member

It has been on and off of hold a few times over the last year. I have been busy with other things and just have not had the time.. At this point I am not even sure where I most recently left off with 1.8 ... I think it was fairly close to a state that I was ready to give it over to Jazabelle so she could break it. This was a scaled back version from what I originally planned (No organizer). I think I just had the Import/Export Group Interface code left.

As far as the organizer on windows 8, you may need to enable .Net 3.5 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443(v=vs.110).aspx).