Lavastorm Winter Retreat & Everfrost Summer Home

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Mirt, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Lol it sure looks like that ! I will never understand why they let the player studio program die slowly when they can sure benefit from it :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

I don't know that I'd buy CE for something that will be obsolete next expansion lol. The fluff that I can use forever is the only reason I do.

And I can see them waiting at least a couple of years before putting CE items up for sale again, but seriously, the AoD and Velious houses the OP are talking about are from seven years ago. I think it's more than reasonable for them to put them back out there. Even the two someone else added to the list are from five and three years ago respectively. It's not like any of these are recent. How many people are going to forgo buying a CE for things they want RIGHT NOW (and usually for multiple characters) on the off chance that it's going to be on the loyalty merchant or marketplace in three years for them to buy individually?

It seems pretty clear this would get them an injection of at least some money for nearly zero effort since they don't have to create anything except a spot on the merchant/market.
    Mirt, Cyrrena, Alyndrys and 2 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Exactly! Which is why Cyrrena's idea is so brilliant! :)

Uwk
  4. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

That would be logical ! DB doesn't seem to agree to logic lol !
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have put a couple ideas about older things out there to no avail.

Also, I have put out there my BROOM MOUNT even if it has to be a Vroom Broom and Ttobey just ignores it. Ttobey said he could animate anything, and specifically stated in one of the threads that the Vroom Broom or similar would be much easier and still he has his feet stuck in concrete.

The BROOM MOUNT campaign is continuing Ttobey whether you like it or not!!!!
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! :D

Seriously, have you tried requesting them (well, the houses, but also the broom ;->) on the various Wishlists? According to rumor, they actually do seem to pay attention to those, and we have, apparently, gotten pretty much all we've asked for from there. :)

Uwk
    SierraDawn, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Orionza Active Member

I found this thread while digging around for expansion packs online. I joined the game after the Everfrost home and right when the Lavastorm house expansion was introduced. I really really wanted the Lavastorm house but had just started the game and everything was a little overwhelming for me, and to buy the expansion was too much at the time. Shortly after that I couldn't get the expansion anymore. I have been kicking myself for years for not buying it because I really liked that house. Even yesterday it was bugging me! So last night I went looking to see if I could get that expansion anywhere. No luck. So I'm here.

I'd love to have access to some of these old houses. I do have the Etherenere Enclave, as someone mentioned above. I paid for the package. I would have no problem if people had access to this home through Loyalty. They don't get one per character. They get ONE per amount of loyalty tokens spent. I wouldn't mind also seeing them up in the market for DBC but I'd like to see them be open on each character if we have to pay cash.

Also I was away from the game for some time and I also missed the first expansion that had the Dhalgar construction pieces. So so so oooooo mad when I found out I couldn't get that anymore. It's like a hole in my crafting career! I would pay to have this set on just one character.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

YESSSS!!!!! So would I! They could limit that, if they do it on the Marketplace (the gods know the Dhalgar set is already limited, as the bloody results are like No-Trade and you have to Commission them, like with all the sets), so like one per character, even one per server for your characters (I have toons everywhere but Stormhold and Isle of Refuge ;->), would be acceptable. If they want to do the House and the Building Blocks from the expansions we missed (and can't get any more any other way) as a bundle, for like 4,495 DBC, I would be so there. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have tried asking and nicely and politely.

During the Dev talks we had on each server, February of 2017 I believe, where it was ask anything you want, I asked about the broom mount, Windstalker said that they have narrowed the choices of brooms to use down and we would see them. I am still waiting. I do have the chat logs from those Dev talks and Feldon has them posted as well.
  10. Katz Well-Known Member

I think most people just want to be able to get the items and would pay for them. I would like some of the items from fan faires that I didn't get like the statue and pirate booty thing. People have been nice enough to place them for me but I would like to have them on my account. I would be willing to buy off marketplace.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, gods yes, me too! :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I couldn't afford to get the expansion with the Dhelghar precipice and those building blocks. . . now I can't get them. I shouldn't be punished because I couldn't afford to buy it. I would love to have these on the Marketplace or the Loyality merchant.
    Mirt, Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! /nod

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I hope they do the 50% off of PoP before the next expansion, I have been saving pennies so I can upgrade my PoP to the next level to get the house and fluff before its gone. *quakes in fear that DBG does not put PoP on sale"
  15. Mirt Well-Known Member

No one is going to give a crud if you put homes from seven years ago CEs on the marketplace or loyalty merchant. And if there is 1 or 2 people that do, then I think they would find a way to live with it. There are people, like me, saying DBG take my money, so DBG take our money and put these homes up for it. No one is asking for something that came out last year. Again, these are things that came out SEVEN years ago.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am saying that as well Mirt, but you know the state of the human today, find something to complain about and complain until people's ears bleed that its not fair, its discriminatory, etc, make up a reason to complain about something if need be. Its the way of the world whether we like it or not.

And I really, really need DBG to raise the house limit, I am at maximum 25 with all prestige homes and more are coming that I want without relinquishing any that I have bought, claimed, or quested for. Most of them are empty and I only have 1 that has the maximum number of items, but no building blocks. Heck there are still ones that I would buy that are already on the marketplace, but I toured every house listed on the housing portal and made a list of which ones I want in the order I want to get them, and hit the maximum 25 before completing the list as expansions have been purchased and homes acquired that way. I have had to rewrite the list several times over the 5 years I have had a prestige house addiction as new homes are added and homes are purchased.

Throw me a bone DBG, at least let me have another 10 prestige homes, I would like to be able to have another 20 so it wouldn't need to be increased again real soon, but I would settle for 10, or even 5, I could make do with 5 but I would not be *doing the Snoopy dance* for anything less than 20.
    Mirt, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, if they upped the house number, they'd probably poor-mouth around about the item count taxing their servers too much. Well, heck, you probably aren't the only house-aholic out there, Cyrrena; I'm sure they'd actually, you know, SELL more houses if they did open it up. :)

And with the extra money coming in, they could afford more Purina Gopher Chow. ;->

Uwk
    Mirt and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes but they can lower the number of city homes you can own based on the number of Prestige homes you own until you are only allowed 1 city house in each city of your alignment.

And now with a lot of items being stackable, we are not as taxing on their servers as we used to be. If they would give us some type of depot or depots to put the stacks in, I could empty every single storage dungeon and storage house that I have and I would be even less taxing on their servers. But until I can stack up the 400 black marble floor tiles I have and either place them down in a house as a stack or place them in a depot as a stack, I will continue to tax their servers.

I am out of bank and vault space so the stacks cannot go in those, I cannot get an appearance item depot and the wardrobe is full. I will not delete full sets of appearance gear to place the stacks in because I cannot place the appearance gear in a storage house or dungeon. Its catch 22 at this point.

I promise to be a responsible stacker if you please, for the love of the Deities DBG, give me a depot or depots to put the stacks in. For example a tabbed depot for the stacks where I can purchase more tab space if I need it, or separate depots craftable and purchasable from the marketplace for floor tiles, building blocks, furniture, plushies, etc. By tabbed depot, I mean you open the depot and it would have separate tabs for the new stackables, for instance, a tab for building blocks, a tab for floor tiles, a tab for furniture, etc and you could purchase more slots in each tab similar to the wardrobe, this idea was originally posted by Tekka soon after things began being converted to stackable items. I would give you my money for these and for more prestige houses if you raised the limit so I can have more of them. MONEY is yours for the taking for a few simple accomodations which in turn will lighten my taxing of your servers considerably.

Also, please make the holiday recipe scrolls stackable, they used to be, they are heirloom, no-trade so there is no reason to make them not stackable.

PLEASE!!!!!

Separate the max houses by type, Prestige and Non-Prestige DBG. Allow us to craft and purchase depots to hold building blocks, floor tiles, furniture, etc.

You know you want my money and you can have it, but not if I have to relinquish a /claim home or a previously purchased Prestige home to do so.

*Is feeling overwhelmed by stacks and nowhere to put them and the words stack and stackable*
    Mirt, Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Mirt Well-Known Member

come on Devs - find a way to give us the old homes from the old CEs - You can have our money!
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I finally broke down and bought the CE of PoP recently (I'd kept thinking they went on sale in late November, and had mis-remembered; late September). I could've gotten the Standard Edition (or Base Edition, Default Edition, whatever they call it) for $34.99, or the CE for $89.99 if it wasn't on sale (I don't even bother beyond that; there's nothing to excite me that much in the Uber-Super-Dooper-Whooper Edition). Instead, I got the CE for $44.99 (-ish; 50% off), plus another 10% off of that for being a member. Life is good. :)

So in a sense, even if I hadn't been a member, it'd roughly be another $10 to get the CE over the Standard. So! Since the primary draw for me was the house and building blocks (the mount rocks, but it's still the house and set for me), go ahead and SELL US the house, and/or the set, or the whatever, for $44.99, o devs, once they're not available any more, like two years after they come out. I will guarantee this: I will buy the Standard Edition, and save up more to get the house/set in addition to that. I can't be the only one out there who'd do so. ;->

If the CE wasn't on sale, I wouldn't be getting it in the first place, and you'd be out of any of my dollars, since if all I can get is the Standard Edition without the house/set, I will gladly wait until it all becomes free content; I've done that before, lots of times. This way, at least, you'd be getting the $35 (oh, c'mon, let's just round up, shall we?), plus another $45, just for the house/set in addition. ;)

That adds up to...hmm...let's see...$89.99->$90, but at least I wouldn't have to pay it down all at once (again, I can't be the only one in that position), I wouldn't have to worry about all the other stuff I don't care about, and you guys would at least be getting some money from me. ;->

Heck, you did that a la carte bit before with that one "expansion" (Destiny of Velius? something like that [EDIT: Nope, Age of "Discovery"]) where there wasn't a new zone introduced, just a bunch of features, and everyone hit the ceiling about that one. Let us have an a la carte option again, and see how many folks flock to that. :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.