Lavastorm Winter Retreat & Everfrost Summer Home

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Mirt, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Mirt Well-Known Member

Hey Devy-devs - can we PLEASE get these long since discontinued homes added to the loyalty merchant like you did with the skyblade skiff?

Thanks much!
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Even if they don't want to just "give it away" to us like that, they could at least do the decent thing and make them available on the Marketplace for a comparable price to the others. :-/

Hmm...maybe put this on the Wishlists as well? They do seem to notice those. ;->

Uwk
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

ooooh yes, pretty please.
    There's 4 CE houses that are pretty old which can't be obtained anymore and it's sad.

• Everfrost Summer Home - from the Destiny of Velious Collector's Edition
    • Lavastorm Winter Retreat - from the Age of Discovery Collector's Edition
    • Ethernere Enclave - from the the Tears of Veeshan Collector's Edition
    • Dhalgar Precipice of the Deep - from the Terrors of Thalumbra Collectors Edition
  4. Lera Well-Known Member

Why would anyone buy the Collector's Edition or the Premium Edition if all the extra goodies will be available on the loyalty merchant?

If people who bought the regular edition want to pay the upgrade price for the houses, that's fair. And it would help keep the game running. People want everything for free, but then they complain about Oceansfull and lack of content. Or maybe even 2000 DBC for the house would be good, since the collector's edition is one per character and the Marketplace would require buying a new deed for each character.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Excellent idea, yeah, and more likely to meet with the staff's approval. :)

Uwk
    SierraDawn and Alyndrys like this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I have no problem with previous paid items being added to the marketplace.
    Old collectors items from early game and expansions are on Loyalty, so both models are valid.
    As long as they're back in the game for people who weren't there during said expansions (or lacking cash at the time or whatever)
  7. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I like the idea ! I would buy the previous expansions upgrades if they would be available :)
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, so would I! I'd especially get the ToT expansion with the exclusive (sigh) Building Blocks, since I was too busy wanting to Make A Statement and protest about how horrible an idea such a thing was to actually buy it myself (d'oh). Fortunately, I've since gotten tired of cutting off my tail to spite my bottom and gotten the CEs. ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Mirt Well-Known Member

No one is asking for anything for free. I am a monthly subscriber and am asking them to put old houses which can't be obtained anymore on the loyalty merchant. Since I'm a subscriber and login to earn loyalty points, I can buy them. Hence, it's not for free.

Complaining about the content of an event has absolutely zero to do with wanting a house that you can't get anymore, so I don't see how the two relate.

Why poo poo on someone else's suggestion Lera? People were overjoyed when the skyblade skiff was added to the loyalty merchant.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Mirt Well-Known Member

Furthermore, these are houses that you can't possible get anymore, because the CE's are no longer around. Trust me. I've tried.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/nod I'd even be willing to see them on the Marketplace, if that's a concern, with all the other Prestige places. ;)

Uwk
    Rosyposy and elflover like this.
  12. elflover Well-Known Member

I know Id get one of each that i dont have of the expansion houses and more than likely more if i could purchase them. Not asking for the upgrade for expansion but make the homes at least available to purchase on the marketplace. Dont think they understand we are trying to throw our money at them, we want the houses not asking for them for free.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Maybe place a fluff pack on the Marketplace where a player could purchase the house and all the house fluff from a certain expansion as a bundle. I would suggest that they do not offer any of the homes that are newer than 5 years old. I have suggested this previously so that those homes from the earlier expansions were obtainable by either newer players or ones that could not afford the collector's edition at the time it was offered.

I have also suggested that they send an in-game mail to every single account which asks if the players mind if the older homes are offered for sale. See what the player base has to say. I would never want anybody to feel that their purchase of a collector's or premium edition was for nothing because now others could get those limited time items on the marketplace because they waited a couple of years, hence my suggestion of 5 years or older (just realized that this was the time period for the recent name purges as well).

With the aging of the game and the departure of many older players, a lot of these homes will never be seen by newer or returning players and that would be a shame. Somebody put their time and talent into the design of these homes and there will come a time when they are lost to all. I would prefer that we could get a couple of them from the loyalty merchant but I also see this as a viable way for Daybreak to bring in some additional cash with very little expense, it would be almost pure profit.

I would much rather see this than those RNG mercenary and familiar crates. The RNG hates me and I hate the RNG so I avoid it at all costs. I know for me personally, Daybreak would see more income from me, I would buy these homes individually or in a fluff pack. They would have to increase the maximum house limit above 25 though or sell additional house slots as well. However, I would not want anybody to feel stepped on because they were able to afford the collector's or premium editions at the time they were offered. It really is a double edged sword.

I would say that if this is implemented, then any houses or house items that were offered at events like FanFaire or SOE Live would also be available.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have no clue what it is about Daybreak (and SOE before them) that they seem to be allergic to money... :-/

Uwk
    Chikkin, Alyndrys and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

I have the Lavastorm on one of my characters, I didn't get the Everfrost one though because I really didn't care for the way it looked.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We did make a leap forward with the Scorched Sky event this year by being able to buy the tiles and walls and whatnot so that we could create our own lava house.

But I would still be willing to pay for all the older houses not available now. But again, I would not want to step on anybody's toes that got them when they were offered. I have been in game since launch day, but there were bumps along the way when I could not afford the editions to get the houses, that is not the fault of anybody in the game.

If making them obtainable by any means (DBCash or Loyalty) would make the people that already have them feel as if they have been cheated or slighted, I would rather not have them.
    Alyndrys and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think a lot of folks along those lines have already rage-quit over something or other; I haven't heard many potential complaints along those lines at all, at least here, and I do think your idea of limiting it to things that are at least 5 years or older is brilliant! :)

Uwk
    SierraDawn and Alyndrys like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have a problem with them being on the marketplace at all, and neither should the other people. If you made extra for the expansion to get these that's cool you paid. If the things are on the marketplace then those people are paying also, just after the fact. So I don't see why there should be a problem at all. Of course some people do make problems where none exist. But like Uwk said I think most of them have already rage quit LOL
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

I did pay extra for those expansions and see no problem at all with them being out there either on the loyalty merchant or the marketplace. I get one of those houses for every single character I will ever make on any server because I bought the expansions. Anyone new getting one will have to buy them individually for whichever character they want them on. /shrug seems fair enough for for me.

I certainly can't see why anyone (even Daybreak) would have a problem putting them on the marketplace for a few bucks. There's obviously a lot of people who are saying "TAKE MY MONEY" about it.
  20. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I think they are afraid people would postpone buying the CE version and they might rely on the extra money to finish the expansion. Imo they should offer some perks for the CE versions that would become obsolete when the new expansion comes rather than houses, port objects or buffs, people would always ask for those later ! ... and of course they should offer houses, port objects or buffs and later make them available for old and new players :)