Launchpad keeps closing

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Raetear, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Raetear Member

I'm sure this is an ongoing issue or it may have been posted somewhere else.. I cannot find anything that has been posted about this in the last year..
    I uninstalled EQ2 to reinstall it..
    I downloaded the .exe file and open launchpad.. Started download of all 16gb of the game and every time i start, the launchpad closes.. so i have to reopen and start it all over again.. Opened a support ticket, no answer.. Is this really where my monthly sub is going now? fml.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Once upon a time (like, before all the oh-so-helpful "Updates! :D" that were supposed to be doing something; I finally got mine to load and let me in, just a couple of minutes ago), there was a link to the Devspeak "Having trouble with the Launcher? /giggle Follow this link to find out a suggestion! :D" that seems to be gone now. :-/

It might've been helpful, I can't tell, since I don't know where it linked to. :(

Uwk
  3. Raetear Member

Some update.. So i managed to get the launchpad to stay up.. However.. every so often a file fails to download. Says it's corrupted or an update is being done.. So i have to restart.. So annoying.. Any idea how i can get it to download smoothly?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; it does show up on the Message of the Day...once you've successfully logged in, of course. :-/

There was another solution elsewhere in this forum for things, but I'm not sure if it was for the same problem. :-/

Lemme hunt down that first one; I'd responded with it in another thread...brb.

Ah, here was the Message of the Day thing:

Having trouble with the launchpad? Some useful tips can be found from our helpful friends over at EQ2Wire! http://eq2wire.com/2015/08/19/still-having-launchpad-issues-solutions-inside/

Good luck!

Uwk