Launchpad Error 4-503

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Feylone, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Feylone Active Member

My wife has been getting this constantly for the past 3 days. She's opened a ticket with no response. The backdoor launch says versions don't match, run the launcher. Can't verify assets, tried run as administrator. Anyone have some other ideas? She's getting pretty frustrated and as many can tell you, unhappy wife means unhappy life. :p
  2. Twofeets Active Member

This is my 'norm' on both my laptops. I ended up storing a 'backup' copy of Launchpad that works in a separate directory. Whenever the game gives me that error I copy the old working file into the EQ file and run it. It does the update and runs the game. In between patches I simply run EQ2.exe instead of launchpad to avoid the error.

Try redownloading launchpad and saving it in a separate location, then copying it over and running it. If that doesnt work you may need to get an older file from someone else or do a system restore. Ive been dealing with this for years without a proper fix.
  3. flameweaver Well-Known Member

If you google Error 4-503, pretty much every result refers to Launchpad and every one of DBG's current set of games. The consensus seems to be to re-download the Launchpad and select reinstall/repair the installation having deleted Launchpad2.exe first, from your games folder. Using the repair option should only cause LaunchPad to be downloaded.

You can download the setup file from https://www.everquest2.com/home, then mouse over the "Game Info" tab and select "Download Game" from the drop down list of options. This will download a small - around 12K - setup program, run this then make sure you select the second "reinstall/repair option. Once finished, you should be good to go, until at least till the next break.

I've never experienced this problem, but the one thing I never do is to install any game into it's default games directory, especially if the default is anywhere on my C drive and more so if it's the C:/users/public folder.
  4. Feylone Active Member

Tried the everquest.exe and all it does is say versions don't match and to rerun the patcher. I'll have her try to reinstall the Launchpad. just sucks she can't even validate the files. and 3 days of no response by dbg is really pissing her off. lol
  5. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Follow the link in my post above. This will download EQ2Setup.exe and is not the same as Everquest2.exe. The problem is that Launchpad is broken and the only to get it repaired is to download a new copy. Downloading the setup program will both download a new LaunchPad.exe and repair your installation. Once fixed you can then patch.
  6. Feylone Active Member

Gonna have to try the reinstall/repair option. It was working fine until the other day, so not sure what happened. But thanks for the suggestions. We'll give them a go. :)
  7. Nath New Member

Yeeeah, 12k download.. nope 32.2Mb download and then all it is trying to do it re-download the damned game no repair or such. so very very annoyed
  8. Feylone Active Member

Yeah, haven't had the wifey try it yet. She's to frustrated right now. o_O