Launcher stalling out.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by silverthorne, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Patcher isn't working for me, returning player.

Don't format your hard drive hoping to fix DBG's network connection lol...
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have never gone to this game, nor downloaded it, via Steam.

I have noticed over the past couple of months that during the afternoon its difficult to get much done Internet wise. No idea if this is affecting any of you or not. Didn't happen last year that I noticed. Most kids, who play lots of games particularly at my relative's house, are in school by now.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Silkmyst Active Member

Hi,

Same trouble, haven't logged in in awhile, launcher won't patch.

Tried eq2 exe, wrong game version so can't bypass launcher.

Error message "unable to download socketError.Host Not Found (11001-205.185.208.88-http:eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq2" etc.

Tried to validate files, get 3 warnings about eq2 settings, sequencesounds etc.

:(

Thank you to all trying to help.
    Silk
    Cyrrena and Tygg like this.
  4. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Thus far I have tried to no avail:

Running as admin
    Clearing caches
    Validating game assets
    Rerunning patcher
    Updating/repairing the launcher from eq2 website
    Going directly from everquest2.exe file to bypass launchpad
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Tygg New Member

I was given the following troubleshooting steps from my support ticket. I am at work and cannot try them yet, but if you guys would like to try:

Thank you for waiting on me to get back to you. I appreciate it. I would like you to please follow the steps listed below. Please be absolutely sure you have gone through each one of these steps and try twice just to make sure. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. If you have any questions, please be sure to let us know.

Install all of the most recent Windows Updates. Our Launchpad will require assets from the most up to date version of Windows and will likely not run properly unless the operating system is fully updated.

Reset Internet Options by following these instructions: First, make sure to have all web browsers and the Launchpad closed. Next, navigate to the Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options and click on the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab, click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Reset. From the Internet Options advanced tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk" then click Ok.

LaunchPad Cache: If some cached information is preventing the LaunchPad from working properly, you can clear the LaunchPad cache by going to the game's folder and finding the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again.

Anti-Virus / Firewall Software: It is not advisable to fully disable security software, but you will want to make sure the proper exceptions have been made for all security software. You may need to contact the software provider for assistance with settings up the software to work with our games.

Clean Boot: Please try disabling any unnecessary 3rd party start up processes as a test since, in many cases, they may be conflicting with the Launchpad software. Please check out the following article for more information: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216660248-How-do-I-do-a-clean-boot-on-my-computer

Re-install: This is a last ditch effort and is not our favorite suggestion, but in some rare cases, reinstalling the game will resolve an issue.
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

The problem is on DBG's side. The update works and then hangs at the same point because it can't get the files from DBG.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. PetreyTee New Member

The response to my Support ticket indicated that DBG knows that the issue is on their side and they working on it. They advised that I keep trying and let them know if it persists past 24 hours.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Thread was started Saturday, but yea... will keep trying.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. lecithin New Member

Any fix for this? A launcher update? something?

Oddly enough, it seems to be working now. Thank you.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. lecithin New Member

Was able to patch - as of 4:03 Central Time
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Pwalo New Member

From Tygg's post I found this step worked for me:

LaunchPad Cache: If some cached information is preventing the LaunchPad from working properly, you can clear the LaunchPad cache by going to the game's folder and finding the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again.

NOTE: I am running on Linux (Manjaro, K: 4.19.59-rt23-MANJARO) , installed EQ2 a few months ago via Lutris. Game has been running fine. Took a few days out and when I came back today had the exact same connection problem, and for whatever reason launchpad had deleted some files.

After trying the step quoted above, launchpad is now connecting ok and downloading 23G of files (very slowly!! - I have 400 mbps download capacity currently sitting 25-30 mbps)
    Cyrrena and Tygg like this.
  12. Tygg New Member

Let me know if it finishes! I have less than 1mb remaining of game file to download and that's where it fails. Thank you!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Took note. Ty

Summary:
    "WSAETIMEDOUT 10060 Connection timed out. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or the established connection failed because the connected host has failed to respond."
    "WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND 11001 Host not found. No such host is known. The name is not an official host name or alias, or it cannot be found in the database(s) being queried. This error may also be returned for protocol and service queries, and means that the specified name could not be found in the relevant database."
    "WSANO_DATA 11004 Valid name, no data record of requested type. The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for. The usual example for this is a host name-to-address translation attempt (using gethostbyname or WSAAsyncGetHostByName) which uses the DNS (Domain Name Server). An MX record is returned but no A record—indicating the host itself exists, but is not directly reachable."
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/winsock/windows-sockets-error-codes-2
    This is good news for those who care about security of their accounts
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Silkmyst Active Member

My launcher is finally starting to update for the first time today, now. :)
    Thank you for the Dev response and all the techies who helped as above.
    Here's hoping it finishes!
    Silk
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

You all beat me to it but the issue should be fixed now.
  16. Pwalo New Member

Finished downloading and game runs ok on Thurgadin and Kaladim.

good luck all and thanks for sharing your experiences.
  17. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

I'm in!! Thank you for fixing us!
  18. Bufbot New Member

.... so who unplugged what... o_O:D
    /dance!! It is indeed fixed, I was skeptical due to the amount of varying issues on this thread but nice work team!
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Dreamweaver for jumping on this so quickly to help these people.
  20. AXSIS New Member

I'm still not in ?????