Launcher stalling out.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by silverthorne, Sep 21, 2019.

1. silverthorne Member

2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Ok, don't kick again Daybreak - this isn't Microsoft to kick. Which of us knows what your situation is: configuration of your network, programs (especially firewalls), And if we find out then we’ll perhaps get confused even more. (for example, I'am alien [IMG], and I play on linux) So, you already wrote to Daybreak

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    (this forum is just social network that complements gameplay, and not place where someone is obligated for someone decide something. Majority plays normally, and problems occasionally arise for few, and if for many it's very quickly solved), and they answered you what? Wait, I already forgot lot of things, but why is this link in your message? For game you need only one link - this one https://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/EQ2_setup.exe
  3. Pallicus New Member

Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

meh.
    with the expectation that all of the game files are update per last Tuesday's, the 17th patch, one could launch EverQuest2.exe from the %\EverQuest II\% directory, and if it presents one with username/passphrase/Server/Character Name fields, attempt login, and one gets in,...
    it is just LaunchPad.exe itself acting up (/e feigns look of surprise.)
    But yes, invariably, it is one's own F.U.D.ware that is interfering.
    Try disabling AV, FW, Nanny software(s), and try again.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Pallicus New Member

Thank you for this advice. I by passed the launcher and got in!
    Seefar, Rosyposy, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  6. Leyaa New Member

Greetings all.
    I am a new player, never played Everquest II before and was installing EQ2 for the first time when i got a similar error: Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004 - 205.185.208.88 -
    I've tried to set my LAN settings according to this thread https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...le-to-download-socketerror-unreachable.94803/ but it didn't work for me (proxy server for LAN is already unchecked and it didn't help when i checked and then unchecked). I have Windows 7, if that is any help.
    Not sure if your suggestions work for me either, because i have never logged into the game and thus there are no files of my charname, servername, etc. To be honest, i don't find any everquest2.exe, only the launchpad.exe. Furthermore, it doesn't let me uninstall Everquest 2 via the uninstall.exe because a runtime error message appears, stating that "Program:Users/myname~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Uninstaller-1952.exe This application has requested to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." However, it lets me uninstall the game files via the launcher and i can manually delete the files. But that's it.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Bufbot New Member

@Devs - this is simply shocking..
    A small back story - I was a player since launch up until around 2012. Then life happened and I stopped. I have just finished building a PC (Core i9 9900k, 32gb RAM, RTX2070super) 2 days ago and have been trying to get this game working since....!!!!!

I was a hardcore raider back in the day (Even some world firsts) and would love to maybe get back to that level.

What is the crack?

I have;
    1. Completely disabled Firewall (even after adding the Daybreak launcher as a trusted app)
    2. Completely disabled anti-virus
    3. 70mb+ Download speeds
    4. Deleted the 'LaunchPad.cache'
    5. Run as admin
    6. Scoured numerous forums to no avail (Seems like there's been an issue for a while..)
    7. Cursed endlessly
    8. Edit.. The list is endless, nothing works! The launcher just seems to freeze and close. Sometimes not even an error/warning - just closes with the process still running as a background task in taskmanager but not doing anything..
    I am a pretty tech savvy guy but i'm starting to wish I never started this venture.. I do miss this game and would love a fix to this issue ASAP..

I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Tygg New Member

Same problem here. I was playing just fine, then the game would not load the zone I needed for a quest. I exited the game and attempting to do a "Full Game" install - Not it's stuck at this and will not install. I have completely removed all files with and swept it clean, still the same errors. I've been an IT professional for 10 years, this is definitely not a problem on my PC. I submitted a ticket, but am expecting a canned response with ineffective troubleshooting steps that I have already tried. Does anyone know of a different way to obtain a full suite of the game files? That appears to be the only thing missing.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Bufbot New Member

Lord knows SOE doesn't seem to be able to get a cache of them... ;)

Once I get this going, I may even host the files myself....!
    Cyrrena and Sollemne like this.
  10. Sollemne New Member

I'm having the same problem. I tried to log as usual by clicking on the icon on my desktop. But then I got a message from steam saying it would need to reinstall the game. I looked at my steam library and somehow the game was no longer in my library and I had to reinstall it. It only had to rediscover the files but it was really weird that it was just gone. Anyway EQ2 is now showing up in my library, but the launcher is stuck on:

*Error: Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/...zs/bb/655/51e983aa867ec7ebf70b267b282295a756b
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Mnemonic New Member

Same. I don't know if it is part of the issue, but I wasn't able to get into the Erudin Library. The game would crash when I would try and I would get a pop-up telling me to re-patch the game(not verbatim). Deleted EQ2, tried re-installing, and now I am having the same issue as everyone here. Deleted Anti-virus, disabled firewall, cleared cache, administrator priv, reset router, sacrificed a bunny in a circle of black salt, etc....
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Rinova New Member

I am having the same exact issue, even with a full pc reformat and re-disabling all the windows security
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

What I've found is there are times when it takes trying to connect quite a few times before I'm actually able to get into the game.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have sent a private message to Dreamweaver on behalf of all of you asking if he can direct this thread to someone that can assist all of you as quickly as possible.
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks, Cyrrrena! I'm sure they'll all appreciate it!:)
  16. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

I haven't logged in for probably over a month playing other things, and I have sadly gotten this same socket problem. I hope this gets fixed as I would like to start playing again.
    Cyrrena and Juraiya like this.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I am looking into it and will let everyone know once I have an answer/place I can direct you for solutions.
  18. Tygg New Member

You're amazing! Thank you!
  19. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Thank you so much!
  20. Rinova New Member

Adding more info from my experience.
    First thing that happened was I went to open the game and the launcher crashed. I could re-open the launcher but it would close itself and leave phantom programs running. I uninstalled and performed a fresh install and I went to the website to download the launcher/launchpad. It runs, and i get the icon for the launchpad, double clicking the launchpad (double-click, run as administrator, etc) and nothing launches.

So then i reformatted. After which I went to the website to download the launcher/launchpad. It runs, and i get the icon for the launchpad, double clicking the launchpad (double-click, run as administrator, etc) and nothing launches, again.

I decided to download the game through steam instead this time and it appeared to download the game fine, but when I open the launchpad, the game gets stuck halfway through installing.

Here are some screengrabs from the errors im seeing after installing through steam.
    https://imgur.com/a/8AdKLyd
    Cyrrena likes this.