Launcher problems

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Gizlo, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Gizlo New Member

Hiya,

I have been playing the game since 2005 on and off and last weekend I decided to return again.
    Started playing, didn't have to patch anything and all went fine. Bought the upcoming expansion.
    Then I decided to take a look on my characters on an US server, so I switched from EU to US.
    Saw that they were low level and decided to swtich back to EU-server.
    And now I can't login to EU-server anymore. :(

I have no idea how to fix this. Deleting the cache folder didn't help.
    Got some socket error. A lot of files missing?
    I tried running launch-pad as administrator.
    I tried re-installing the game in a different folder, but that doesn't help either.

I am not a technical person.
    Can somebody help me?

Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq2/eq2.sha.zs/4c/9f2/cf5d0819cbcc965d0d6a65
  2. Krupnik Member

I am having exactly the same problem. I play on both the US and EU servers, and now I'm unable to get back to the EU server. I initially get the message:

"The download file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes."in in 20-30 minutes.

3. Gizlo New Member

Well, I restarted my pc and now I can't get to any server anymore. :(
  4. Kyara New Member

5. pituce New Member

6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

There's apparently a problem for the EU region - being discussed here, with input from Roxxlyy.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. coffeeislife New Member

8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The Spousal Unit was trying to log in all day yesterday, he does not have any characters on Thurgadin, the launcher just loads and shuts down immediately. This is the first time I have been able to convince him to log in for more than 3 months and he cannot even get the launchpad to stay up long enough to click the toolbox and do a validate files.

*glares at the Spousal Unit for waiting so long*
  9. Marythios New Member

I am in the US and having this error Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 -
  10. Marythios New Member

I deleted my game this am because i had a lot of game issues so i figured i would do a clean download of game. I also wanted to move the game to my other drive so that I can d/l beta and play. Anyways I cannot d/l the english us version but I can d/l the beta fully and I can d/l the eu but I do not want to play on eu server. It is the US server that will not let me d/l game.
  11. Corisu Member

This morning I got the game to almost work... got to just before character screen on first try, second time was character screen when it went poof (as I was about to click on the alternate appearance button since it apparently defaulted to the older look). At least they working on it I guess.... :). U.S. server.
  12. Gerak Well-Known Member

I have been logging into the Live US servers using the launcher during this latest round of problems. This morning I tried to switch to Test. The launcher stopped as soon as it tried to download files. I cannot login using the launcher now. Fortunately I am able to login to Live US using the exe shortcut from my desktop.
  13. Gerak Well-Known Member

My launcher is still broken (ending when trying to load files for TEST). It does not get to the ability to choose which servers (US, EU, Test, Beta) I want. Therefore I cannot try Beta after I bought the expansion.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, tried the workaround, and it can't find any other world BUT Thurgadin.

Which is fine, I have lots of toons there, but none that I need to do stuff on before the end of the holiday...which is in, lemme see...ah! Four, maybe five DAYS?? >:-/

FYI, Thurgadin was the last server I was playing on, if that helps. :-/

Uwk

EDIT: Hmm! Got in okay now, after downloading 50,000+K of new music files? :confused:

EDIT: Okay, while I did get in, the version is showing 10/10/2018 (the last time the .exe file itself was updated, and was the version I tried before, unsuccessfully, to get in with), and my toon I'm in with right now has no credit for having completed The Haunting, the city haunted house quest. She does, however, have all the rewards from it...weird. :-/
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.