Launcher closes by itself

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Minuit, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Minuit New Member

I tried getting in game today around 12 CST so i could go play with the new frostfell stuff but the launchers closes before i can click play or tools to try to repair launcher
  2. Minuit New Member

Launcher still closes i even rebooted computer and even had it turn off for awhile
  3. Minuit New Member

Hmm 8:15 pm CST still can't keep launcher open to click play
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

might have to re and re sorry.
  5. Castegyre Well-Known Member

We've had a problem similar to this in the past that was related to the firewall on our router. It could be any number of things, really. My launcher is working atm.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  6. Minuit New Member

Re and re??o_O
  7. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

remove and reinstall. i'd check your settings first like gyre suggested, but since you're one of the few with this issue it is most likely something that changed on your end. what OS are you using? firewall? malware/antivirus programs? something changed after the update. worst case you might need to re and re.
  8. Minuit New Member

well i removed rebooted reinstalled and still same problem no error messages but the launcher still closes before i can do anything I am running windows 10
  9. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

do you have DX9 installed? the game wont run without it.
  10. Minuit New Member

I should i was playing the game on Dec 4th and in another game earlier on the 5th how do i check what dx i have
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

there was a recent win10 update, wonder if that messed it up? this is a surface pro and is win10, I delayed the update, but I finally let it through a few days ago and it didn't screw up the game thankfully. no idea how to find dx with win10 sorry.
  12. Minuit New Member

Yes i was wondering that too still cant play
    Maybe next time eq2 updated maybe i will be able to download hope i dont have to wait for windows to update again
  13. Minuit New Member

Hmm was wondering if trying to remove last windows update and rebooting might let me update or redownload eq2
  14. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Its probably not the windows update or directX

Make sure your anti-virus isn't blocking the .exe
    Sejreia likes this.
  15. Minuit New Member

how do i do that??
  16. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Need to know what antivirus you are using to help.
  17. Minuit New Member

Windows defender that came with windows 10
  18. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

19. Minuit New Member

ok found where i add the Exclusion but see i removed the game and tried to reinstall so not sure where the line is i need i did find a what looks like a 2nd copy of the game but i dont see a .exe line ok it might not be a 2nd copy just the game setting like chars info and ui info
  20. Minuit New Member

Oh Happy Day 1 windows update 1 Everquest 2 update and i am finally back in the game since dec 4 finally get to do FROSTFELL stuff:)
    Ceyllynn likes this.