Launcher Character List Issues

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Chasser, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Chasser New Member

Does anyone know how to get their character list that appears on the launcher to be completely refreshed? Mine is missing my main character and shows old deleted characters and also has all the other active characters that I own. Please and thank you in advance for any help on this matter. :)
    Finora likes this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Good question! One of my accounts is doing the same thing. I looked in files, but didn't really know what I might be looking for so just have been logging in to character select.
  3. Chasser New Member

Well I am happy I am not the only person with this issue. I contacted support but was told by the GM that they do not handle the launcher and can not manually correct the problem from their end. I asked them who can help me, but the reply was, "I'm afraid that none of the CS departments interact with the launcher." They suggested posting here in the forums. So although this does not make the game unplayable for me with my main (because she does appear on the character select screen), I would like to figure out how to correct the issue.

Since yesterday I have also noticed that in addition to my main no longer showing up on the launcher character select, she also no longer shows up on the eq2wire.com site. Don't know if that's related but it has happened at the same time as her disappearance from the list.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Umm, do not the CS departments communicate with those who develop and troubleshoot the game? This whole response is, in my opinion, very unprofessional and lacks empathy. We'll take your money while you play the game, but we aren't going to do anything to help you fix the issues you have with it. It's your problem, not ours.

No, this is not an acceptable reply and I would be replying back to them and reminding them that it is my money that is paying their paychecks and they might want to rethink their strategy in regards to fixing issues with the game I pay to play. I haven't had too many bad experiences with customer service myself, but this response just takes the cake. :/
    Chasser, Simparri and Rhodris like this.
  5. Daventure New Member

I am having the same issue as well. I have been trying every fix I can think of, Could it possibly be a synch up issue between our accounts and the launcher itself? I have only received automated answers in emails so far. It is a little disturbing since I signed up for the year, and my main is not one of the characters available.
  6. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Try deleting the cache folders in your EQ2 directory. It might be called "logincache-eu" or "logincache-us".

Keep in mind that this will NOT immediately populate your launcher. What it will do is clear what's currently listed in your launcher. You will then have to go to the character select screen, and then from that point it should populate the launcher correctly.

Merriel: The problem is that Chasser spoke to an in-game GM, which isn't the same thing as a customer support rep. In-game GMs can only help with problems that are occurring within the game itself, and even then can only help with specific kinds of problems. My understanding is that in-game GMs are NOT paid, and do NOT work for DBG. They're similar to Guides; they have access to certain extra abilities in the game, but they certainly aren't all-powerful, and they can't affect anything that isn't inside the game itself.
    Determind likes this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

That didn't work for me the other day. Maybe I just deleted the wrong ones though. I'll try again next time I can actually get on.

Thanks for the suggestion.
  8. Determind Active Member

I am having this issue too. I created a new character and it doesn't show on the launch characters select so I have to go into the game before I can select and play that character. Its inconvenient. I wish there was a simple way to get that list updated.
  9. Allumette Member

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus, as I'm experiencing exactly the same issue with my characters not showing up in the launchpad list -- nor are they showing up (at all) on EQU, which makes me wonder if the issue may be related to the census glitch. (Deleting the logincache folders had absolutely no effect, for what it's worth.)
    Finora likes this.
  10. Chasser New Member

Well my list is back to normal and my char is now showing up on EQ2U... I guess patching today resolved the issue. Just wanted to note this.
    Determind and Juraiya like this.
  11. Bunji Developer

Cnesus exports were off the past week, but are back on as of today's Hotfix.