Launcher Automatically Goes to "Playing" ...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by PsiberDaemon, Sep 26, 2019.

1. PsiberDaemon Active Member

So, an odd one here. Last week, I was able to connect and run, no problems. After the 09/24 update however, when I run the Launcher, it loads, everything seems to be good to go but the "Play" button immediately changes to "Playing" so I cannot launch the game from there. NOTE: I AM able to successfully launch the game directly by everquest2.exe and login with no issue. I have deleted the Launchpad Cache folder from Launchpad.libs but this had no effect. I have 2 accounts, so I tried logging off and logging back in, same behavior. Full restart and full shutdown, also no joy. I would rather not go the route of reinstalling, but if I gotta, I gotta... I'll just back up the UI and Cache (I use the full download) and then just restore after a clean install, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas. Thanks in advance!
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Open up Task Manager and close the EQ2 that's probably playing in the background.
    That's usually how that problem will go away.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

In re-reading your post, the full restart (I'm assuming you mean you shut off your pc) should have fixed the "playing" issue.

You can try the validating files and hopefully just something got glitched after the update.
    Good luck!
  4. PsiberDaemon Active Member

UPDATE: I just backed up the UI folder & PAKS folder and reinstalled, works fine now. Dunno what it was, but it's all good now. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Xianthia like this.
  5. Bunji Developer

Only reason I can think this would happen is if there was a stuck client process running in the background.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.