Launch Player thinking of returning....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Broomhilde, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Broomhilde The Returned

I have been away for years. Any reason to return? Hows the new content? Is the game soloable? The game was full of racists and haters back in the day (as proven by EQ2Flames), is it still that bad? Thanks for any feedback.
  2. Arclite Well-Known Member

1. Reason to return solely depends on yourself. A lot has changed in the game and not in a good way for some its a good change but for some it is not. Will need to find out for yourself. TLE server will be a better place to start. Live server content is...well lets say - like many other games have gone down the route - is trying to appease to the "Fortnite" generation.
    2. The current expansion has a lot of broken content and still not fixed -- Devs have spoken out about this themselves so this is not from a players point of view.
    3. Yes it is very soloable and has been for a couple of years. Your mileage may vary depending on what you want from the game.
    4. They still exist but of course not in the same numbers but there are still some around.
    Welcome back.
    Faelfreeblood and Dude like this.
  3. Broomhilde The Returned

Thanks for the feedback!
    Dude likes this.
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

EQ2 Flames went down...in...ummm...flames.

Like most older games, EQ2 is very end game focused these days. If you want to solo, I highly recommend you stick with the Liver servers. TLE server are not solo friendly.

New content?....well that depends on how long you have been gone. There could be quite a bit of new content for you.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Broomhilde The Returned

EQ2Flames went down in flames? LMAO! I knew it went offline a while ago, didnt know the details. I always liked LFG btw, he was cool and I got along fine with him. But boy did that site show how many haters, racists, and misogynists were in the game. What I had been saying all the time while playing the game.

As for the game Id love to run around Freeport on my Defiler again, do some crafting and solo some stuff quietly. Im playing WOW atm and raiding there, dont need to raid in EQ2 atm. I'll check out the Live servers then. Thanks.
  6. Faelfreeblood Active Member

A game is a game, the only politics anyone should concern yourself in game, is those of freeport, halas Narik and qynos. Think Lucan and queen Chrisy, and the good queen. Lean ultra (insert lore figure/home city faction Here from eq2). One can have fun rping these concerns!
  7. Disrption Active Member

It's important to know that if you come back and want to play End-Game you'll need to kill almost every raid mob and complete every heroic zone from the last expansion to get Runes that buff Fervor to be on par with most End-Game raiders. I returned for BoL and missed that last xpac so I have been playing a game where I do almost 150% less damage/heals that those that have these runes. The difference is pretty pronounced, and there is no way to catch up on Fervor from current content, and you'll end up a Solo player because of how much you are gimped by lack of Fervor.

So if you want to play the End-Game you first need a guild to run you through the entire last expansion to be ready for the current one. If you can find a group willing to do that then and only then will you experience the current xpac.
    dirgenoobforreal and Jrox like this.
  8. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

You only need to do Molten Caldera flawless, plus Soren the Vindicator. For the fervor runes that is.

It's Kunark Ascending or Planes of Prophecy where you need to clear a lot more flawless for the buff. Most of KA can be solo'd, PoP is a bit tougher to get the flawless.
  9. Broomhilde The Returned

WOW Ok, thanks, great info.
  10. Broomhilde The Returned

Ah, the first Hater! Knew you trolls couldnt resist! I have no doubt in my mind that EQ2 is still the same, LOL, thought I would ask just to hear someone say it. And BTW WOW Trade chat is fine, no misogyny, no racism whatsoever. What a damning indictment on EQ2 especially since I heard nothing but bad things about WOW while I played EQ2. Its a great game with great staying power. And the resets each expansion allow for new player influx. unlike EQ2. But I'll come back if I want to, not based on the opinion of silly haters. Looking forward to it actually.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  11. Jrox Well-Known Member

Don't forget months of the CD PQ's and heroics for the Celestial Ascension spell upgrades everyone else is close to finishing up with.