Launch pad will not update

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Backstabbber, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Graffix New Member

yep I'm in too
  2. Leifek New Member

Got the standard automated emailed response from DG to my ticket. I wonder if they will ever let the ones affected know what happened? Do they even know?
  3. Jamiss Developer

There was a downstream issue. I completely forgot to mention anything in this thread, but it was noted and passed on to our team to handle it. It got resolved close to midnight PST last night.
    suka and Prissetta like this.
  4. silverthorne Member

Apparently not for everyone was it fixed. Tried yesterday, tried today and files not found or unreachable. help needed here.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

You realize that this was a huge necro, right? The last post on the thread before yours was from 2016. I can pretty much guarantee that the problem WAS fixed, and that you're running into something completely different.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  6. Beanno New Member

Absolutely certain "the problem WAS fixed"? You a DEV intern?

Players continue to ask about DX9, voice chat, mercenary inaction, and the list goes on, problems that remain unresolved after Years. But continue to crop up.
    Frogwarp likes this.
  7. silverthorne Member

still not working for me. tried uninstalling the game, reinstalling and still nothing..
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I suggest you start a new thread for your issue(s) as this one you posted in was for issues from December 2016
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  9. Frogwarp New Member

Intermittent problem for me for years.
    Not surprised it comes and goes with major patches. May fix itself with next weeks patch.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/forum-guidelines.8/
    We also do not allow posting a new thread on a topic that is already being discussed, as it spreads conversation out and makes it harder to gather the appropriate feedback.

Looks like new op read forum guidelines. Using existing thread for continuing prob.

Breanna and Dude like this.
    OH. Looks like FOUR players know what permanent fix tis.

How. About. Telling. Us.

"I'll wait." Feldon
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It was nothing WE had to do. The December 2016 issue had to do with a BUG that was fixed by DAYBREAK.

A developer post just a few above yours, which you apparently failed to look at:
    So this issue - even if it has the same symptoms - is NOT the same issue. Two entirely different diseases can have the same symptoms; this is the same sort of thing.

Yes, it MIGHT be the DirectX 9 issue. Probably not, if the recent poster has DirectX 9. And even if your problem has been going on for years, it is STILL not the specific issue that was addressed in this thread. Posting on this thread only confuses matters.

The fact that a dev responded back in 2016 means that another dev is extremely unlikely to look at this NOW, once he realizes that it's an old issue that was already resolved. Creating a new thread would make it more likely that a developer would actually take a peek at the thread, to see if it's something new that should be looked at.
    Kuulei and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Frogwarp New Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/launcher-stalling-out.590632/

Can I get a refund on that warranty/guarantee?

Certain some one, there's always one, will say 'new thread idea worked.' It '''''worked''''' because someone called a real red name, not wait for someone to maybe notice. Because the thread was a second attempt to get help.

Like blocking an exit, and people find another exit. And the person blocking the exit exclaims, 'I told you using that second exit works better.' Sadly something similar happened during a large building fire. That person's defense fast walked them to jail.

Meanwhile:
    It was the same issue. Not that you would know, as you never asked me about it. You just assumed.
    Same issue from 2016; I was there. As it is again in 2019. As it will be again in the future.

In the future when a group of someone's want to spin wheels shutting down a help request for this issue, which will continue to crop up, think about this:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/launcher-stalling-out.590632/
    Downstream - data from Daybreak to all of us.
    You can patch or resolve a downstream issue, but you can't permanently fix it. Because Daybreak's data and data delivery methods are always changing. Weekly system patches for one. Addition of events another. Every time Daybreak makes a change to data and to how data is sent downstream, there's a chance of creating a bug.

Hold my beer. Microsoft

I figured that out by Googling downstream. Enlightening. Maybe people who offer opinions as techno fact, which are not facts at all, should try this.