Launch pad will not update

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Backstabbber, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Leifek New Member

Just had my friend who hasn't played for a while try to log on. You guessed it, same issue!

I tried downloading the game from the website. As somebody mentioned, dead link there also. Glad I only deleted my Launchpad cache!
  2. Backstabbber Member

Yup I just tried to reinstall the game. DAYBREAK sucks for customer service.!!!!
  3. Naokim New Member

Seeing same complaints via tweets to @DaybreakHelp with basically every game they service
  4. Rhino1950 New Member

Wow are they even trying to fix this issue I think not.
  5. Leifek New Member

Nope, the day is gone and I wasn't able to log onto EQ2 or Landmark. No response from DG on the issue. Really disappointing, I have had issues before but they were usually addressed and resolved quickly, especially logon issues.
  6. Naokim New Member

Nearing 12 hoirs since I first encountered a problem and I'm sure others had this problem even earlier than me.
  7. Griffinhart Member

It is a bit surprising that they wouldn't jump on the problem when you can't even download the patcher from their site.
  8. Deadpyre New Member

Aye this problem popped up when moving a character into a zone I haven't been in before LFay, leading to cleaning cache and then trying to reinstall. Been just over 12 hours here, but I imagine it must have been due to the change yesterday.
  9. Naokim New Member

hah, was about to buy the expansion and start the monthly pay.. only been back a bit was about to delve into adventuring after a stint in the tradeskill instance...

welp.. download link downloads the client now, random occurrence or progress, you decide! Without an official response we can only theorize :eek:
  10. Backstabbber Member

You know I started this thread and see that I am not the only one here having a problem and you think someone from Daybreak would at least write in this thread that they are aware of the problem and that they are trying to fix it. Or just tell FU we got your money we don't have to fix anything so at least we all know where we stand. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!
  11. CrurosWolfswift New Member

Yep, still same issue here. Already tried about anything possible user-end including cache removal, different DNS settings...etc. Even without a planned fix you'd think acknowledgement of the issue would be the bare minimum level of customer service.
  12. Kiaristorm Member

Same issue game wont patch have been trying all day. I did put in a ticket about it. Havent seen any thing from daybreak saying they are working on a fix or that they are aware.
  13. Graffix New Member

Same.. same error tried all the fixes (cache's updates etc.) put in a ticket and nothing.. Wed is my EQ2 night and I was unable to play at all. Seriously Daybreak at least acknowledge us a little and say you are looking at it... sigh.
  14. Tigar New Member

I've been trying all day long to log on but its not happening. This never happened since I've been playing this game for more than14 years. This is very disrespectful toward all players. I am very, very disappointed!
  15. CrurosWolfswift New Member

So submitted the following ticket:

"Your patcher fails to patch its files. I uninstalled, attempted to re-download patcher, and now https://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/EQ2_setup.exe is a completely dead link, does not load, and does not offer a download. It loads a blank page with no file download. I DO NOT HAVE A POPUP BLOCKER, I DO NOT HAVE CACHE FILES ANYMORE, I DO NOT HAVE A CLIENT INSTALLED ANYMORE, AND I DO NOT HAVE NETWORK PROBLEMS. Please offer a fix ASAP, and do not ask me to troubleshoot the above options, as none of them have worked. If you could also send me a new eq2_setup.exe link that actually works, that would be helpful."

No real person reply yet, immediately received an automated response asking for the specific things I told them are not the problem in my initial email. Noticed since then that their setup link works again, but the launcher itself seems to be unable to, well, launch. Launchpad.exe*32 stuck at 0% CPU usage and 5,428K memory usage for about 10mins. Clearly it's doing nothing, that's off a fresh installation.

To add some salt to the wound, my wife sitting next to me was able to log in and play. So guess I'm going to copy her file directory and see if that solves the problem, since auto-patching seems completely broken.

And to update, I now have the launcher open that was running in the background for so long, and it found
    Checking game installation...
    Found 2,344 file(s) to update.
    Creating help/de/helpfile_advancement_skills.vm
    Creating help/de/helpfile_buying_selling_markets_brokers_marketsearching.vm
    Creating chrome/Plugins/placeholder.txt
    *Warning: Retrying chrome/Plugins/placeholder.txt
    *Warning: Retrying help/de/helpfile_buying_selling_markets_brokers_marketsearching.vm
    *Warning: Retrying help/de/helpfile_advancement_skills.vm

Which at least this time are different files that it is stuck on, but still seems to be the same exact problem of the patcher is completely unable to reach the files it requires.
  16. squince New Member

ive talked to them , had my ticket auto replied for the past 8 hours . day break games ... really lived up to their name huh?
  17. CrurosWolfswift New Member

So after DIRECTLY copying all of my wife's files (she's still able to run the game on her PC), I can actually get past the launcher, but the client gets stuck at "Preloading cache" 80% and jumps down from 113mb to 83mb in the bottom right corner. After that it simply poops itself and calls it a day.
  18. Naokim New Member

Got up to make some coffee before I get the kids awake for school and hit retry on the launchpad and bam.. download starts now
  19. Leifek New Member

Update: I was able to launch EQ2 and Landmark this morning. They both were able to connect and download the needed files.
    I don't know what happened and no word from DG on what happened. I lost a full day and didn't even get a chance to do my daily tasls. Oh well.
  20. Naokim New Member

yes! A full 25 hours later I have finished my download and logged on! Almost hesitant to begin to reconfigure my ui :D