Launch pad will not update

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Backstabbber, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Backstabbber Member

I can not get in game. I click on Launch pad and it will not update at all. I tried rebooting my system but nothing. It was working before the update on Tue. All the other updates no problem. I don't get an error code I get nothing it just closes down. I have Windows 10 and a brand new computer so nothing on it. 64bit 1 tera bit 8 g Ram so there is plenty for this game. I have never had a problem until this last update. Although I could not download the beta it did the same thing. Please help I pay for this game to work everyday.
  2. Beena Member

I have the same issue going on. The patcher won't run/update. I keep getting a Host Not Found message. I also have been playing everyday without any issues until this update. Any ideas??
  3. Melisse New Member

launcher gets stuck trying to update app_cache.dat
  4. Beena Member

I have put in a ticket and of course they are telling me to check my internet connections. (standard copy/paste reply). I have run diagnostics on my system and there are no issues there. And the fact that I'm not the only one tells me it's not my system!
  5. Zeddicaus New Member

I am having the same problem. System rebooted network checked everything on my end is fine. Apperently something is going on on their end.
  6. Kokorobosoi Active Member

Same here, on three different computers.
  7. Bryna New Member

I have been attempting to log in and get nowhere...not impressed =(
  8. Zeddicaus New Member

I have tried every troubleshooting suggestion made in the support page and still nothing launchpad will just not update. My Internet connection is fine I can get every place in the world with it so the issue is not on my end. I know there is an update available from Tuesday which activates frost fell for this year but cannot get it. I wish daybreak was on their toes with this. Granted there are only four players or five admitting that there is an issue but this is not peak time for playing. Are they going to wait until 2000 players are screaming on the forums before something is done? I do know I have payed a subscription for access to the game with the understanding there would be down times for maintenance but this is not now the game should be running according to their own statements. Please do something so everyone is able to get online Daybreak.
  9. Leifek New Member

Same issue here. Tried everything. Same exact thing happens with Landmark when I try to launch it.
  10. Zeddicaus New Member

I received Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq2/eq2.sha.zs/08/d76/653fe03adc49b00b83d with more numbers at the end from the launcher. I did a traceroute with the following results;

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\####>tracert eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com

Tracing route to cds.a4p3v6b8.hwcdn.net [205.185.208.88]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 369 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 18 ms 24 ms 22 ms core-mas.slic.com [65.172.241.1]
    3 28 ms 18 ms 16 ms te0-0-0-0.nr12.b015384-0.syr01.atlas.cogentco.co
    m [38.122.120.137]
    4 17 ms 16 ms 16 ms te0-0-2-1.rcr12.syr01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.24
    .19.73]
    5 30 ms 29 ms 31 ms be2771.ccr22.alb02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.41
    .138]
    6 34 ms 23 ms 25 ms be2916.ccr42.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.41
    .62]
    7 28 ms 30 ms 36 ms be2061.ccr21.jfk05.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.3.
    70]
    8 22 ms 22 ms 22 ms 38.122.110.130
    9 45 ms 33 ms 41 ms 209.197.17.6
    10 32 ms 23 ms 22 ms unknown.hwcdn.net [209.197.31.221]
    11 23 ms 31 ms 28 ms vip088.ssl.hwcdn.net [205.185.208.88]

Trace complete.

As you can see my path to the update server is free and reachable. Daybreak the issue is on your end not mine.
  11. Naokim New Member

Problems here too :confused:
  12. Backstabbber Member

What I don't understand if everyone is having this problem at least some of us why do they think it is our internet connection. Really do they think we are a bunch of dopes that we did not check all the stuff 1st. I am trying to uninstall and to reinstall but that shut it down too. At least with Sony there was a place to call but, not with Daybreak.
  13. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Who are your DNS hosts? Just a thought I'm having in case there have been cache changes, as there was a similar issue with domains a little while ago.
  14. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I had zero issue, but my hubby could not finish the process. It did the DL, albeit very slowly, then it stopped installing with 3% to go. Tried several times, so I had him bypass the launcher and he got in. While he is at the office, gonna launch game on his PC and see if it will complete or not.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

mine updated after i deleted the launchpad cache- found in the launchpad lib folder
  16. Backstabbber Member

How do you bypass the launch pad . Thank you
  17. Backstabbber Member

That was one of the things I did I wish mine worked:(
  18. Zeddicaus New Member

As I stated before I did a trace route to the update server and there are no problems evident. When I attempt to launch the program under the settings of the launchpads and Update File list I get the following;

Updated File List

Checking game installation...
    Found 30 file(s) to update.
    Patching paks/Char_A.vpk
    Patching paks/Char_ACC.vpk
    Patching paks/appcache.vpk
    *Warning: Retrying paks/Char_A.vpk
    *Warning: Retrying paks/appcache.vpk
    *Warning: Retrying paks/Char_ACC.vpk
    *Warning: Retrying paks/Char_A.vpk
    *Warning: Retrying paks/appcache.vpk
    *Warning: Retrying paks/Char_ACC.vpk
  19. Backstabbber Member

Me too.
    Updated File List
    UFound 230 file(s) to update.
    Creating help/de/helpfile_advancement_spells_combatarts.vm
    Creating chrome/Plugins/placeholder.txt
    Creating help/de/helpfile_buying_selling_markets_brokers_marketsearching.vm
    *Warning: Retrying chrome/Plugins/placeholder.txt
    *Warning: Retrying help/de/helpfile_buying_selling_markets_brokers_marketsearching.vm
    *Warning: Retrying help/de/helpfile_advancement_spells_combatarts.vm

*Warning: Retrying help/de/helpfile_buying_selling_markets_brokers_marketsearching.vmpdated File List

Found 230 file(s) to update.
    *Warning: Retrying help/de/helpfile_buying_selling_markets_brokers_marketsearching.vm
  20. suka Well-Known Member

mine was telling me it couldn't update certain maps. i did a lot of troubleshooting to get it to work. i first ran a virus check on my computer to make sure it wasn't me. and i restarted the computer. then i deleted the cache. i also deleted these files: cache folder (does not apply to Steam users)
    eq2_recent.ini
    eq2_default.ini
    EverQuest2.exe
    eq2.ini
    launchpad.cache
    and followed these steps.
    Next, delete the configuration files/folder by following these instructions:
    1. Open the EverQuest II LaunchPad. (Do not login at this time.)
    2. Click Advance Tools, Open Game Directory, then close the LaunchPad.
    3. Look for any files explained above and delete them.
    4. Close all open folders and restart EverQuest II using the LaunchPad to login and play.
    If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.
    i was having more problems than just the launchpad. when i bypassed it, i found parts of the world missing and a lot of lag and very slow loading times. these things helped me a lot.
    you might also want to check to make sue nothing major changed on your computer since yesterday that might interfere. and make sure your video files are up to date.