Lanet's Scream... post patch...

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Havlen, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

I logged on for a little bit and threw off a couple of screams and it did about the same damage as it was doing pre-patch.

I must say, I'm underwelmed. I was hoping it'd at least do 200-300 damage.
  2. ARCHIVED-Haddad Guest

May I ask what lvl you are and what version of Lanet's you were using? (app 1, 3 , adept?).
    Anyone know where the adept 1 may drop? Never seen it, even on brokers / fence.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jziad Guest

app1 lanets seems to do about 50 damage when it wears off after patch, thats on solo blue mobs. I may get around to upgrading it soon though.
  4. ARCHIVED-Samet Guest

24 Dirge, I threw 83 damage on a blue solo con with my adept I Lanet. This is the same damage I was doing before the patch so I bugged it. I don't think it actually got upgraded.
  5. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

I am using Adept I and am lvl 32. It was doing around 100-150 before and doing the same now. This is compared to the 300+ it was doing before it was initially nerfed many, many levels ago.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jziad Guest

What i want to know is how much this actually debuffs, so as to know its use at all. As it seems the damage component is secondary anyway. But if it doesn't debuff a great deal I don't see why at adept 1 it doesnt at least do 200 or so, I know it can be cast while moving but well so can some of our others (some i'd expect sadly of course to see um changed tbh). Also considering the damage a brigand can kick out in a fight with something like ruse, 200-300 damage on a spell that may or may not even see its full duration on a mob isnt that high.

I'm all for keepnig some of the mystery in the game, and I'm not a great fan of number crunching, but as a class with a fair few debuffs, a little better idea of the effectiveness of certain of our debuffs would help alot.

Message Edited by Jziad on 01-07-2005 02:22 AM
    Message Edited by Jziad on 01-07-2005 02:24 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-pheonyxe Guest

I gots adept 1 Lanets.

No noticeable change in damage

Beefstick Malone
    36 dirge
    Lucan
  8. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

Everyone needs to bug report this every night you log on if your high enough to have it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Haddad Guest

I am attempting to gage my damage with this ability. Where does the report for this appear? I do not see any report under melee damage or non melee or spell damage on any of my chat screeens.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ailsa Guest

I would like to know this also. Can someone post a screenshot showing the damage text in their combat text window or something? I have tried using Lanet's and then just going to auto-attack mode so as to try to catch the relevant text in my combat text window but I don't see it. What am I missing? I show all combat/spell text in that window with the sole exception of OTHER's spell/combat hits/misses.

I want to know the exact wording of the damage.
  11. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

It doesn't go to the chat screen nor do I think it is logged, though it might be. It is easiest to test solo -- it comes up like damage being done to the mob by another player (grey instead of orange). I believe this is so that the damage isn't applied to the bard's hate.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jziad Guest

yeah it applies asnon bard damage, i think muge in the way the brigand ruse is applied. If you land the killing blow with it, it'll say the creature died from pain and suffering, not that you killed it. So unless you are solo, its hard to spot.
  13. ARCHIVED-prisoner17 Guest

Caskin's Ringing Swipe is nice, I took that one and Jonathan's Whistling Warsong. The swipe is on the same timer as taffo's though, and its a flank attack. For groups I have to say it rocks. At 20 I am hitting for 70 - 110 , and it does 3 ticks of 27 dmg afterward.
  14. ARCHIVED-prisoner17 Guest

Hmm this is on the wrong thread =p Sorry. Dunno how that happened
  15. ARCHIVED-pheonyxe Guest

I use Lanets as my pull when soloing, so I noticed this right away today:

1) when the bomb goes off, the Scream damage is now reported in text

2) at lvl 36, against a blue feral lasher in Enchanted Lands, Lanets Adept 1 detonated for 577 points.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it hasnt gone that high again since, but getting consistent 480+ off of it

Beefstick Malone
    36 Troll Dirge
    Lucan D'Lere
  16. ARCHIVED-Tsoe Guest

As of this morning, my 25 dirge is doing 250-290 dmg consistantly with Lanet's App II
  17. ARCHIVED-Haddad Guest

I was using app1 Lanets to pull (green) crabs on Nek beach for EL quest - it was hitting for 190 - 200 at lvl 25
  18. ARCHIVED-raptorjb007 Guest

Interesting, Ive been using adept1 and when I etsted it on grey rats in anatonica it went off for 98, 95, 88.....
    exactly the same number on giants and centaurs in TS.

So, maybee there is anouther issue at hand.
  19. ARCHIVED-Eramalis Guest

Right after the big patch on Thursday, I tried out Lanet's on grey solo mobs. Adept 1, level 28, it did around 100+, about the same as pre-patch. However, after the update on Friday, my Lanet's did 500++ to the same mob. Maybe they forgot to change it during the Thursday patch :smileyvery-happy: Anyway, i'm very happy now!
  20. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

Yeah, they obviously didn't patch it Thursday but patched it Friday. I was doing anywhere from 380sh to 550sh today with it.