Lanet's Excruciating Nerf

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Tekkor, Dec 9, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

Man they are taking a while to "revist" this arent they? Its been a couple weeks since they nerfed Lanet's into oblivion. The song is really for all intents and purposes worthless right now. I can think of at least 3 ways to fix the issue of kiting they claimed it caused.

I think this is a case of since the Dirge community is so incredibly small...they are not making it any sort of priority to fix it.

I tried PM'ing Mooregard a few minutes ago asking about the status to it and offering suggestions. No idea if it will help. Probably not. Perhaps if more of us PM him making the subject "Lanet's ever getting fixed?" and offering your feelings on it eventually it will help?

It's just really frustrating to have a song that is 100% useless as it is.
  2. ARCHIVED-Najib Guest

Dirges are the Shadow Knights of EQ1 in terms of being ignored by the Devs. They won't fix this song because like you said, they view us as a small community. Its funny when you think about it, you would think they would want to make each and ever class "desirable" so that they are played but instead they nerf something and then totally forget the class.

I /feedback this every day and will continue to do so.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kahna Guest

I realize that you are upset, but PMing the devs will not get you a response, They have stated this multiple times. Suggesting that others flood the Devs with PM's is likely to get you a talking to, Please realize that the devs have a lot of work on their hands, and that every class feels it has problems that need immediate attention. The Devs are aware of the problem, and when they come up with a solution it will be fixed.

It may take some time, as they have to brainstorm a solution and test it internally then test it some more then release it. Better to have the fix work than to have to go back a few weeks later and change it again.

Twists
    22 Ratonga Dirge
    26 Tailor
    Crushbone Server
    Knights of Winter
  4. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

I don't think it takes a genius to figure out that the solution for kiting is to make the spell unable to be cast while on the move. That should have been as easy of a fix as nerfing the damage to 1/5th of what it was. As it stands, that is a really big hit for Dirges in terms of damage output.

I certainly wouldn't mind having to stand still to cast it if it were worth the casting time.

I do think it should have been addressed by now since it has been so long but, hey, they haven't even fixed Waylon Marsh yet.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Perhaps I missed when this happened, but what was the spell before and after? We're talking about our little AE bard nuke right? For a mid teen ability it does about 50-60 AE damage for me right now (lvl 26). Not bad for the swarm mob encounters. It's a situational spell anyway, I don't see the big problem.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

bleh, I'm at work right now. Think I got my spells mixed up and can't figure out how to edit. I'd still like to know the before/after nerf of this spell.
  7. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

It isn't the AoE nuke, it is the debuff that does a DD when the debuff ends. Previous to the nerf it would do around 350 damage, after the nerf it did about 70 damage. Basically, it did 20% of the damage it used to do -- a sizable nerf to the bard's damage output.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zoxo Guest

You think you guys are in pain? I have Master I of this spell and it's doing less than Apprentice 1 DD songs around the same level. It's completely sad, When sony tries to "FIX" something they "BREAK" it even MORE before revamping it. *sigh* and yes Dirges are a minority, don't expect this to be complete anytime soon, and even if/when they do fix, underline on the "if". They will stealth fix it, and probably won't say a word to us about it. *shrug* Whats pissing me off is I have several level 38+ songs that are completely broken. I have an Encounter Stun Song that is 100% resistable. I can't even hit a level 5 mob with it. Pretty funny huh?

-Pilfer 46 Dirge on Unrest
    Message Edited by Zoxo on 12-16-2004 12:16 AM