Land of Designs

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Valzen, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Valzen Well-Known Member

Hey all! I was inspired by Cheri's and some others' design portal houses (excellent, btw), and wanted to do my own, and then go a step in a crazy direction. Therefore my insanity kicked in and I asked myself, "Why not a place to show some homes that are kind of like replicas?" That way, the tourist can get an idea of what the house will look like before deciding to enter. I even tried to replicate the trees, flowers, etc. Not sure it worked out the way I planned. lol

And so it began: Valzen's Land of Designs. Halls of Fate server. Qeynos side. Recently published. Massive homes.

My clone will be there to greet you at entrance. You can walk down the path and click on doors to enter the homes. As you go around the bend, you'll notice a "mountain". OK, it's ridiculous, but I wanted to have my snowy homes in there and couldn't think of a better way. lol

I'll be adding to it until 1200/1200 items is reached, and so it will almost always be in the newly published category.
    Then maybe another will be started if I don't regain some sanity by then.

Thank you fro looking. *hugs*

PS: Not all the homes you enter will have a direct portal back to the Land of Designs because they'd been published already and I didn't want to unpublish just to place a portal. So hopefully it wont be too much to get back via leaderboards to continue the touring.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Zhaanish, Eradani, Afista and 7 others like this.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Love the idea of the replica housing to depict what one might find in the actual home. Will have to visit this in person. Not so crazy an idea, at all. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Valzen like this.
  3. Febrith Well-Known Member

Good grief doing one house is bad enough but looking at those pictures it must have taken you aaaages:) I'll be over later to ooh and aaah!
  4. Valzen Well-Known Member

Thank you, Merriel. I needed that reassurance. lol Hope to see you over there! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Valzen Well-Known Member

Aww thanks so much! Not really, it was about a week or two on and off. See you there!
  6. Febrith Well-Known Member

Seriously a couple of weeks /boggle - I need to give up work - I love love looooove (I've seen too many of Niboota's videos I think, I'm always saying/singing "loooove") it! ("I dig it!").
    The mountain is brilliant and I love the multitude of little dwellings that you've hand made, they're gorgeous - oh and I'm dying to see your Snowy Dwelling when you re/publish it.

Also, whilst I was there I went into your Kromzek Keep and there's just too many things to mention that are all kinds of awesome in there - the mouse hole doors made me smile; the clock tower is pure genius, as are the chairs made of sweets and the gingerbread swing with the wall shackles, so clever. Also, the pond with the gingerbread skaters and his skates! I had the same thought of a gift shop to get rid of my billion snow globes, candles and poinsettias and I loved what you've done, I could actually move into that village, I think you have amazing talent!
  7. Valzen Well-Known Member

How very kind of you to visit and comment. Thank you so much. I'm blown away. Shef's town has been around for a year and I still go in and read the story sometimes just to keep me humble. :) I have tweaked it recently with a few of the new frostfell windows, though.

No, don't stop working. LOL I work full time, but had a light couple weeks there. So, I was able to game at longer intervals than usual. ;)
  8. Febrith Well-Known Member

Well you used your time wisely! And I meant to say that the story you wrote as an introduction was quite charming - I'm curious as to what happened to Shef, is there more to his story - whence did he go (perhaps to bring magic to another of your creations?) - I don't think I'd ever want to leave if I was him!
  9. Valzen Well-Known Member

In the bakery shop you will see a tapestry with the sign underneath "In Memory of Shef". :(
    He relinquished life, unfortunately, to nothing more than very old age. I know.... sad, but he was happy before he died and that's what matters.
  10. Febrith Well-Known Member

Aww I missed that - well, he lives on in that happy place at least!
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe in a way, he is still out there, bringing magic to her creations... :)

And I'll be over there to visit tout suite, boss (her guild has all of my toons on Halls of Fate)! Love your stuff! ;->

Uwk
    Valzen likes this.
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

OMG!!! Seriously your stuff is so crazy good. So many unique buildings. I have to retour all your houses to make sure I didn't miss any from after Niboota did a video of one of your places. I see you have updated at least one of them with the new expansion stuff too!!! In the Halfpint Vale house. The dragon holding action figure is so cute. So much to steal...so little time!!! :):cool::rolleyes::D
  13. Goldinrae Active Member

This is a such a great idea and brilliantly done. I love all the differently styled buildings- very clever.

So many others to look through, I couldn't resist popping in to a couple. The gingerbread place also drew my attention. Great stuff :)
  14. Valzen Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments! *hug*
  15. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

Wow very impressive!
    Valzen and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Fooled me the first time; I went to go "into" one of the model homes (I've often seen signs like that for a housing development, but this is literal! ;)), only to discover it was just a Block or Divider, with the portal sunk in just behind the door. :D

Uwk
    Valzen likes this.