Land of Death

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-HBP, Nov 29, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-HBP Guest

Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of this zone (Land of Death)?

It's over on eq2.gamepressure.com.....http://eq2.gamepressure.com/maps.asp?ID=118
    Message Edited by HBP on 11-29-2005 11:13 PM
    Message Edited by HBP on 11-29-2005 11:14 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-vikingsrock Guest

The reward weapons for the quest in there seem to be a little too good to be true... Who knows i guess we have to go and check it out but im rather sceptical.
  3. ARCHIVED-Amise Guest

Nothing about the map or it's description rings true (for example the weapon damages are way off. A dual wield weapon that does 100-200 base damage isn't gonna have a damage rating of 39, not to mention the fact that the damage range is just too wide to be believable). I'd be surprised if it turned out to be real. :p
  4. ARCHIVED-Niteflyx Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

Heh, makes me glad I never use gamepressure. Looks like they'll print any junk you send them.
  6. ARCHIVED-HAWAIIAN WARLORD Guest

I swam around for an hour in the bay of anuk and did not turn up anything. There are a few things that make me think it is fake and it is not about the weapons.
    1. You have to wait till all the beasts are gone. What beasts?
    2. There are no mabs in the water. Where in SS are there no mobs in the water?
    3. Need water breathing cause the water is really deep. There is no water that deep around the Bay of Anuk.
    4. The dungeon is really rare. What does that mean? You have to spawn it? If so how do you or is it just a luck thing that it happens to be there when you are around.
    It sounds bogus to me. I looked and never found it. And would SOE reall put a heritage in azone that is rare?
  7. ARCHIVED-smoody Guest

I spent 45 minutes last night looking for this zone and will agree that nothing about the description of how to find it rings true. This appears to be a hoax.
    Fredethel
  8. ARCHIVED-Pathin Merrithay Guest

To anyone that thought this was true even for a second... I've got this awesome bridge I want to sell you.
  9. ARCHIVED-HAWAIIAN WARLORD Guest

Why shouldn't we think that it is true? Yes it seems a bit messed up but it came from a reliable website. I am disapointed that they posted it and if it is true it is going to suck to be you.
  10. ARCHIVED-Pathin Merrithay Guest

Saffira's Reasons Why This is Bogus...

1) The person who posted it types like a child. I'll grant you, that's a good chunk of gamers these days, and certainly not an immediate dismissal... But in general, I distrust anyone with no grammatical skill.

2)I quote from the site... 'You get here via Sinking Sands. It is not on the Sinking Sands map! You get here via the water at the Bay of Anuk. Jump down when all beasts are gone.. in the water are no mobs.' So the user has an issue with LOC? What 'beasts' is he referring to? And in the Bay of Anuk? It's not like it hasn't been scoured already by several hundred PC's across dozens of server for the last 2 months or anything... Where exactly is this mystical 'entrance with no beasts?'

3) He claims to have zoned in with sneak on... And the zone has lots of 50+ mobs and 50+ Master drops... Umm, yeah. How often can one person zone in, kill groups of 50+ and get multiple '50+ Masters' by himself? Pretty bloody rare, but again... Potentially doable.

4) A new heritage Quest called... 'An Really Heavy'. Let me repeat that. 'An Really Heavy'. Ok... Right.

5) The Items. Really, this is the clincher. Look at these stats on a DUAL WEILD weapon. "Shot blade (+17str +12Agi +19+Sta +192Health +123Power; Damage 135-235; Base Damage 100-200; Damage Rating 39.8; Dual-Wield; Effect: Iron Fist; Iron Fist: 10% chance to cast Iron Fist on target; >5% to deal 500damage on target; >50% chance to cast Quicker Magnifation Haste: 23.8% attacks quicker;)" Even aside from the laughably overpowered stats. The insane +health and Power, it also has multiple Procs and is a reward just for zoning in? Oh, and when was the last time you saw a Proc effect that was "Haste: 23.8% attacks quicker". Attacks quicker?! What the heck sort of weapon would ever read that? Not to mention this is basically better then any other weapon in game. Please.

So anyway... About that bridge HAWAIIAN WARLORD...
  11. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] now THAT IS FUNNY...

rofl
  12. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

Not sure what is going on with this one. They have really intricate maps usually and this one was drawn in Paint. Seems like a practical joke.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kassanthala Guest

After reading the post from the person who made the map I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it may be quite possible that the poster DID find this zone.

Not that anyone else ever will.

The reason I think this, is becuase something very similar actually happened to a guildie of mine. She was in Pillars of Flame and had to get back to maj'dul for a raid group and her call to ro was down for another 5-10 mins. So she zoned into Sinking Sands and somehow - no clue how - zoned into a bugged (?) instance of Sinking Sands.
    There were NO mobs at all in the entire zone, but a ton of ? and nodes and the couple nodes she harvested she got a couple rares off of. I'm sure you can imagine how hard it was for her to decide - stay here or go to raid, but they needed her and she called back when her port came up. Hehe not me, I woulda stayed. But this is not a hoax, it DID happen, so I think it may be quite possible that something like that happened to the poster and she zoned into an area that shouldn't be there. It was when she said that there were no mobs around that it reminded me of what happened to my guildie. and buggy things tend to happen at zone lines.

Now if this person says she goes there all the time, I would tend to aggree that it is a hoax. But i could see it possibly happening as a one time thing.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jindrack Guest

Um... denied. Other than the Terrorgore and the Peacock Club bartender, there aren't any minotaur in the Desert of Flames.
  15. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Hehe thanks for the confirmation.
    Most figured this was some fake...but I am embarrassed for the website that posted this before someone there even tested the validity.
  16. ARCHIVED-xentavius Guest

06 to other land!

More undiscovered lands of fantasy!

This map did make me laugh on a rough afternoon!
  17. ARCHIVED-sammythebull Guest

"Mage Wand of The Deptness"
    ROFL
    Wonder if he meant adeptness or deftness or neither or both (or departmentness)?
    That could've potentially been a good farce for a bit, was just pulled off shoddily.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tuddar Guest

Hmm, sure looks like a lot of minotaurs in Poet's Palace. :smileywink:
  19. ARCHIVED-Pathin Merrithay Guest

That's above the Desert of Flames. Not in it. lol
  20. ARCHIVED-Jindrack Guest

Oops, forgot about those... I mean... Yeah! What Saffira said!