Kwillix Quickshot Zelmie Sortie Solo

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Stalkz, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Stalkz New Member

Does anyone have any idea how to kill this guy? I am an Assassin with Tarsil, the Pure fabled merc. In zone my HP is 292 million and my potency is 286k. I just cant kill this guy, or even come close. He never moves from his perch which you "cant see target" from basically anywhere, he also has a de-target and disarm attack. And his adds aren't up for more than a few seconds before I just get wiped. Any strats would be appreciated.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Kwillix will come down if there is no LoS to him.

Once you aggro, go down the tunnel until he gets off the ledge.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's a Ranger, who is using ranged attacks from the get go. You have to break line of sight to get him down from the ledge. After that, you should be able to smack him easier.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

your hp and potency is way low in a solo since the buff should really blow your numbers up

have you put 8 points in enhanced vigor in prestige AA? thats a must, also look at some good players of your class and make changes to your AA

be sure to have a good mount up and maybe a celestial merc like captain (the little celestial zelmie merc from ros, you can buy him off the broker and hire him from on top of a mushroom near the mushroom pq mob spawn in echo caverns)
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What is your Ascension class? The Etherialist's Ethershadow Assassin will port you right on top of him. The Vah Shir racial Pounce usually will do the same.

Otherwise, run around the corner and make him come to you.
  6. Jabberwock New Member

I have nowhere near the gear or merc of the OP, but I have to complete this to even have a chance at completing any current tier ethereals. I am trying to come back after ten years, and what is sticking out is developers' sadism has gotten worse. They clearly hate players, especially to make it a requirement for a Solo quest AFTER completing two other instances. That's how much they want new players and value your time.
    Vexil likes this.
  7. Aethos Well-Known Member

Generally speaking I hate this zone, but it's the only one of the solo dungeons that is THIS frustrating. I had the awesome experience of this actually being the first one I even tried, so I thought basically all of them were like that and all of them were awful. This is not the case, this one is uniquely bad.

That said, I still usually skip this zone if it's the daily in rotation, but I'll do it for a weekly.

When you fight the first boss, I highly, highly recommend you pull him down the tunnel back toward the entrance. The main thing that makes this zone such a massive pain in the *** is most of the bosses have something you need to tab to and kill right away in order to not be murdered, and the zone is full of non-aggro mobs that basically completely screw this up. If you pull Kwillix down the entrance tunnel, this is more or less mitigated.

And of course, always remember to tab and IMMEDIATELY kill his adds, as well as any other adds on every boss in this dungeon. The longer they're alive the more likely you are to be oneshot.

I should note that even with heroic potency, myself, these mechanics will still oneshot, as will most of them in all of the solo dungeons if the mechanics are not followed to the tee. It's just that this zone is uniquely full of bad ones that make me very angry. The rest of the zones are not nearly as self-defeating.
  8. Chrol Developer

I’ll see about making those spores non-targetable or invisible while fighting the bosses in this zone.
    Aethos and Xianthia like this.
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

God that mob is annoying. That whole zone is annoying to be honest. Not every zone needs cute special mechanics. Most zones don't really.
    Vexil likes this.
  10. Aethos Well-Known Member

Would very much appreciate this! :D

Though for this first boss in particular I'd still recommend pulling him down the tunnel for anyone fighting him, since he is a ranged mob and is difficult to hit for melees if you let him flit between his two mounds in the room.