Kunark Ascending

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by buttroast, Feb 13, 2017.

1. buttroast New Member

HI, I have been away awhile and I am returning and plan to buy the new expansion. It says all inclusive with all expansions included. What exactly does this give me content wise. Let me be more specific, will get the Beastlord, Channeler Mercinary and new races? That's my biggest concern. I just think, money is tight and if I buy expansion, plus membership, plus all the new races/classes that's well over $100. Trying to save myself money. Thank you again
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

KA now includes the Mercenary feature, but not the additional premium races or the other features from Age of Discovery (reforging, tradeskill apprentices, etc.). You do get access to all of the expansion content (including the prior expansion, Terrors of Thalumbra), so you are pretty good to go...the only AoD feature that you might want is reforging, but you don't truly need that until you get some good gear.

A tip: run through the ToT signature timeline for gear or, if you have the plat or crafters to help, get a set of Twark (KA) gear. Potency is king when doing the KA timeline; without it, it can take a while just to kill a single mob. (If you are on Maj'Dul, feel free to ping me and I'll be happy to get you some gear and jewelry to get started.)

Welcome back!

(Edit: One exception to content available may be the Fabled zones and Zek, the Scourge Wastes...they may be accessible only to members. Folks can correct me if I'm wrong on that...)
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Welcome back! I hope you have fun and stay. Go free to play to make sure you like the game first, get to 100 or close to it. Allaccess is nice for brokering, but you wont NEED that, so save some money per month until you are sure you want to stick around. Relax, find a good guild and have fun!
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  4. Justaplayer Member

Look up the epic2 prereqs and do them before buying. You might lose interest before you finish them.
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

While the epic2 prereqs can be daunting, I wouldn't worry about them right now unless you are wanting to push straight to end-game. The storyline for KA is a good one, the end is one you wouldn't have expected, and while the itemization takes some getting used to, it lets you access a lot of stuff in prior expansions that you may not have seen (once you are KA geared, you can solo heroics in Vesspyr, for instance).

But yeah, if pure high-end grouping/raiding is your goal, then definitely take a look at the prereqs for the epic2 for your archetype (a good place for information is your class forum on the EQ2Wire forums).
    Raff and Prissetta like this.