Kunark Ascending Livestream: Weds, Oct 5 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desper Member

3. What is reason that WoW population is in milions and EQ2 in thousands? Is it becouse WoW is more hardcore? Quest helpers are just standart in every game. Only game which doesn't have them is EQ2, even AoM have them as well, now they are gone for no reason, maybe becouse the game is in decline and devs have low budget?
    5. Fervor is even more lame stat without effort, just flat passive % increase damage, what is exciting about that? Specials I mean like extra stats you can't get other way, like by passing caps of casting speed or better cool downs etc. Something you would feel difference in play style, not just bigger numbers.
    6. The crappy 20% chance infusers which drops everywhere in solo content and provides absolutelly nothing, only waste of plats.
    7. New itemization and more depth to it. Curently the itemization is in such as bad state that will be really easy to improve in any way. Like autoatack stats are uselless, the hard caps are annoying for reuse, casting, atack speed, etc. It's all stale and old. White adorments are like joke now with stat inflation on items etc. Over all there is no clear way to know which stat is addictive or multiplicative.

We will see in few days what new is coming, so until then there is no reason to speculate anyway.
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

No its because it always had less hardware requirements and was generally more stable both client and server side. This while being INTENSELY easier to play which is part of the reason other people including most EQ2 players DON'T play WoW.
    And I checked just to make sure
    QuestHelper: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9896-QuestHelper.html
    Yes, it is the lame ADD-ON that holds your hand through questing and no not every mmo has one, most don't have them as a matter of fact.

That is unless you are talking about the marked areas on the map for quests which are not 'quest helpers', they are just map markers. the same way new pieces of equipment aren't 'adventure helpers'

Changes in gameplay through itemization is pretty lame. We already have sects of haves and have-nots thanks to ethereals, people playing pretty much two different styles while they are the same class. And if they made them throughout itemization from solo to raid then just make them part of the class themselves. New abilities and gameplay changes from equipment = booooooo

How are they wasting plat?

The new white adornments from the PQ/vendor update are awesome, I imagine thats the direction they will be going in the xpac. I'm glad auto attack is stalled, I jsut find still having to 'maintain' the stats so I won't lose DPS annoying.

Its not really terribly different from other games handling stats, other games just put them on a 'curve' for a false sense of growth. So while you keep piling on more of something you are really just maintaining the same value as you level up or they add content. Sweet 100 more attack speed! (because they made what you had before the update less powerful). At least with potency, mod and green stats they seem to be allowing them to go up indefinitely.

Nah, the problem was 'someone' who isn't there any more had a goofy idea on how the DF should work like some gimmick by not having class/role requirements for building a group. I'm 100% sure they could get it to work right and I am hoping they are now unfettered to do it right.
  3. Heck62 Active Member

RTT seemed to be testing for Kunark TLE release.I'm not a fan of the Deity system,100 pot,sta,or CB is a joke.With no level cap increase ,no AA increase I'm not sure what will be included to lure me in.
  4. Elinea Well-Known Member

I recently was notified that Twitch is now owned by Amazon, which can be linked to an Amazon Prime account. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.
    Kawoosh likes this.
  5. Elinea Well-Known Member

Dude, you got me!
    Dude likes this.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I'm SO bummed... my 85 YO mother needs me to listen in on a phone call about her health insurance at the exact same time as the livestream. :( Will the video be recorded for playback?
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Probably. Also, don't forget that you can get all of the information on Feldon's site EQ2Wire :).
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Sherwood_Acres New Member

It was mentioned in the Producers Letter...
    "To help you get your characters prepared for our next expansion, we are going to run another
    weeks-long “Gear Up, Level Up” event this year. There will be bonuses each week in October
    through to expansion launch, like adventure, AA, tradeskill XP bonuses, status boosts, and
    more!"

Any status on why it hasn't started yet? Thank you for your time/help!
  9. Sucha Active Member

It's a good bet it will kick off tomorrow after the live stream (if not after today's update although not mentioned in update notes).
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  10. kluxor Well-Known Member

Statement makes ZERO sense what so ever. Using a 20% infuser costs no plat. I'll take these infusers any day over some useless loot that I'm not even going to even bother looking at the stats on before i salvage 20 of them to make a single infuser.

Give me more infusers and less garbage gear and ignore this guy
  11. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Disclosure: I'm an Amazon Prime member and seller. I have a Facebook account. I have a Twitch account.

Facebook 2015 revenue = $17.93 billion
    Number of users = 1.7 billion (3rd party number. Facebook says "1.4 billion")
    Amazon 2015 revenue = $107.01 billion
    Number of active cu$tomer$ = $344 million
    Number of users, unknown.

Facebook has more Users, but the conversion of non-paying ('free-to-play') users to advertising revenue is low.
    Conversion of eyeballs to sales, for other advertisers, unknown.
    https://www.facebook.com/business/products/ads
    "Run an ad for as little as $5"

Amazon has fewer active customers than the number of Facebook users, but the conversion of customers to purchase revenue is higher.
    https://services.amazon.com/services/sponsored-products-overview.htm
    https://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=asus_sp_ovw_h_soa
    "$39.99 a month + additional selling fees"

EverQuest and EverQuest II products are for sale on Amazon. By companies Other than Daybreak Games. However Amazon mostly lists physical game products, and Daybreak Games has moved to digital distribution.

Still, why tick off a company with a large growing paying customer base, by dropping them?

Advertising Department - http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IdiotBall

http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-owned-twitch-buys-curse-2016-8
    "Amazon just bought another video-game company."
    "Amaon - which now owns game-streaming service Twitch, game developer Double Helix Games, and Curse - the company logically fits into a growing portfolio of gaming investments that focus on a new generation of games."

wink, wink, nod

Oh, I get it. Sometime in the near future ...... Daybreak Games, a subsidiary of Amazon ...... :)

Oh, and why doesn't Daybreak Games make their live announcements at 4PM PST? It would be prime time for most adults, teens, and children, in the United States. 10AM PDT is prime time in Europe. Which has a smaller customer base than the U.S.

=== I post and move to something else. Don't expect a reply. A ban maybe, but not a reply. ===

$39.99 a month + additional selling fees
    Zhaanish and Prissetta like this.
  12. Dabb Active Member

omg stop complaining, u will be able to watch it later it saves the live video
  13. Desper Member

The 20% infusers which drops everywhere as only loot doesn't cost plats you are right, but they are uselless anyway, I used 25 potency infusers on item with 862% potency and result was 864% potency or whatever.. you can keep this crap for your self. Then you have the random default infusers which cost 9 plats and add 9 plats with every try.
  14. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

After clicking on the enclosed link in the OP, is there any other items to click to view the webcast?
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

A new post will appear under the Facebook page with "EverQuest 2 is now live." and you'll be able to click it.

For folks who cannot or prefer not to watch the Livestream, EQ2Wire will of course be offering a constantly updated Liveblog of today's unveiling of EverQuest II's thirteenth expansion -- Kunark Ascending!!

EQ2Wire Liveblog: Kunark Ascending
  16. Kalmaraa Active Member

All I can say is that Iksar rule,, that is all. As there is 2 expansions offering lore and more for them,, deal with it! *runs around doing the fanboy truffle shuffle*
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  17. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

:/ Ascension Classes might be fun. Epic 2.0 is already making me feel a bit like not giving a damn about how much of a sucker I'd be giving the game another chance lol.
  18. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

Ugh facebook? I know you can watch w/o having an account but you also can't chat. What's wrong with Twitch?
    Feldon likes this.
  19. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

I think they've had problems with twitch in the past. Discord seems to be popping right now though, in the chat department
    Feldon likes this.
  20. Exarthious Member

It makes you wonder how the mech of these will work and things will be fun :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.